Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 07:45 AM
mcduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to side with the naysayers, Wicked. I can't argue that the results are very nice, but until you can verify what this product actually is, how can you be sure what the long term effects will be? Or how well it will protect the paint? ... shine is great, but if your paint deteriorates because it is shiny, but not protected... I'm sure you're "Super Wax" will be much better received when you can provide an actual name and info on it.

Other comments made earlier...

2Fishy4U said...
The guy might have something. My son works at a Chevy Dealership and brough home a bottle of stuff they use exclusively on Corvettes. I put a single coat on my Z a few months ago and the car is still bright and shiny. Bug removal is also much easier because the wax lasts. I think they get the product directly from GM, but will find out once he gets up this morning.

Hardly conclusive. Any high quality protectant has these properties. In fact, recently used my last bit of Zaino to help my buddy wax his new Mach1 Mustang. With only 1 coat, he said he loves this stuff and is ordering his own Zaino kit. Actual comments... "when dirty, he can just hose down his car and all the dirt rolls right off" and "all the bug guts squirt right off the front with the hose". I think you will find this is true of Zaino, Crystal Gaurd, BlackFire, and pretty much any high end car protectant...

DrBonz said
I don't spend any more time on the car than anyone else who likes to golf, or fish, or hunt etc. Everyone has a hobby to keep them sane. This is mine.

Well said, Ed! I laugh when someone gives me grief for Zainoing my car again (I do it about once every other week on average), but then they tell me how they spent half of their Saturday walking around in the sun chasing a small white ball around acres and acres of prime real estate, or how they spent the afternoon water-skiing on the lake.

As for results... it's time for me to bogart this thread with some old photos. I do think the mystery was made a difference on chazzg's DB 350Z, but I still don't think it looks as good as the Zaino.

Examples to follow starting with my "Zaino roof reflection series". unfortunately, I cannot post 1280x960 resolution of this pic here, but you can actually count the bricks and individual branches on the tree in full resolution...
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-smpw30_bridge_reflect.jpg  

Last edited by mcduck; 08-08-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:49 AM
mcduck

Buub said...
I put 100 miles a day on mine, and even though I can get a decent shine out of CG when I am able to wash it, there is no way I can avoid the various nicks and scratches I get on my hood and front fender from road rocks and such.

I'm not going to say my car is completely free of nicks or chips, but this photo and the next were both taken 200 or so miles after cleaning and waxing (which is why the wheels aren't super shiny black). Only thing I did prior to photos was wipe the brake dust off the rims.

close up first...
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-sm385_sbg_rfcloseup_half.jpg  
Old 08-08-2003, 07:52 AM
mcduck

and another...

in case you're wondering, the white "specks" on the driver door are the reflections of the Cherry Blossom petals sitting on the asphault. This photo was taken from distance of about 15-18 feet.
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-sm386_sbg_lfcloseup.jpg  

Last edited by mcduck; 08-08-2003 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:53 AM
mcduck

finally, a more recent shot (prior to Nismo, but after iForgeds). This one immediately following a full clean and Zaino-ing...
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-smdscn0522.jpg  
Old 08-08-2003, 08:10 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job Duck!

My Patriotic roof reflection shot:
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-new-stuff-037.jpg  
Old 08-08-2003, 01:56 PM
mrice
Banned

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
BTW, mrice, are you agreeing with the guy who said I have no life or are you agreeing with me about the hucksterism? I wasn't clear on this.
hucksterism Doc, Im not judging anybodys passion pursuit Re your post though, the CU report certainly seems scientific to me, weathering of the panels etc, and I believe they cover some polymer products also. I was schooled in science and I will always defer to quantifiable, measurable data over subjective opinions. Maybe Zano and the unnamed other product discussed in this thread should request CU to test their product to prove its superiority. Again, no flame intended
Old 08-08-2003, 05:52 PM
Buub

Originally posted by mcduck
Buub said...
I put 100 miles a day on mine, and even though I can get a decent shine out of CG when I am able to wash it, there is no way I can avoid the various nicks and scratches I get on my hood and front fender from road rocks and such.

I'm not going to say my car is completely free of nicks or chips, but this photo and the next were both taken 200 or so miles after cleaning and waxing (which is why the wheels aren't super shiny black). Only thing I did prior to photos was wipe the brake dust off the rims.

close up first...
I feel compelled to point out that 200 miles is Monday and Tuesday in my work week. :-) 500 miles a week, and that's if I don't drive my car much on the weekends. Most of those are highway miles, so I'm constantly getting rocks and crap pelting my car.

I drove that stretch of road for a year in my 8-year old beater Maxima, and only a small chip on the windshield. Within the first three months with my Z I get two huge chips and a crack in the windshield. The Z is a rock magnet for some reason... :-(
Old 08-09-2003, 04:26 PM
chazzg

Ok Let me start by Saying that I Do not know Wicked4u2c and I am not a Paid Spokesman (I should be though). We had a Z meet today here in the Dallas area, but it started raining around 9am and rained for most of the day Stopped around 4pm. well the meet was on the other side of town (60 miles round trip) and I have my new Wheels to show off. Anyway, I drove to the Meet (in the rain) and normally doing that would make the car VERY DIRTY. You know what you car looks like after Driving on City Highways for over 60 miles in the Rain (nasty). When I got back home I was in Shock. I have not washed the car or Dusted it or anything when I took these pics.
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-pict0014-small-.jpg  
Old 08-09-2003, 04:28 PM
chazzg

This is after driving in the rain for over 60 miles!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-pict0018-small-.jpg  
Old 08-09-2003, 04:30 PM
chazzg

My car Has NEVER looked this good After it has Rained
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-pict0022-small-.jpg  
Old 08-09-2003, 04:39 PM
chazzg

So how do the Zanio Cars look after a long Drive in the rain???
Old 08-09-2003, 04:43 PM
MSOsr

Yours is so shiny I can almost see Dakota in the reflection!
Old 08-09-2003, 04:56 PM
chazzg

Hey Michael, with your Ride, you shuold be able to get a Dakota or Candy of your very own
Old 08-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Originally posted by chazzg
My car Has NEVER looked this good After it has Rained
That's cause you never used Zaino

Seriously though Chazz, when I drove my Z down to Maryland two three days ago, I ran through a HEAVY thunderstorm. When it was over I continued to speed along and the water just ZIPPED right off of the car. When I stopped for some coffee it looked like it had never even rained.

