Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Not impressed with Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 01:00 PM
onefastdoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not impressed with Zaino

Sorry to burst the Zaino bubble, but I have to say that I am really not impressed with the Zaino products thus far. It's not bad, but not nearly as good all they hype people have generated about it. I picked up some ZFX, Z2, Z6, Z7 wash, and claybar in West L.A. from Ira. I now have about 6 coats of Z2 with ZFX on with Z6 in between (claybar done first) and although it looks clean, the finish is not as shiny or soft to touch as some of the other high end products I have used. So what am I comparing Zaino to?

Well, I've tried almost everything but the top three that I have found the best are Blitz One Grand, Klasse, and Pinnacle. The only problem with Pinnacle is the cost. At $70, the Pinnacle Souveran Car Wax is pretty expensive, although I did spend about $80 in total on the Zaino products as well. The Pinnacle finish was much softer to touch and had a better shine than Zaino by far. A close second, and definitely the best deal, is the Blitz One Grand Wax. After claying, then using 3M polish, then Blitz, I get nearly as good of a finish as the Pinnacle, but for much cheaper, and still head and shoulders above the Zaino.

The main advantage of Zaino is that synthetics last longer. However, if you wax your car every 3 to 4 weeks, it negates the advantages that Zaino has to offer. I know DrBonz is going to say that I've been drawn to the dark side, and that the force is not with me, etc., but from one Doctor to another, I have performed my clinical trials and that's my conclusion. I did not find Zaino to be all that impressive.

Bottom line. My Zaino is for sale. Taking offers.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:53 PM
JZC

I'm not impressed you posted in the wrong forum.

Sorry ya didn't like it though.

To each their own.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Raistlin

Best bang for your buck and shine is

3M IHG followed by 1 Grand Blitz Wax
I just did this combo on my A4

synthetic wax is crap (IMO) some of them can dull the appearance of your clearcoat by making it look hazy. I also hear that they can attract dust. And finally on a new car, it may not let your paint harden and cure. (I remember reading about this, but I am no expert) My bodyshop guy says to never use anything but carnuba wax on your car.

good information at this site
www.carcareonline.com
Old 05-17-2003, 06:37 PM
daytona350z

Default Re: Not impressed with Zaino

Originally posted by onefastdoc
Bottom line. My Zaino is for sale. Taking offers.

i wanna try this stuff... where are you located and how much?
thanks
Old 05-17-2003, 08:01 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only Zaino Z I've seen is Iris's and it's very sharp.

I've gotten a lot of complements with my shine. I've used an entire can of Mother's Caranuba wax and 3 coats of Crystal Guard. If you don't like Zaino, I'd suggest you try the Crystal Guard, it's quite good.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

UUUUMMMMMM

So sad it is when followers lose faith.

So confused and mislead they are.

A great disturbance in the Force I sense.
Attached Thumbnails Not impressed with Zaino-nismo-kit-side.jpg  
Old 05-18-2003, 04:37 PM
React3

Crystal Guard! The only way to fly
Old 05-18-2003, 05:24 PM
lew f

I'm sorry you didn't like the Zaino products. I have been using them for two years and find them better than anything else I have ever used.

I guess if zaino was the only polish out there we wouldn't be replying to each other.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:42 AM
Kevin V

For over 30 years I had tried dozens of car care products. After I tried Zaino I quit looking. The shine with Zaino seems to be the thing people like most. Of course it also is the best in durability and protection.

Carnauba's do provide a nice shine, but since the optical clarity of carnauba is about 70% and Zaino is 99%, which one do you think is giving you the true color of your car.

