Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Review: Armor All PowerWash & Wax-It-Dry Gel System

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:43 AM
Shahrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Review: Armor All PowerWash & Wax-It-Dry Gel System

I was at Wal-Mart this weekend looking for some car wash stuff when I stumbled across a 2-pack for $6 that included a new Armor All PowerWash Gel & Wax-It-Dry Gel. I was looking for the Meguiar's NXT car wash that I normally use, but picked this up instead.

I'm always a believer that wax-as-you-dry products never work. And truthfully, they never work as good as a nice fine paste or liquid wax job. But I was quite impressed with the turnout. Especially considering the last time I waxed (with Meguiar's NXT) was right before December, and my car has been put through a beating this winter with snow & salt.

This car wash formula is not meant to be used with a bucket. And in fact, you use barely any at all. The bottle is 20 ounces and they suggest 2-3 ounces per entire vehicle. So you get about 8 car's worth or so per bottle. What you do is after wetting the car, you squirt a tiny bit over the section you want to wash. And as soon as you take a sponge to it, it lathers up like no other!! This stuff is extremely suddy and it helps clean the car so wonderfully!

After washing the car normally, you then rince everything off, and with the car wet, you repeat the same squirting process, but now with the wax process. You use very little of this milky-colored solution and with it on your wet car, you use your chamois to dry the car as normal.

Check out how the car looked afterwards in my garage:

I was VERY impressed! All of that for just $6. I'd definitely check it out. This cleaning/wax job took no time at all. No, it won't replace my NXT, but it's a good solution if you want something quick for inbetween waxes. At the minimum, I'd still recommend the PowerWash gel just for the fact that it lathers up very thick and saves the step of using a bucket!

Last edited by Shahrum; 03-14-2005 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Changed title formatting
Old 03-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I would be worried that it may take off the wax that I have already applied. But it's something I'll probably try on cars the first time I wash them. That way if it does take off the old wax then it will at least be doing what I want it to.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Shahrum

Good point. However, not a concern with this wax-as-you-dry. It uses carnauba wax, so it'll be safe with your existing coats.