Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Clearbra Installed Today (not so good pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Lancaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearbra Installed Today (not so good pictures)

Hey gang,
I had my Z clearbra'd this morning at Pace Innovations in Baton Rouge. I opted for the entire front coverage; which includes front bumper, headlights, and the hood, mirror, and front fender protection (basically all front impact zones). Totally glad I did this! I was worried about ugly lines and poor install...these guys put all that to rest. The only thing I have yet to see is how it stands up to all the projectiles flying at it for the next 5 years. And with a 3M 5 year automatic warranty I'm feeling good

If (more like when)you guys do this, I highly recommend you have it professionally installed! I stayed the entire 4 hours watching them apply it, and it did not even look easy. They also made sure it was aligned perfectly, brought out the syringe and heat gun a few times for nit picky stuff.

Here are some really bad pictures of the install. Don't know why they're so dark I'll take some after-shots tomorrow~

]
After the bumper and hood were tacked on already

Bumper finished, hood going on

Raw work finished. This is before they went over the edges with a microscope

Anyways. Big +1 to the 3M clearbra process from me atm
Old 01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Robert, that looks good. Damn, can't believe it took 4 hrs to install though!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:55 PM
mahont

Nice...wish I woulda got one installed the day after I got the car. Mind if I ask how much it cost you + installation?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Daytona350Texas

yeah im interested in how much it cost as well... im lookingto do that when i get my body kit later and would like to know an est
Old 01-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Lancaster

It was $600 out the door. Not to bad since the retail cost for just the materials off Xpel.com came out to like $560. From what James was telling me, some shops in the bigger cities charge a lot more for the exact same system (close to $1k) simply because they can.

Heh, 4 hours did sound like awhile Dave But it went by pretty fast. From what I could see, the front bumper and side mirrors looked like the hardest pieces to put on. Certainly doable by one person, but it went much faster when Paige started to help. They spent a chunk of time making sure the edges were completely lined up (and sealed off). There was one point, where they had most of the left side bumper tacked down (looked great to me)...but he looked at it sideways for a second, then brought out the soap bottle to unstick it because he thought it was slightly off. Anyways, I'll wait 4 hours if that means they're doing it right