Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Gum in my cloth seats !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Enron Exec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gum in my cloth seats !!!

After getting my car back form the dealer, for an oil change, and changing to RedLine synthetic in the tranny and diff, I found out someone had accidentally left a wad of green gum in my passanger seat! It looks like they had tried to clean it up but it had already been squished into the fabric, dried, and hardened. I always try and keep my car super clean. It only has 6400 miles on it too. Im going to go back in tomorrow morning and have a calm collected talk with the service manager and maybe even the dealer manager.

What would you guys do if this had happened to you?
Old 07-30-2003, 06:01 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Gum in my cloth seats !!!

Originally posted by Enron Exec
After getting my car back form the dealer, for an oil change, and changing to RedLine synthetic in the tranny and diff, I found out someone had accidentally left a wad of green gum in my passanger seat! It looks like they had tried to clean it up but it had already been squished into the fabric, dried, and hardened. I always try and keep my car super clean. It only has 6400 miles on it too. Im going to go back in tomorrow morning and have a calm collected talk with the service manager and maybe even the dealer manager.

What would you guys do if this had happened to you?
What would I do? Just a calm talk and insist that they clean it. A pro cleaner should be able to get gum out no problem.

I might also rag on them a little for not admitting it when they gave it back.

Just don;t ask me what I would do if they refused to make it right!
Old 07-30-2003, 06:08 PM
SharpST77

ask them to give u a new damn seat...so simpo...

go raise some hell.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:05 PM
drew703

Default well...

I just had the oil changed in my Z at the dealership I got it from and their 27-point inspection...and even though this isn't as bad as the gum story, when I got back in my Z there were oil smears on the shifter, and door panel. Of course I didnt really notice it until after I had driven off the dealership, and no sooner than I noticed it, I had already begun getting out my assortment of cleaning materials out of the back of my Z. It was a little hard to get off at first, but I managed to make it look clean again.

Enron Exec - As for your situation, I would be freaking IRATE! I mean i guess like a little oil/liquid spills are semi understandable...but chewing gum??? Thats very unprofessional IMO. I would definitley go back and complain (with the calm and collected idea in mind..) but like the others have said...raise hell if something isnt done. I totally feel you about keeping the car super clean. Although I only have about 2,000 miles on her, I keep her immaculately clean. I wash the exterior/interior COMPLETELY every single week...I dont allow food/drink in her either. So to find gum on the seat...wow is all I can say as to describe how pissed I would be!

too far? eh maybe

But i freaking love my Z, and for $31G's i think I'm entitled to be a little obsessive

Goodluck though, and I hope everything turns out well.

-drew

'03 DB Performance
Old 07-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Silver Bullit II

Default Goo Gone

will get it out. Goo Gone can be found about anywhere.

JMS in TX
Old 07-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Buub

I know Peanut Butter gets gum out of hair (really!).

There's also a product called Goof Off that will get just about anything off of anything. You should be able to find it at any hardware store. It's a little bit stronger than Goo Gone.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:05 AM
LBSOHK

demand a new car !
Old 07-31-2003, 04:33 AM
350zroadster

Demand a 50% discount on dealer aftermarket leather, and have them installed for free.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:13 AM
Enron Exec

Hehehe, thanx for the responce all.

I talked to the service manager this morning and he was pretty upset. I had to first convince him that i wasnt the one that did this and at the same time sound calm yet upset. He said he will order a new seat cover and call me when it arrives.