Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 02:56 PM
g6g35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also use NXT wax
Old 07-19-2005, 02:59 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jsn350Z
Blue Coral Product X / Revive it. ( Unfortunatly it is industrial use only and hard to get ahold of ) Works WONDERS on a dark car. Of course it is doing the same job on any color, just more apparent on a darker color.

Perhaps Brian ( Yobri ) will post come pics up from when I detailed his car. I lost all my pics.

Iv tried nearly everything out there, and this product is my personal fav.
Hey Jas, you still have these hosted on the board...

Excellent stuff!
Old 07-19-2005, 04:48 PM
SungNamZ

For me it is Autoglym!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
frostyrock7c

I've used quite a few...Meguiar's, Zymol, 3M, Eagle...and I am about to pick up some Zaino. While I think that some are definitely better than others, I gotta say that a big part of it is proper application and paint care. When I exclusively used Meguiar's on my last DB Z, I had a guy who swore by Zaino(probably slept with some under his pillow) tell me it was some of the best looking Zaino results he'd ever seen...the problem was that I'd never used Zaino, he couldn't believe it.
Now my second DB Z has some fine swirls in the clearcoat from "lot" washing with the brush and I hear that Zaino is the best to cover/hide light swirls...where can I pick some up? I know someone here sells it!!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 07:22 PM
sujo16

Originally Posted by frostyrock7c
I've used quite a few...Meguiar's, Zymol, 3M, Eagle...and I am about to pick up some Zaino. While I think that some are definitely better than others, I gotta say that a big part of it is proper application and paint care. When I exclusively used Meguiar's on my last DB Z, I had a guy who swore by Zaino(probably slept with some under his pillow) tell me it was some of the best looking Zaino results he'd ever seen...the problem was that I'd never used Zaino, he couldn't believe it.
Now my second DB Z has some fine swirls in the clearcoat from "lot" washing with the brush and I hear that Zaino is the best to cover/hide light swirls...where can I pick some up? I know someone here sells it!!!!!
This link will take you to their swirl remover. I got a nail polish streak on my trunk, I thought no big deal but when it was finally gone I had a nice fuzzy patch of deep swirls. The Z-PC worked on the first application. I don't really know how but it works, don't care. As far as I know, only available on-line except mayne in NJ. Good luck...

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
Old 07-20-2005, 05:10 PM
CindysZ

You have to order the Zaino. Beware, the first time you do the process, be ready to work your touche off. But the results are absolutely amazing! Everyone is saying how fantastic their Z looks after 100 coats. I've had fantastic results after 4 coats. But the beginning is a pretty intense process.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 AM
RobDeep

Man, there are a lot of Zaino zealots on here :P

Zaino makes a good product, but I don't think it's worth the effort.

Waxes I recommend

- ClearKote's Carnauba Moose Wax
- P21S' S100 (available at your local Harley-Davidson shop)
- Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax (great if you're looking for something locally available)
- Meguiar's #16 Wax
- Pinnacle Souveran (Expensive, but impressive!)
Old 08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
RobDeep

Here are the results of Clearkotes Vanilla Moose and their Carnauba Wax on my 2001 Maxima

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's my results:
  • Washed with Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo
  • Meguiar's Clay bar with Zymol quick detail spray
  • wash again
  • Meguiar's #7 show car glaze (polish)
  • Mothers Reflections Car wax
  • Mothers Reflections Top Coat
  • applied with terry cloths and buffed with microfiber cloths

Old 08-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Lucino

this is what I don't freaking get, if Zaino is so good (I use Zaino btw), why do I have to apply so many layers..... first z6, then z5, then z6, then z5, then z2 then z6, there goes my Sunday.
guess I better get started now.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Kevin V

ZAINO!!!

Zaino is very easy to use and to maintain. After 30+ years and trying dozens of products, I haven't found anything that provides everything I want except Zaino.

The only work involved is surface prep which is NOT a Zaino thing. If you want the optimum results, with any product, do the surface prep.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
schweatty

Originally Posted by Lucino
this is what I don't freaking get, if Zaino is so good (I use Zaino btw), why do I have to apply so many layers..... first z6, then z5, then z6, then z5, then z2 then z6, there goes my Sunday.
all those steps is why a zaino shine will last at least twice as long (if not longer) as any other product out there. if you want convenience get a Mr. Clean Autodry.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Kevin V

Originally Posted by Lucino
You don't HAVE to add all the coats, people do it because it is so easy to use and with each coat you get a better shine, depth, protection and durability.

