Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Turtle Wax F21 Polish review

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 01:45 AM
MrGraphics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turtle Wax F21 Polish review

I wax a lot, but I'm just not down with spending $70 on Zaino . . . just too cheap. So I had a coupon for F21 for $3.50, so I bite. My Review:

F21 has the following claims - nanotech, Urethane enriched, UV protection, lasts all year, swirl filling.

First I wash the car with Dawn, and my car is still beading a bit from the NXT wax I normally use. But I continue anyways. The F21 goes on OK - nothing special there. Taking it off after setting for 20 minutes is not easy. Lots of buffing with the microfiber towel.

When done, its definitly shiny. But its "mottled" - in other words, by daytona blue has darker and lighter sections to it. I think that is due to the fact that there was still NXT on the finish. So I keep polishing it with the towel, and it seems to smooth out the mottling. (on a side note, I did my GF's BMW hood and it gave the same mottled appearance. However, after a day in the sun, this went away.)

I then say for giggles, I'll use this F21 as a base, and put NXT over it. The NXT as I apply it is actually beading a bit. I keep spreading it around. When I remove the NXT - this is definiely a swirl-less car now. I would say that this is a promising combination - F21 base, NXT top coat.

I'll see how it lasts in a month . . . If its still swirl-less and beading, I'll be pretty happy.

Initial feeling - bang for the price is pretty darn good. Look wise, it benefits from something super shiny like NXT. It doesn't cloud the finish at all.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:18 AM
ReavTek

Sounds good. What kind of towels do you use? Also any tips on washing/waxing the car? Right now I just use a Black Magic or Meguiars Car Wash solution, dry the car with a Chamois, apply glaze or polish if it has been awhile since the last wax, then apply a coat of wax (usually Meguiars or NanoWax). The thing is my towels aren't as "Soft" as I think they should be... I just use the microfiber towels u can buy at Pepboys.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:04 PM
MrGraphics

Cosco 10 pack of microfiber towels is what I use. I wash with a wool mit, then let the water run out of the hose (not too hard) all over the car and let it bead off. Then I use my leaf blower to blow off the rest of the water. THen I dab up what is left with a microfibre towel.