Sorry it didn't give you the results you wanted. Everyone should use what they like best.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:40 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by Kevin V
Of course it also is the best in durability and protection.
Just for arguments sake, the durability point is moot. It's not a factor b/c it seems that most people are putting more than one coat of XYZ brand of wax/polish/synthetic so durability "fondness" isn't really an issue. It becomes an issue when you're the kind of person that doesn't want to touch their car but once every 6 months to wax it. Most people who pick up Zaino, Blackfire(like me), etc are not going to just put on one coat and walk away for so long.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:47 PM
lew f

Your totally correct. I already have 6 coats of Zaino on my Z. I enjoy washing and waxing. I find it relaxing. I just don't do windows.
I also added the Stillen Exhaust to the car yesterday as well. You can feel the difference in accelleration and the car idle seemed to smooth down
Old 05-21-2003, 01:52 PM
iris

Originally posted by hfm
The only Zaino Z I've seen is Iris's and it's very sharp.
thanks for the compliment!

onefastdoc, I haven't seen you around in awhile. Kai right? anyway, sorry it didn't work out for you.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:50 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

Its all about the color of your car, i just zaino my parents' dark blue es300 along side with my cs Z. The lexus with zaino looks so much better afterward, where my cs doesn't look all that different. I still love zaino, its probably the best stuff i ever used. it kept the shine for long time.
i think everything comes down to the color, the darker the color, the more effective zaino will be.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:11 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by lew f
Your totally correct. I already have 6 coats of Zaino on my Z. I enjoy washing and waxing. I find it relaxing. I just don't do windows.
I also added the Stillen Exhaust to the car yesterday as well. You can feel the difference in accelleration and the car idle seemed to smooth down
Hope you like the exhaust. =D
Old 05-22-2003, 08:33 PM
aggiez

Meguires #7 and Meguires #26 work just fine for me.

I've heard good things about Blackfire, so I might try it out in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Not impressed with Zaino-138-3839_img.jpg  
Old 05-23-2003, 04:03 AM
lew f

The exhaust system is fine. You can feel the difference in accelleration right away. I also believe the dual pipes and separate mufflers are good for the engine (less back pressure) as well. Great thing is the exhaust does nothing to the warantee
Old 05-23-2003, 04:17 AM
jinxxycat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aggiez:
I just got my blackfire new car kit in the mail--I have only used the car wash/conditioner, it is pretty nice. I am waiting about 60 days to wax it under advisement of the company that sold it to me. I will post pics after I use it.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:29 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by nosuchsol
Just for arguments sake, the durability point is moot. It's not a factor b/c it seems that most people are putting more than one coat of XYZ brand of wax/polish/synthetic so durability "fondness" isn't really an issue. It becomes an issue when you're the kind of person that doesn't want to touch their car but once every 6 months to wax it. Most people who pick up Zaino, Blackfire(like me), etc are not going to just put on one coat and walk away for so long.
I disagree with it being a moot point. There is a difference in waiting until all the wax is gone in less than three months, and waxing a car that still has protection, but you are just looking to add a bit of shine back to.

I switched from Meguiars Gold Class on my last car (black GTP), and agree the initial shine is nearly equal to Zaino. However, after two months, I had no more water bead, which means very little protection left. With Zaino, I have the water still beading at 3 months, and I can add a coat and go out three or four more months with a pretty good feeling that my paint will be protected that whole time.

The look is all subjective, but I will argue that Meguiars or carnuba based stuff just won't last as long.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:23 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

owell as much as I wish there were ONE best product, the undisputed best wax out there, this would negate competition, and we'd be payin 200$ a bottle for this "super wax"

so I welcome the competition, I use zaino today, might use CG tomarrow, ect. all I do know is that although I like shine, the reason I wax is to protect the paint first and foremost, Id rather have 90% shine for 10 years than 99% shine for 5. this may or may not be true or whatever, but I use synthetic only, end of story, caranuba does turn brown IMO, its a problem when the wax melts at a lower temp than the average surface temp of a car on a sunny day, so what protection does caranuba wax offer me?
Old 05-25-2003, 03:35 AM
onefastdoc

Check your PM Iris.

Quick Reply: Not impressed with Zaino