Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Ultima Paint Care

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:35 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ultima Paint Care

Well, let me say that I am a Zaino user and have been for a few years. Have to say its the best product I have used so far, just takes alot of work. My question is has anyone tried these.: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ultima.html. They say it is better than Zaino and easy too use:http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

They have a sample pack: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ultsamp.html, I will have to try out. Just curious if anyone has tried it yet
Old 10-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

give it a try and write up a review for everyone. Hard core Zaino users will never admit or believe that something can work better than the almighty zaino though.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Vader007

Keep in mind the guy who developed and sells the Optima line is also the Mod
of that website so reviews may be a little scewed.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:30 AM
paradigm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
give it a try and write up a review for everyone. Hard core Zaino users will never admit or believe that something can work better than the almighty zaino though.
i'm a "hardcore" zaino user...but definitely not blind to trying other products...which explains why my garage is filled with products! hehe

the problem i have is that i never use up a bottle of any wax/sealant i try...they all last so ridiculously long. i'd love to try Ultima products, but i still have a lifetime of Zaino, Duragloss, Four Star, Collinite, etc left to use up.

as far as Ultima, the general concensus on autopia is that it is a solid product line. a few members have mentioned concerns with durability and/or slickness diminishing early, but as with all products, YMMV.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:23 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vader007
Keep in mind the guy who developed and sells the Optima line is also the Mod
of that website so reviews may be a little scewed.
David Bynon is not just the mod, he owns and runs it. When I first saw the changes that have been going on over on Autopia, it really started to concern me. It has always been an independant, unbiased source of info. Once they trashed the "Zaino how-to" thread by making it an advertisement for Ultima, that pretty much convinced me that the almight $$ was taking over there. Everything that used to be good is now no longer good enough and has been replaced by one of their own products.

I used to highly recommend Autopia to anybody wishing to learn about detailing, now I'm afraid I'm just sending them to a sales pitch.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

I like autogeek myself.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 AM
paradigm

most of my supplies have come from autogeek. other one-offs i get from topoftheline. both have had great customer service, imho.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:55 AM
zzz350

Sounds like you are dissing Zaino users, just because it works and people like it, doesn't mean that they aren't willing to find a better product. Hell, that's how most people arrived at using Zaino. Consider this your one and only warning!
Old 10-14-2007, 08:48 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Once Guru Reports tests Ultima against Zaino and all the others, and proves that it's worthy of a try, only then will most hardcore users of other products consider switching.

Once you've found something that works to your level of satisfaction, you don't want to risk switching to something that may turn out worse. I, like many others have a lot invested in Zaino, and I'm not referring to just the product. There's the expertise factor to consider.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like autogeek myself.
+1

i would recommend newbies going there. Also, their online store is really nice as well. Good prices, super fast shipping.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 AM
mw9

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Once Guru Reports tests Ultima against Zaino and all the others, and proves that it's worthy of a try, only then will most hardcore users of other products consider switching.

Once you've found something that works to your level of satisfaction, you don't want to risk switching to something that may turn out worse. I, like many others have a lot invested in Zaino, and I'm not referring to just the product. There's the expertise factor to consider.

What products do you recommend and what site to buy them . And has anyone brought anything from these guys http://www.detailersdomain.com/index.asp.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

I'm a Zaino-holic as far as wash and wax. Other stuff like 303 Aerospace Protectant for the interior and exterior plastic and rubber I get from a local shop. Detailing supplies (towels, polishing pads, mitts, etc.) I've bought from Topoftheline.com, DfTowel.com & ProperAutocare.com.

There's a lot of places out there thay sell the same basic products so once you pick the products you want to use, find the place with a good price, shipping options and availability.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:57 PM
mw9

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
I'm a Zaino-holic as far as wash and wax. Other stuff like 303 Aerospace Protectant for the interior and exterior plastic and rubber I get from a local shop. Detailing supplies (towels, polishing pads, mitts, etc.) I've bought from Topoftheline.com, DfTowel.com & ProperAutocare.com.

There's a lot of places out there thay sell the same basic products so once you pick the products you want to use, find the place with a good price, shipping options and availability.
I agree Zaino is just amazing, just alittle more work than others.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

I think the "Zaino is too much work" is a myth. Once every couple of months I put on one or two coats of Z-2 and that's it. That's nothing more than any other product would require and considering how easy it goes on and comes off, its probably less work than others.

The initial prep process (wash/claybar/Z-*) are pretty much necessary no matter which product you use. It's like painting a house - if you don't do the prep work properly, the paint jobs won't last and it won't look its best.