Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Post up your detailing collection

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:54 PM
ZSpectrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
what compound/polish do you guys recommend? I have a pretty decent scratch on the trunk of the Miata I am going to try and take out.

I was thinking of doing this 3 step on that section

Poorboys SSR 3 with a purple pad
Poorboys SSR 2 with an orange pad
Chemical Guys FP Ultra fine with a white pad

recommend anything else? I already have the CG FP Ultra fine, but don't have anything for steps 1 and 2 yet.
poorboys polishs are good for begineers but nothing else. Try out menz sip and 106ff or fa I say fa. You can use an orange pad with sip no problem as well as with purple foamed wool. 106ff/ fa can be used with white or black no problem as well. i go sip on a green to 106fa on black for my rotary and that does me very well.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
I tried the SSR line. It was ok, nothing spectacular for me. But it works. Their sealant is good too.

Try Menzerna line. It's almost a bench mark for every detailer. Most pros use this on high end super cars as well. Not saying that that means it's good, but it's actually a good, user friendly product that have good results.

Menzerna Super intensive polish with an orange pad
Menzerna Po106fa with a white pad
Follow up on a glaze of your choice

If you want, next time i will order some little bottles and i will send you some samples of the menzerna line and you can use it on your trunk.
dude you need to check out the einzette pro line polishs they're better than the menzerna imo. Less dust same if not better cut and same if not better finish. they dont have a true final polish for jeweling but still baller products. Compared to sip/ 106fa. Ill still keep my ultrafina se and p085rd around. I used them on a 750li this weekend.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I dont use them too often. The dusting in just crazy with the menzerna stuff. I takes me longer cleaning up after each section than actual polishing.

On the other hand, it does do a decent job. I need to get some glazes also. The zaino stuff is pretty decent for monthly applications to bead water. I just dont have a huge budget for detailing supplies. Any links to the products you mentioned?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:06 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
dude you need to check out the einzette pro line polishs they're better than the menzerna imo. Less dust same if not better cut and same if not better finish. they dont have a true final polish for jeweling but still baller products. Compared to sip/ 106fa. Ill still keep my ultrafina se and p085rd around. I used them on a 750li this weekend.
I got try the Einzette line. Ultrafina is nice though.

Originally Posted by silverstripes
Yeah, I dont use them too often. The dusting in just crazy with the menzerna stuff. I takes me longer cleaning up after each section than actual polishing.

On the other hand, it does do a decent job. I need to get some glazes also. The zaino stuff is pretty decent for monthly applications to bead water. I just dont have a huge budget for detailing supplies. Any links to the products you mentioned?

After using the SIP than the IP, dusting isn't even bad at all to me. I barely get any dust. But when doing cars, i usually use three or 4 of the same color pads because if you just keep caking the same product ont he pad, it will dust eventually.

Detailedimage.com autogeek.net detailersdomain.com are all good sites
Old 09-30-2008, 08:24 PM
TheOtherRob

^ I have gotten nearly all of my products from autogeek, besides zaino and the normal autozone stuff. I made a thread titled : Detailing Products that exceeded your expectations

Please add anything there that you highly recommend. I would appreciate it. I know there is some good stuff out there that people dont hear about too often. It seems that only a certain few brands get all the attention.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
If you want, next time i will order some little bottles and i will send you some samples of the menzerna line and you can use it on your trunk.
That would be awesome. Thanks man, just let me know what I will owe you.

John
Old 10-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Kawaisou
Banned

hahahhahah wow you guys are hardcore! Stripper pole with detailing supplies. nice
Old 01-11-2009, 03:49 PM
SK350z

how do you guys wash your pads?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
JMT

Originally Posted by SK350z
how do you guys wash your pads?
Snappy Clean Pad Cleaner
Old 01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
That would be awesome. Thanks man, just let me know what I will owe you.

John
holy crap, sorry John, i forgot all about this. if you are reading this, send my your address again and i'll get it shipped out to you. sorry about that.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
singh

I have black magic wax, mother's back-to-black for the tires, and the classic Turtle Zip shampoo. That's it.

I need to get my front bumper repainted. It looks awful.

Last edited by singh; 01-12-2009 at 09:17 PM.