Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Protecting light-colored leather

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:52 AM
MX350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protecting light-colored leather

hi, i just bought an S3 but have been in the forum for 1+ year and feel mor confident asking this here since the atmosphere here is great...
I have leather Recaro seats in avery light color and i wear jeans almost everyday, i have noticed that the leather (specially on the door-side of the seats) is getting stained or damaged in some way...is there a product that I can buy to protect it and/or clean it? here is a pic of the seats...thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Protecting light-colored leather-s3-012.jpg  
Old 11-26-2005, 10:31 AM
350xfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MX350
hi, i just bought an S3 but have been in the forum for 1+ year and feel mor confident asking this here since the atmosphere here is great...
I have leather Recaro seats in avery light color and i wear jeans almost everyday, i have noticed that the leather (specially on the door-side of the seats) is getting stained or damaged in some way...is there a product that I can buy to protect it and/or clean it? here is a pic of the seats...thanks!
I have had a problem with that on my wife's G with saddle and my Z with Orange and I will tell you I have had no luck. Do not rub the leather one of those plastic brillo pads... I know from experience. I think you can have the leather re-dyed, but don't know. To protect, keep the leather coated with conditioner and do not let your belts rub on it.
That's the best I've been able to do so far.