Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pinnacle Souveran

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 08:58 AM
DM101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinnacle Souveran

Waxed my car with Pinnacle Souveran ..... Pinnacle Souveran rules... The best thing is I only paid 49.95 for it at http://steeringwheel.com/waxes.html .... What a shine will add a second coat PS...
Old 05-27-2005, 09:18 AM
syf0n

Good wax, but not worth due to durability. Makes a good top coat on a solid foundation of Zaino or another synthetic that has "real" durability. If all you use is PS, it'll be gone in two weeks.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:04 AM
DM101

Default Oh I see

That must be the reason why the majority of wax users go for the PS. There sure is a large following of car detailers that use it. I top mine over Klasse. Lots of detailers top PS over FMJ or Zanio.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:22 PM
syf0n

Your saracastic bullshït aside, I'm quite serious -- it offers a great look and depth of shine, but can't hold a candle to good synthetics in the durability department. Like I said...makes for a good top coat or car-show finish, but little else in my book. It wears off too quickly if you drive your car every day like the rest of us or park outside.

Instead of firing back snide remarks with no factual backing, do a little research and you'll find that I'm quite correct in my assessment about durability. Guru reports would be a good place to start -- they list Pinnacle Souveran as #5 of the 46 waxes they tested and noted that it was "third best looking, smells like cocanut/banana and downright edible, but Zaino's durability takes over after 3 weeks."

Also worth mention: Zaino FAQ w/ Guru Reports

I'm not a Zaino **** by any means -- I've tried two Pinnacle products for myself, as well as many other 'designer' waxes and sealants. I certainly recognize the faults of Zaino (carnuba products like PS have a much better shine for the small time they stay on the car) and sometimes I topcoat with products like PS. Nevertheless, my take remains clear as the Z is a car I drive most every day and Zaino outshines all carnuba waxes by far in a daily driving situation.

Realize that detailers use products like P21S and PS because they offer more initial depth or shine, which is what clients like to see when they pay a lot for a product/service -- and when it wears off in two or three weeks, the detailer gets to come back and make even more money! For these guys, using something like Zaino on a client's car almost stands as a bad idea because the durability means less work for them. In my mind, Zaino is a product used mostly by hobbyists such as myself, who like to spend a couple of hours detailing on the weekends but need to drive the car daily and through inclement weather. Just because I can't garage my car all the time and tongue-wax it with a golden applicator pad doesn't mean I don't want it to look great 24/7, and Zaino gives me more of that than any other company out there.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:02 PM
JamRWS6

Originally Posted by syf0n
Your saracastic bullshït aside, I'm quite serious -- it offers a great look and depth of shine, but can't hold a candle to good synthetics in the durability department. Like I said...makes for a good top coat or car-show finish, but little else in my book. It wears off too quickly if you drive your car every day like the rest of us or park outside.

Instead of firing back snide remarks with no factual backing, do a little research and you'll find that I'm quite correct in my assessment about durability. Guru reports would be a good place to start -- they list Pinnacle Souveran as #5 of the 46 waxes they tested and noted that it was "third best looking, smells like cocanut/banana and downright edible, but Zaino's durability takes over after 3 weeks."

Also worth mention: Zaino FAQ w/ Guru Reports

I'm not a Zaino **** by any means -- I've tried two Pinnacle products for myself, as well as many other 'designer' waxes and sealants. I certainly recognize the faults of Zaino (carnuba products like PS have a much better shine for the small time they stay on the car) and sometimes I topcoat with products like PS. Nevertheless, my take remains clear as the Z is a car I drive most every day and Zaino outshines all carnuba waxes by far in a daily driving situation.

Realize that detailers use products like P21S and PS because they offer more initial depth or shine, which is what clients like to see when they pay a lot for a product/service -- and when it wears off in two or three weeks, the detailer gets to come back and make even more money! For these guys, using something like Zaino on a client's car almost stands as a bad idea because the durability means less work for them. In my mind, Zaino is a product used mostly by hobbyists such as myself, who like to spend a couple of hours detailing on the weekends but need to drive the car daily and through inclement weather. Just because I can't garage my car all the time and tongue-wax it with a golden applicator pad doesn't mean I don't want it to look great 24/7, and Zaino gives me more of that than any other company out there.
I agree.

However as far as P21S (which finished 2nd in the Guru reports test).....the thing about it is that it actually has some durability. It's clear that P21S dominates Pinnacle Souveran in durabilty....and Guru Reports even said they couldn't tell any difference between the P21S and PS.

Anyways....I'm going to wash my car and put my first coat of P21S over the Zaino tonight to see how it goes.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:01 PM
n8vz

Try BlackFire is you have a dark color car.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:08 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good wax, but not worth due to durability. Makes a good top coat on a solid foundation of Zaino or another synthetic that has "real" durability. If all you use is PS, it'll be gone in two weeks.
can you continue using zaino after a coat of ps?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:52 AM
syf0n

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
I agree.

However as far as P21S (which finished 2nd in the Guru reports test).....the thing about it is that it actually has some durability. It's clear that P21S dominates Pinnacle Souveran in durabilty....and Guru Reports even said they couldn't tell any difference between the P21S and PS.

Anyways....I'm going to wash my car and put my first coat of P21S over the Zaino tonight to see how it goes.
After trying two Pinnacle products and some others like Zymol, Swissol, etc. I have also found P21S to be my choice as well. It will look great on the trans am

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
can you continue using zaino after a coat of ps?
I'm sure some serious Zainophytes would argue something about the "bonding process" not being optimal, but I don't really mind, and it's not like I'm immediately using Zaino again on top of the P21S. It is usually several weeks and two-four car washes before I even think about adding another coat of something.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:59 AM
ssc

Originally Posted by n8vz
Try BlackFire is you have a dark color car.
yeah, i use blackfire as a foundation and the pinnacle as a topcoat...works the best for my ppw, imo
Old 05-31-2005, 10:11 PM
BaLisTeK

Might wanna give s100 a shot. Almost same as P21s at half the price.

I just picked up a pinnacle kit and will be trying it out shortly. Someone stated that detailers use such waxes to add to the initial look. That is correct but I think a glaze that many of us use gives more of a wow factor than a LSP. Just my .02cents.

Oh being my first post. I hopefully can afford the 350z. Only insurance stands in my way. Wish me luck.

Pce
Old 06-01-2005, 12:08 AM
TiPIACE

absolutely nailed it in that 2nd post syfon

using carnauba waxes today on a daily drive is like arguing its better using crude oils rather synthetic motor oil
Old 06-01-2005, 01:27 AM
JamRWS6

After trying two Pinnacle products and some others like Zymol, Swissol, etc. I have also found P21S to be my choice as well. It will look great on the trans am
Well this past weekend I went ahead and put a coat of P21S over the Zaino that is probably a couple months old. The car absolutely glows now...and the P21S also has helped to fill in the extremely minute scratches that I was too lazy to polish out. In the sun the finish looks flawless and just radiates.

Haven't used any waxes in several years but this stuff is good! Now we'll see how it lasts. I'm not too worried with the Zaino still underneath though.