Here is the pic of my car after about 300 miles of highway driving though first fog (6 AM), then semi-clear, then heavy rain, then clear again. It was taken at Altered Atmosphere in Maryland.
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-training-camp-trip-8-03-002.jpg  
Old 08-09-2003, 10:28 PM
chazzg

Ok cool, I just know how bad my car use to look, after driving it in the Rain
Old 08-10-2003, 11:45 AM
DmitryZ

I use Zaino per “Dr. Bonz Zaino experiment” and my car looks great after it rains.

I am surprised that no one really brought this up in this thread – all your pictures look really nice (my picture was taken after 1 coat of Zaino with 5000 miles on my Z) but my Z is a daily driver and to me it’s the protection that’s important.

Couple months (before Zaino) ago I noticed this tree sap like crap all over my car. It was impossible to get out - I tried everything. Finally, I had to clay my car (I took 3 hours just to clay) to get that crap out and I also did the whole Zaino deal. A month later, I parked in this nice shady spot at work and the same exact thing happened (I know where not to park now). I almost cried. So I got home, got my clay ready and started to wash my car, cursing at myself for being so dumb and parking under that damned tree. But guess what? After Zaino, that crap came out after just one wash with Z7. To make this short story long…My point is, all the nice pictures are great, there are lots of products that can make your car shine like its covered in glass, but having the ability to just wash away all the grime that normally would be a permanent addition to my cars finish – that’s the important stuff.

My .02

Dmitry
Old 08-10-2003, 11:49 AM
DmitryZ

after all this time I still have trouble posting pictures
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-my-car.jpg  
Old 08-10-2003, 12:32 PM
mgk65

I think that pictures lie! From pictures the car look great, but up close, it definately is dirty.

I haven't washed my car in 2 weeks because it has been raining here just about every day.

I drive my car every day to work, about 4 miles round trip and run errands here and there. While this is not a lot of miles, it has been a while since I washed.

I converted from CrystalGuard Quick to Zaino and find the car is cleaner and bug and bird stains are much easier to clean.

mgk
Attached Thumbnails MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!-z-08-10-03-nowashes.jpg  
Old 08-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Wicked4u2c

Ok, finally got a pic of the damn bottle.. To the guy who said "hucksterism". If that were true I think I would already have about $500.00 in my pocket from people Private messaging me and wanting a bottle really bad and even offering me quite a bit of cash. Chazz had successful results so why wouldn't I sell it? Well, I love this product to much and I am being greedy. Why? Well, it turns out since I talked to my friend today he wont be able to get any more bottles, so he only has a few 32oz bottles and a 5 gallon jug of this stuff so supply is extremelly limited. He was pretty sure he was going to be able to get more and thats why I decided to share with you guys. I went to a 350z meet this weekend with about 30+ Z's out there... I hadn't washed my car in about 1 week, go ahead and ask how many members came up to me and said.. "What the hell do you use on that car, did you drive here with a car cover on?" I had to drive from Los Angeles to San Diego which is about a good 2 hour drive and my was probably the most cleanest and shiniest car in the lot for being that I haven't washed it since 1 week and had a long drive with bugs flying everywhere..... So you have over 30+ witness of this and you are more and welcome to ask the Southern California chapter of this.. Now I have never used Zaino, and I did talk to someone who used it on their car which also looked very nice and felt extremelly smooth! I was very pleased with the results of Zaino also and told him if I can try it on my car sometime. He said no problem and to just drive up to Diego and he will let me try it for free. But Zaino seems to work great also. The bottle has no Name all it say's is this..

Fortified with Teflon, Polymer 1 Step, AUTO POLISH, Industrial Strength, Made for the Trade. (Not made for cosumers like I said before...)

Please stop private messaging me about this because I WILL NOT SELL since I won't be able to get a hold of anymore and I do plan on keeping the rest.. Chazz I gave you enough to last you a while so good luck and thanks again!
Old 08-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Well, at least now we KNOW it's BS.

As has been mentioned numerous times on this board, products with Teflon are bogus. Teflon in a car polish product is absolutely worthless. It does NOTHING for shine or protection and it is mentioned only as a method of duping the uninformed consumer. Most people have heard of Teflon and associate it with the stuff on your non-stick frying pan. Unfortunately, that isn't the stuff that is in this (or any) product for cars. Teflon needs to be applied under incredibly high temperatures and unless you are using an acetylene torch to set this product on your car, it isn't doing a thing to protect your paint.

I can rub baby oil all over my car and it'll shine like water but it'll attract dirt and dust and won't last or protect worth anything.

I'd stick to the tried and true here.

I'll defer the more technical explaination to Kevin O. who has more experience with this kind of thing but I felt I had to add that now.

Quick Reply: MOST Shiniest CAR EVER NO ZAINO OR CRYSTAL GUARD MUST READ!!