My son can apply 3 coats in about 1.5 hours.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:31 PM
sharingan625

i guess regular wax doesn't do really good on hiding swirls then?

what is the best product in hiding/filling swirls on black Z?

i have no space to use PC. everything will be done by hand, and i can't imagine myself buffing the whole car with swirl remover until the swirl is completely gone...

-John-

Last edited by sharingan625; 08-12-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Jsn350Z

IMO Blue Coral Product X and Revive it are the BEST products to fill/hide swirls on a black car. But hey no one listens to me I'v been posting about the stuff for a while now.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:07 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jsn350Z
IMO Blue Coral Product X and Revive it are the BEST products to fill/hide swirls on a black car. But hey no one listens to me I'v been posting about the stuff for a while now.
I was actually pretty d@mned surprise at how well that stuff hid the swirls in my rather swirl-marked paint...

Speaking of, man Jas, I need another treatment...
Old 08-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Jsn350Z

That was only one coat too Brian. Next time we should clay first

Just let me know when!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:24 AM
HotFairladyZ

Originally Posted by Sexy350zStud03
What is the best wax out there.

Zaino, deffinitly.
Where are you from in STL? I haven't seen another STL member.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:54 AM
crjpilot

I've used both Zaino and Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax on my car. I tell you one thing, if you do the prep work right, you REALLY can not tell the difference. After prepping and applying a base coat of NXT, followed by another coat, the shine is beautiful.

I recently ordered Zaino and was expecting something incredible compared to NXT, but truthfully, when I was finished it looked exactly like before. Don't get me wrong, it looked great, but... not any better than with Meguiar's.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Some I noticed from my own experiences were:

1) No matter what anyone says, Meguiar's is much easier to work with. When they are both dry, NXT wipes off effortlessly whereas Zaino is a litle harder. No, I'm not doing it wrong with Zaino. I know it shouldn't look white at all and I know you need ZFX and need to let it dry for quite some time. Bottom line is it's harder to remove. If you disagree with me (which I know some of you will), try NXT. You will see.

2) Zaino lasts longer. Z2 is some tough stuff. My car gets stuck in the Florida thunderstorms almost daily, and gets pounded by the sun a good deal. It holds up great. A wash once a week keeps it looking wonderfully shiny. When I used NXT, after a few washes, the shine was beginning to fade.

3) I think NXT hides scrathes better. The first time I washed my car, I put a scratch on the roof. Meguiar's takes care of it no problem, whereas I have to put a little more effort in covering it with Z5.

So, its pretty much a tradeoff. Either way, immediately after a weekend detailing, the cars will look the same. So it really depends on your own preference as to which to use. After seeing the durability of Zaino, I think I'm going to be sticking with that for a while. It's easier to maintain.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:13 PM
sharingan625

Originally Posted by crjpilot
I've used both Zaino and Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax on my car. I tell you one thing, if you do the prep work right, you REALLY can not tell the difference. After prepping and applying a base coat of NXT, followed by another coat, the shine is beautiful.

I recently ordered Zaino and was expecting something incredible compared to NXT, but truthfully, when I was finished it looked exactly like before. Don't get me wrong, it looked great, but... not any better than with Meguiar's.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Some I noticed from my own experiences were:

1) No matter what anyone says, Meguiar's is much easier to work with. When they are both dry, NXT wipes off effortlessly whereas Zaino is a litle harder. No, I'm not doing it wrong with Zaino. I know it shouldn't look white at all and I know you need ZFX and need to let it dry for quite some time. Bottom line is it's harder to remove. If you disagree with me (which I know some of you will), try NXT. You will see.

2) Zaino lasts longer. Z2 is some tough stuff. My car gets stuck in the Florida thunderstorms almost daily, and gets pounded by the sun a good deal. It holds up great. A wash once a week keeps it looking wonderfully shiny. When I used NXT, after a few washes, the shine was beginning to fade.

3) I think NXT hides scrathes better. The first time I washed my car, I put a scratch on the roof. Meguiar's takes care of it no problem, whereas I have to put a little more effort in covering it with Z5.

So, its pretty much a tradeoff. Either way, immediately after a weekend detailing, the cars will look the same. So it really depends on your own preference as to which to use. After seeing the durability of Zaino, I think I'm going to be sticking with that for a while. It's easier to maintain.
is nxt a lot better than maguire gold wax as in filling/hiding swirls? gold wax didn't do much on filling/hiding part on my black Z...

i really don't care about the shining part. i can make my car shine with a stick of butter if i had to. but hiding swirl is a *****!!

Last edited by sharingan625; 08-16-2005 at 12:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Wax