Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

How to Safely Deal with Bird Shishkabob

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 07:49 PM
DetailingDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Safely Deal with Bird Shishkabob

Each Bird's, uhhh ... "Stuff" has a different pH levels depending on what they are eating. Also, birds don't have a No1 or a No2 hole, they have a No1/No2 hole.... so it is double whammy when it hits your car (urine and feces). To make matters worse many birds use tiny broken up shells or fine gravel to assist them with digestion.

Many oceanic birds eat fish and use shells while many inland birds eat berries and use gravel.

So........ someone that had their paint etched and someone who didn't are testament to the varying pH levels.

Here's a trick for getting Bird Shishkabob off your paint safely: Keep a bottle of Selzer Water in your car. When you see the Pooo, crack open the bottle and pour a small amount of Selzer water onto the mess and allow it to soften it. The bubbles in the water will lift much of the residue. For the remaining matter turn the selzer bottle upside down, with your finger or thumb over the spout shake it vigerously and blast off the bomb (aim away from people, your windows, other cars).

Use a 100% Cotton towel or a Microfiber towel and a Quick Detailing spray to remove the drips and splatters then when you get home properly wash and inspect the area to see there is any minor etching. If there is take the appropriate measures to get rid of it. If there is no aparent damage give it a quick coat of your surface protection.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:31 AM
MikeW

Good advice. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:28 PM
irish-z

Default bird shishkabob

d-dude

Good advice but a day late!! My SB suffered from a run with a cluster bomb! Three large clusters that I did not discover till the end of my drive. By then the S#&#@ had dried and I removerd the largest damage with soap and water. cleaned up ok except for what looks like etching. Any suggestions on removing/correcting the residule??

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:38 PM
DetailingDude

Default Re: bird shishkabob

Originally posted by irish-z
d-dude

Good advice but a day late!! My SB suffered from a run with a cluster bomb! Three large clusters that I did not discover till the end of my drive. By then the S#&#@ had dried and I removerd the largest damage with soap and water. cleaned up ok except for what looks like etching. Any suggestions on removing/correcting the residule??

Thanks for your help.
Are you actually in Ireland? That will change how you do things as you'll have to resort to Farecla or AutoGlym.