Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Latest Zaino Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005 | 05:54 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Default Latest Zaino Experience

Latest Zaino Experience
For the last 10 days or so I have been unable to drive my Z since I am getting the driver's side skirt painted and my Kaminari front lip painted. I had some curb rash on both.

Well, I suppose I could drive the car but it would look funny.

Anyway, the car now sits in my garage with 84 layers of Zaino.

I have been driving my Magnum and slapped on two more layers the last week or so.

It hasn't rained here in 6 days (A new spring record I believe for western PA)

As others have posted, Sal recently came out with his new Grand Finale detailing spray which he has desiganted Z-8. (I wonder what he does when he runs out of numbers?)

About 4-5 months ago, he sent me a small sample bottle of it that was only labeled "New Sealant Spray". He told me it was "Like Z-6 on Steroids!" That Sal sure has a way with words!

Anyway, I have been putting it on my Z and my Magnum and I gotta tell you, this stuff REALLY is good!

I know I have sung the praises of Zaino's products before and this may seem like just another one of those posts but this stuff is for REAL. It shines like nothing I've seen, goes on INCREDIBLY easy, and smells like a tropical drink! I swear before it's all over I'm going to take a slug of this stuff!

Well, as always, I am loaded with pics so here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails Latest Zaino Experience-img_2783-small-.jpg   Latest Zaino Experience-img_2781-small-.jpg   Latest Zaino Experience-img_2785-small-.jpg   Latest Zaino Experience-img_2790-small-.jpg   Latest Zaino Experience-img_2791-small-.jpg  

Old 04-13-2005 | 05:57 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

In another tread Syphon posted about this as well. Someone wanted Pics.

"You Lika da pics No?"

"The pics are very goooood no?"

"They are very clean and shiney eh?"

"I give you some more pics!"
Attached Thumbnails Latest Zaino Experience-img_2793-small-.jpg   Latest Zaino Experience-img_2797-small-.jpg   Latest Zaino Experience-img_2805-small-.jpg   Latest Zaino Experience-img_2799-small-.jpg  
Old 04-13-2005 | 06:10 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Looks awesome, hey on a side note, the damn dealer swirled my Redline Roadster. I have tried 2 coats of Z-5 followed by a coat of Z-2 in between. Should I continue to just use Z-5 until the swirls are gone, or go the Z-5, Z-2 route until they are gone? They just don't seem like they are being filled in.

Thanks, awesome Hemi you got there, the Z looks HOTTER though!
Old 04-13-2005 | 06:54 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Now I understand why you were on a little hiatus, you had a new toy to play with (the Magnum). Very nice Doc.
Old 04-14-2005 | 03:08 PM
projectmrod

84 coats of zaino on the Z? thats intense..
Old 04-14-2005 | 03:17 PM
hndumafia

Originally Posted by projectmrod
84 coats of zaino on the Z? thats intense..
for real...that puts my 9 coats to shame . looks like ive got some extra zaino stuff to order this summer when i restock on z-6.
Old 04-14-2005 | 05:40 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

When I see swirls (and EVERYONE gets them eventually), I use the Z-5 exclusively until they are filled in and then I top it off with Z-2.
Old 04-14-2005 | 05:48 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
When I see swirls (and EVERYONE gets them eventually), I use the Z-5 exclusively until they are filled in and then I top it off with Z-2.
Cool, then thats what I will do until they are gone. Thanks Doc!
Old 04-14-2005 | 07:14 PM
EdgeOfSanity

that looks amazing, i cannot wait to get my z-8.
Old 04-15-2005 | 08:36 AM
Kevin Overall

I just got my stock of Z-8 in a few days ago, man that stuff is slick. I don't think these three cases will be around long.....
Old 04-15-2005 | 09:52 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Overall
I just got my stock of Z-8 in a few days ago, man that stuff is slick. I don't think these three cases will be around long.....
You have any good deals on the Z-8?
Old 04-15-2005 | 10:01 AM
Kevin Overall

Originally Posted by zand02max
You have any good deals on the Z-8?
All distributors sell at the same prices as the Zaino office
Old 04-15-2005 | 10:17 AM
bixby

Hey Doc (or anyone else who knows)? I (like you) keep my car fairly clean by applying Z6 almost every day. Can I just apply the Z8 over that or should I wash before using Z8?

Also, I think I read that you use Z8 exclusively now & just use Z6 on glass & rims so I guess that means once I start applying the Z8 (which arrived on Tuesday) I may continue to use it in the same way I use Z6 now & not wash the car (unless it's to dirty of course)?

I think I just answered my own question

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2005 | 10:21 AM
Kevin Overall

Originally Posted by bixby
Hey Doc (or anyone else who knows)? I (like you) keep my car fairly clean by applying Z6 almost every day. Can I just apply the Z8 over that or should I wash before using Z8?

Also, I think I read that you use Z8 exclusively now & just use Z6 on glass & rims so I guess that means once I start applying the Z8 (which arrived on Tuesday) I may continue to use it in the same way I use Z6 now & not wash the car (unless it's to dirty of course)?

I think I just answered my own question

Thanks!
You don't have to wash, you can apply Z-8 on top of any Zaino product.....

Yes, Z-8 can replace Z-6 for some users if they like or use a mix of them both.
Old 04-15-2005 | 10:41 AM
bixby

Thanks Kevin!
Old 04-15-2005 | 11:38 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Bix: That's exactly what I am now doing. I use the Z-6 on windows and wheels and on the painted metal inside the doors. I will use the Z-8 for the rest.

Be careful about not washing. I wouldn't apply anything if there is any amount of dirt on the car otherwise you'll just be sweeping it all around and scratching things up. If it's just dust, I'll hit it with my California Car Duster first then the Z-8.
Old 04-15-2005 | 11:48 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
If it's just dust, I'll hit it with my California Car Duster first then the Z-8.
Thanks Doc! And that's exactly what I do. I have a dedicated cali duster just for the Z. I dust, then inspect. If the duster doesn't take care of it then no Z6 (or soon to be Z8).

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-22-2005 | 07:01 PM
dcant2

Doc, I'm glad to see you working the zaino magic on black. I'm pushing 50 coats on a super black Z. I think the non-metallic finish is the hardest to keep swirls off of. The first time I used the clay bar (with 20 coats or so) I couldn't believe the results. I had to bring the neighbor over to see the shine.

We had a mild winter in Iowa this year. I was able to drive the Z most of the time, no snow days. Winter put it mark on the finish. A few coats of Z5, clay bar, and more Z5 and the fine scratches are pretty much gone. I tried the Z8 last weekend. No comments on the new smell? I think the smell is what keeps us coming back.

Zaino is catching on in town. Four co-workers are now weekly users. Maybe someday we'll all need counseling.
Old 04-23-2005 | 07:51 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

"No comments on the new smell? I think the smell is what keeps us coming back."

From my first post in this thread:

"I know I have sung the praises of Zaino's products before and this may seem like just another one of those posts but this stuff is for REAL. It shines like nothing I've seen, goes on INCREDIBLY easy, and smells like a tropical drink! I swear before it's all over I'm going to take a slug of this stuff!"
Old 04-23-2005 | 08:23 AM
EdgeOfSanity

when i got my z8 last week i wanted to see what it tasted like so bad.

Quick Reply: Latest Zaino Experience