Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

303 observations

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 01:55 PM
koryo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 303 observations

My 303 aerospace observations:
It's almost odorless. That quality alone makes me want to use it. GRADE: A

It's pretty hard to apply without getting streaks. The instructions on the bottle say to spray it directly and wipe off. hmmm, the nozzle on the spray bottle is a jet. That would be messy to say the least. My technique was to get a towel damp with the stuff and wipe it on. Anyone else's recommendations? Maybe a rag with a large knap? The door texture is the *****. GRADE: C

It's a little more shiny than I was expecting. Not super glossy but obviously not transparent. It did gloss up the flat textures, bummer. GRADE: B-

It's slick, just like all the others. I should have not applied it to the steering wheel and shifter. I suppose it will wear off over time. GRADE: C

Protection? hmmm... get back to me in a couple years. GRADE: N/A

Is this stuff considered the best?

anyway,
I also used the 303 cleaner. It took the blue jean stain off the seat. It was raining when I picked up the car so I guess it transferred some of the dye from my jeans to the seat. It worked rather well. Most anything probably would have cleaned it. It has a mild odor, a bit funky, but certainly no fruit, pine or chemical smell. 303 claims that it leaves no residue. GRADE: B+

koryo
Old 11-06-2002, 02:21 PM
zPilott

Someone on the board mentioned using a brush to apply the 303 to the door panels. I plan to try using a sponge soaked with it next time I apply it.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:41 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Default Re: 303 observations

Originally posted by koryo
The instructions on the bottle say to spray it directly and wipe off. hmmm, the nozzle on the spray bottle is a jet.

The nozzle is adjustable but you should always spray onto an applicator then wipe.

That would be messy to say the least. My technique was to get a towel damp with the stuff and wipe it on. Anyone else's recommendations? Maybe a rag with a large knap? The door texture is the *****. GRADE: C

A good terry cloth rag woulf be best as it will help with the indentations or perferations in the door. I'm still trying to get the door even.

It's slick, just like all the others. I should have not applied it to the steering wheel and shifter. I suppose it will wear off over time. GRADE: C

I did the same thing and ended up cleaning all the leather off and then using Lexol with a ggod wipe-down.

Is this stuff considered the best?

It is according to our resident detailer Brad4rdHay. The lack of odor makes it a winner for me.

koryo
Old 11-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Brad4rdHay

Use a coton terry towel to apply it, Helps with the streaks, and make sure you let it sit on the surface for at least 5 min. Buff with a dry terry towel.

To shiney for you? Just add 2-3 oz of pure water. Still to shiny, add 4oz.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:51 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hoping that by using the 303 and avoiding the armour all, I could avoid or at least lessen that damned hazing you get on the inside of your windows. I had none whatsoever but I applied some of the 303 to the dash this past weekend and sure enough...HAZE! I guess the only way is to just not use anything.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:11 PM
koryo

Water!!! Nice tip! Thanks Brad4rdHay. I'll try it tomorrow.

Haze from heat, sun or out-gassing? Can't be worse than the grease stripe on the side windows! <jus joking>

koryo
Old 11-07-2002, 08:23 AM
WashUJon

I'm just going to use a damp cloth to wipe everything down. I've done that on my other cars and its not the best, but it stops the window haze. God, I hate that haze...
Old 11-07-2002, 01:26 PM
koryo

We don't get haze from armor all or 303. Dunno what you guys are experiencing.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:48 PM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hazing...

When I lived in Utah, I used to get haze from armor all all the time. I moved to Washington about 3 years ago, and haven't seen it since. Maybe the hazing is related to the climate in some way.

Anyone else seen something like that before?
Old 11-07-2002, 03:50 PM
CoachZ

I got window haze before using the 303, no change since then. I'm a week into the use of 303, and I agree, it's a bit shiny, especially on the seats, and streaky.

What I love about it is what it does to the tires. It's a week after the wash, 2 days of rain, parked outside every day, and the tires still look great - like satin.
Josh
Old 11-07-2002, 04:17 PM
hpz

I used the 303 for my CS touring interior and like it very much. According to the instructions (somewhere), I applied it to all plastic, rubber, leather surfaces. Which means lots of surfaces. The one place I did not apply the 303 is the material above our head (I do not know what it's called). By touch, the material seems like either plastic or cloth.
Should I apply the 303 to that material?
Old 11-08-2002, 08:09 AM
Aloharacing

Originally posted by hpz
I used the 303 for my CS touring interior and like it very much. According to the instructions (somewhere), I applied it to all plastic, rubber, leather surfaces. Which means lots of surfaces. The one place I did not apply the 303 is the material above our head (I do not know what it's called). By touch, the material seems like either plastic or cloth.
Should I apply the 303 to that material?

I probably won't apply it to the headliner material.

My question: did this stuff make the leather seats slippery? I don't want to be sliding around while i'm driving agressively.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:34 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally posted by Aloharacing
I probably won't apply it to the headliner material.

My question: did this stuff make the leather seats slippery? I don't want to be sliding around while i'm driving agressively.
I tried it on the leather and didn't like it so I cleaned them off and used Lexol. IMO much better.

I don't intend on putting anything on the headliner.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:17 AM
zPilott

I got the 303 fabric guard and applied that to all the cloth, and carpeting. Brad4rdHay recommended it over something like Scotch Guard for protecting those surfaces.