Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:27 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Xpel had thier kit ready at the end of August, and we installed ZBart and ZLee from this board in Early September, before Invica-shield had their kit ready(do a search on this forum and you will see a thread on it) but that is niether here nor there. You are correct, any kit is only as good as its installer, and even though we are Xpel dealers, we will only refer work to installers we know will do a quality install and stand by thier work, regardless of whose kit they install. Mike at Dynashield is not only an excellent installer, but an all around good guy and one of the most knowledgable people on subject of paint protection film outside of the 3M factory. He is passionate about what he does, and isn't going anywhere. And as far as people copying Invica-Shield, I am glad Xpel didnt copy your 350Z design, whats with the 7 PIECE bumper with relief cuts under the reflectors???
Attached Thumbnails Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?-invica.jpg  
Old 01-14-2003, 06:30 PM
krinkov

Heres Xpels
Old 01-14-2003, 06:34 PM
krinkov

Attached Thumbnails Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?-350z1.jpg  
Old 01-14-2003, 06:50 PM
mikeinatlanta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DynaShield?

Originally posted by Invinca-ShieldMgr.
Dynashield? Wow! That's what happens when everyone and their brother sees a good product. Invinca-Shield, Xpel and Stongard were the three originals. We're flattered by all the wanna-be "shield" companies out there trying to be just like us. By the way, what kind of warranty did you get on your kit? How does it compare with Invinca-Shield's 5 year warranty and/or can you get warranty service coast to coast? Ask yourself the question, if the Dynashield guy decides to do something else for a living next month, do you still have a warranty?
I started by researching all of the manufacturers. StonGard was the best with XPEL a close second. All of the others (which includes you) were off the back. I decided too sell both of them. After a while, my customers were demanding more so I started DynaShield. StonGard and DynaShield are the only manufacturers of door edge guard. We are the only manufacturer of full wrap kits (more on that later).

You state your material is non-yellowing on your web site. 3M states the material is yellow resistant and does not warranty against yellowing. 3M warrants their product (full 3M warranty on my website NEXT MONDAY) for only two years. Why should a customer trust your warranty for 5 years. We both know your warranty is a marketing ploy so take it somewhere else. I encourage everyone to call ALL of your distributors on you list. You will find that most of them DO NOT EXIST or have never heard of you product.

My shop is a climate controlled sealed vent-less building with a three micron filtration system and 5,000 watts of lighting. Don't compare a class setup to what you driveway installers do.

your s500 kit
Attached Thumbnails Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?-s500gif.gif  

Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 01-14-2003 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:52 PM
mikeinatlanta

my s500 kit
Attached Thumbnails Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?-s500pic.gif  
Old 01-14-2003, 06:55 PM
mikeinatlanta

thanks jeremy, this guy has me a little upset.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:13 PM
mikeinatlanta

Lastly, let's discuss the wrap around hood design that you claim is so good. The film adheres best on clean surfaces. I don't know what you have under your hood but I have dirt, oil and grease, not to mention high temperatures under mine. At Invinca-Shield we intentionally DO NOT WRAP AROUND AND UNDER HOODS because that area is most susceptible to poor adherence. And once the film releases from the under side of the hood, it is only a matter of time before it starts fraying between the hood and the body when you raise and lower the hood. I think after a few months of use you may want to recant your testimony, Cato.
XPEL guys, please don't get mad at me for this one. I will say again, non-wrap gives the most for the money, but wrap is better and worth the extra cost to many. Stating that wrapping is bad practice is idiot speak.

We, at DynaShield spend two to eight hours just cleaning and prepping the surface for installation. We do this because our customers demand the best. Depending on the wax, we may etch it with a mild alkali cleaner. We then wash the car again with a non reactive car wash. Then we take the car into the shop and wash it again with a non-reactive and distilled water. All edges are cleaned first with a solvent and then the surfactant with distilled water.

"fraying between the hood and body"? Show me a car with only 16 mils of hood clearance and I'll show you a car that needs the body shop.
your g35 kit
Attached Thumbnails Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?-infinityg35crap.gif  

Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 01-14-2003 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:14 PM
mikeinatlanta

my g35 kit
Attached Thumbnails Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?-g35gif.gif  
Old 01-14-2003, 07:19 PM
krinkov

haha, no problem Mike, I honestly thought these guys were out of business before I read this post
Old 01-14-2003, 07:34 PM
mikeinatlanta

There are many excellent installers of paint protection film across the U.S. and your Dynashield may be one of them. We don't know as we have never heard of them and we scout out our competition keenly. Let's just hope that, in this particular situation, like most others in life, it doesn't turn out to be a case of "you get what you pay for". All the above is obviously my humble opinion but think about it, much makes sense.
Scout your competition keenly? We (you and I) are the only two transparent bra advertisers on the biggest auto web site in the world and you didn't know I existed. If you need help just ask. Go to roadfly.org and click the little button that says advertiser index. Go to the little button that says clear bras (that's us). I'm the one that’s not you. Why don't we go to the E46 M3 board and have this discussion there. My customers there will enjoy the laugh too.

To all the my350z regulars. I apologize (a little) for the nasty remarks to this idiot.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:53 PM
2003z

this site?
http://www.roadfly.org/marketplace/b...Bras&CKID=4014[random]
Old 01-14-2003, 07:55 PM
mikeinatlanta

Originally posted by 2003z
this site?
http://www.roadfly.org/marketplace/b...Bras&CKID=4014[random]
Your ability to scout is truly "KEEN"
Old 01-15-2003, 05:23 AM
mikeinatlanta

important reading for invinca-shieldmgr
http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~kinho/youare.swf
Old 01-15-2003, 01:12 PM
mikeinatlanta

Default Re: Continuing the battle...

