Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Liquid Glass Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:49 PM
robertinmesa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid Glass Review

Lask weekend i decided to try liquid glass after using a claybar on my car for the first time. I was skeptical regarding my need for a claybar, as i do drive a newer vehicle purchsed in October. However, she does have 23K+ miles on her, no need to take any chances.

I decided to give it a try and I am glad i did. Many, many impurities came out of the nose alone. I think I spent 1.5 hours in this troubled area. It was plagued with chips and other bits of unidentifiable grime..... I used to think my car was dark under the paint. After using the claybar, most (70%)of my chips literlly ended up 'blending in'. they are barely visable at all. My only regret was not spending more time to eradicate the other 30%. Awesome.

After the car was cleaned I applied a coat of liquid glass. The following morning I applied a second coat. On monday I decided to add a third coat to the front section BECAUSE this product claims to enhance chip protection if layered enough(think clear bra in a bottle) Just to be certain it was still clean, I cleaned it again. when i sprayed the nose, I was shocked.....I have never seen water bead in this manner....So far i am extremly impressed with the results. I typiclly wax every 2-3 months (due to the weather conditions) and wash 3-5 times a month-as needed.

My previous waxes were not lasting as long as I thought. NOW I know that waxes melting point is 170F and it is BAD to use dishwashing soap. I was even using a generic brand.

Recent reading alluded that polymers are the most durable application for my region type (Phoenix; Think Hot... and than its still hotter!). I am certain that if it is 115F in the shade, my vehicle's surface temperature, when being exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, exceeds 170F. It's not a joke when we say it's hot enough to cook an egg on the sidewalk. (I am going to check on the actual surface temperature of the hood and report back on this)

SO far i am extremly pleased with the result of this product and would like to hear from anyone else that has used this before. It ALSO claims to work better than rainx for water repellent on the windshield. has anyone tried this? I figured I might try it on some of the smaller windows first and see.

As Murphy predicted I drove home thru a dusty Monsoon today. SO no pics till i can clean her off again- after the storm blows thru. I'm also going to add a third layer of protection. This stuff claims that more is better.

It certainly makes some interesting claims. What do you think?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
turismo

Nice review
Old 07-05-2008, 12:01 PM
robertinmesa

Liquid Glass Review-pic-1-z.jpg

Liquid Glass Review-pic-2-z.jpg

Liquid Glass Review-pic-3-z.jpg

Liquid Glass Review-pic-4-z.jpg

Update for pics after 3rd coat of the liquid glass.

I dont understand why they are so small. Just to get them attached i had to reduce camera resolution to lowest setting.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:06 PM
robertinmesa

sadly these pictures do not do it justice. I am still pleased with the results after a week. Only time will really tell. I have yet to determine how hot the vehicle actually gets in the desert sun, but i will know by the end of next week once i have access to a special thermometer.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:56 PM
turismo

Wow, that looks amazing.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:28 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turismo
Wow, that looks amazing.
+1
Old 07-06-2008, 04:23 AM
magna750

Looking good!

Also, about your pics; you can upload bigger versions to Photobucket and then link to them. This gets you past the forum size limitation.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Indyzed

I remember when Liquid Glass came out in the 80's. It was over $20 a bottle back then! It did make a difference. Nice Z by BTW.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:38 AM
robertinmesa

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o..._053/post1.jpg

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o..._053/post2.jpg

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o..._053/post3.jpg

updated with high resolution pics