Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

wdf.next spray wax blows

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wdf.next spray wax blows

I'm not sure if I did anything wrong.. I used NXT spray wax for the first time on my test car..my sisters car. I put it on in a pretty thin layer and spread it out. I let it haze and after 30 minutes i begin to take it off.. its not coming off though. Whats up with that? Its harder to take off than the cheap mother synthetic wax the first time i used when i got into detailing. It takes 100lbs of pressure to take it off. Is it supposed to be this hard? Zaino comes off w/ 0 pressure and doesn't even dust.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:35 AM
JokerDev

The spray wax from NXT isn't very good. It is difficult to take off...use nxt speed detailer and spray it down a bit before trying to remove it, it'll make it easier
Old 04-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Mathys

That's why I would stick to Zaino..
Old 04-30-2006, 07:17 PM
mrZeee

i forget if the directions say spray and let sit(like the liquid wax does) but @megs.com...it shows being used like a spray and wipe product
Old 04-30-2006, 07:56 PM
plumpzz

bleh that **** blows. i use zaino on my car, but my sister wanted me to clean her car so i thought i'd test this on her car. I used zaino z6 to remove that stuff off..the z6 got a better shine then the meg wax. lol. Zaino is godly on my car, its so damn smooth.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:11 PM
mikead_99

Dude, all spray wax sucks.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by mikead_99
Yep.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:47 PM
mrZeee

try optimum spray wax before you say that...works great for me and is highly regarded @ autopia.com...use it like applying a qd...great shine, slick, decent durability
Old 04-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Kabs

i used nxt spray wax and didnt have any probs... worked well... then i went to nxt liquid wax and was blown away
Old 05-01-2006, 07:14 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

Originally Posted by Kabs
i used nxt spray wax and didnt have any probs... worked well... then i went to nxt liquid wax and was blown away
+1

i use the spray wax in betwen full on waxing sessions...has always worked great for me
Old 05-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Kabs

exactly..... dont expect miracles but the stuff comes off mad easy. And actually lasts a little.... i use liquid nxt every other week... and then nxt spray in between

car is so shiny.... u plumzz need to learn how to apply / buff =P
Old 05-01-2006, 08:24 AM
mikead_99

Originally Posted by mrZeee
try optimum spray wax before you say that...works great for me and is highly regarded @ autopia.com...use it like applying a qd...great shine, slick, decent durability
Ah, I like to do glaze + synthetic + synthetic/carnuba + carnuba topper on my car with refreshes on the carnuba every few weeks. No need for a spray wax for my car. For a quicky on my wife's truck that may well work out, I've read the comments at autopia, but I'd still rather follow a more traditional route on her's too. She gets the Zaino now since it is pretty simple and is durable enough for me to spend a lot less time on her ride than mine, but whenever it is time to replenish my supplies for her I might re-evaluate my stance on sprays.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 AM
zzrobzz

I've been warning people about NXT Spray Wax since it cameout.

If you have a dark colored car...STAY AWAY!!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 AM
mrZeee

Ah, I like to do glaze + synthetic + synthetic/carnuba + carnuba topper on my car with refreshes on the carnuba every few weeks. No need for a spray wax for my car. For a quicky on my wife's truck that may well work out, I've read the comments at autopia, but I'd still rather follow a more traditional route on her's too. She gets the Zaino now since it is pretty simple and is durable enough for me to spend a lot less time on her ride than mine, but whenever it is time to replenish my supplies for her I might re-evaluate my stance on sprays.
my treatment:
megs #80
megs #16
optimum spray wax (carnuba/syn)
then:
prestone quickshine (carnuba qd) (for maintanence)
optimum spray wax (after washes)
Old 05-01-2006, 06:58 PM
mikead_99

@ mrZeee: Your treatment makes a little more sense to me now. When I read your post about using it, I thought you were saying that is all you use for wax. Using it to replace a QD makes sense to me, I may even give it a go the next time I wash and don't have time to top with wax. Right after I wash is the only time I will QD, I get too much construction dust by my office to safely remove it and be certain of no swirling/marring, but I do like to QD to clean up after a wash. FWIW, my current recipe is:

- FPII (IP in spots, only if needed) only every 2-3 months to strip down and start over.
- Meg's #7 Glaze
- NXT (I'll be trying some acrylic after I finish my NXT off, but had some left from use on my old car and do want something synthetic underneath for durability, just in case I don't get time to keep carnuba top fresh)
- Meg's #26
- Natty's Blue Paste

Wash weekly if I can, often sooner, sometimes less frequently, QD after to get rid of any spots, and retop with NB every couple-few weeks. I really like to go at least one wash before re-topping cause a wash and QD really gets the last coat to pop, maybe better than the initial final buff. I could really get by with NXT, Klasse twins, or several others as a base and straight on to carnuba (P21S or Souveran get use here too, but man NB is great for the price, use the other ****e when I really want to dazzle and know a retop is only 2 weeks away at the most), but got #26 to use up too. I like #26's depth over NXT, but until last weekend when I took out my dealer installed swirls I wanted NXT in the mix for fill.