Well, my intent was to encourage some of the Forum members to open up their eyes and look at other alternatives but little did I know it would lead into such a pissing contest! You do realize that the winners of this battle are the members of the Forum who are truly seeking to hear the honest pros and cons of each of our products.
You sir, turned this into a pissing contest when you decided the way to promote your product was by bashing others. The professional install shops on this site have a mutual respect for each others work, products, and ethics. Until you came along, everyone has been able to discuss differences/advantages/drawbacks with the understanding that the consumer would choose what best suited his/her needs. I offer both StonGard and XPEL because I recognize that DynaShield may be a bit much for some people. I have picked the two best products at price points lower than mine to give my customers a choice. I will not, as you imply, copy anyone. XPEL and StonGard both make a fine product which I would rather buy than copy (copying is very easy). Your products are below the quality I am willing to sell.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:22 PM
mikeinatlanta

We do scout our competition keenly. Two months ago, Auto Supershield (yes another "shield" company") and Invinca-Shield were the only two paint protection film advertisers on Roadfly.org
You will have to admit that Dynashield is a relative newcomer to Roadfly.org and we must have missed your intro as we've been busy designing new kits lately. We do not buy kits from Stongard nor Xpel as you are aware that we design all our own. But I could name several of both Xpel and Stongard guys who buy kits from us! wink.
I believe I signed my advertising contract at roadfly the same month you did (September 02). My ads were delayed a little due to artwork, but were up in October. Unlike you, I decided to advertise on roadfly solely as payback for all the business I was getting from them.

Your next remark about not buying from others proves my point. You are just another company that thinks you have the only product worth buying. You have it right, everyone else has it wrong. Is this how you treat your customers when they have a problem?
Old 01-15-2003, 01:31 PM
mikeinatlanta

Our annual sales are on a par with Stongard and Xpel. We do not feel threatened by your presence in the market, particularly if you really spend 2-8 hours just cleaning and prepping the surface for installation. We too prep the surface adequately, but by not using the "wrap around" technique we save many hours and therefore charge our customers much less for their installations. We have seen that there is a definite limit to what potential customers are willing to pay for and what they're not. But more importantly, we are manufacturers of kits and prefer to sell to distributors and retail customers alike.
Volume is irrelevant. The Dodge Neon sells waaay better than the 350Z: Does that make it better in any way? The people on my350Z.com are willing to pay more for quality and performance. Some of them (most) pick XPEL over DynaShield, very few of them pick the (edited.. fine product) you sell. You need to remember what board you are on. The neon guys would love your prices and quality.

edit: brenda made me edit above

Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 01-15-2003 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:49 PM
mikeinatlanta

You may be very fortunate to have some of the wealthiest automobile owners in Atlanta as your clientele for whom money is no object but we here at Invinca-Shield try to design and install our kits for the average driving enthusiast. Value is what we offer. Yes, in general our kit designs have more pieces than some other designs. This is for several reasons; 1) We try to balance "one piece design with practicality". Not everyone who installs paint protection films has unlimited hours plus the experience level needed to install a one piece bumper kit. We have had two recent distributors sign up (both ex-Stongard guys and one in your area by the way) who themselves said enough with the excessive demands of "one piece kits". 2) We sell many kits to the retail market. The average do-it-yourselfer with patience and a little bit of handiness can install some of the simpler kits and do a good job of it. 3) We offer lots of optional kit pieces the other guys do not. 4) We have always offered "a la carte" purchasing of pieces. Our customers decide what areas they wish to cover. Replacement parts are then cheaper too! And by the way, for our most experienced installers we do offer to do custom work like putting pieces together to make a one piece bumper. We had an excellent installer, Rik at a place called Detailwerks who krinkov may know, who is responsible for some of the kits you see on our website labelled "Rik specials". I believe he used to be a Stongard guy too.
Lets see if I have this right: My customers are too stupid to determine what is a good value because they chose not to go with the lowest bidder (you). Your kits are better because your installers lack the skills to install a properly designed kit? Is that it?

Why don't you name your new distributors? I believe it is David Dearing at SPEEDFILM.net, he is a good guy. I may be wrong, but I believe David also recognizes that consumers want variety.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:14 PM
mikeinatlanta

Invinca-ShieldMgr

You introduced yourself to this board by slamming other products. You now see that it is no fun having that done to you. If you feel the other products on the market are at too high a price point, talk up yours and offer it. Telling the members of this forum that they are stupid for spending too much is not the smartest way to do business. If they were getting the same or less for their money, you might be just in your cause. These people chose to spend more to get more. Maybe you should consider this when you design kits in the future.
At DynaShield, we do not design kits for cars under $30,000 retail. We recognize that our products are not suited for cars below that price point. Putting DynaShield on a neon is a laughable as putting your kit on a Ferrari 575. We are not elitists or snobs, we simply chose not to compete with what was already on the market. We saw a need at the high-end and are trying our best to fill it. If the local Chevy dealer told me tomorrow that they needed 100 lumina hoods fast and cheap, I would probably be on the phone to you rather than bother designing my own.
We recognize and respect your place in the market. Please do the same for us.

P.S. Want to buy some door edge guard? Way better and cheaper than StonGards
Old 01-15-2003, 02:38 PM
krinkov

Originally posted by mikeinatlanta
P.S. Want to buy some door edge guard? Way better and cheaper than StonGards
LMAO

Quick Reply: Which 3M bra...Invisiguard, StoneGard or Xpel?