Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Detailing Products that exceeded your expectations

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

my secret weapon...

http://www.crystal-glo.com/usa/auto/
Old 02-05-2009, 06:26 PM
67ZNISMO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^interesting
Old 02-06-2009, 06:49 AM
jray8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing but Klasse SG and Collinite 476s go on my SuperBlack
Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickboy101
Another fly by night company.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Get_Zwole

the crystal glo bottles would suck bad. I hate finger sprayers i like the actual spray spray.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:13 AM
HOMiEZ

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

anyone has a foam gun? i'd like to know if it has exceeded anyone's expectations
Old 02-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Lento

Originally Posted by HOMiEZ
anyone has a foam gun? i'd like to know if it has exceeded anyone's expectations
^I had a similiar product that I used for some time. I found it to be ok and mentally good because I felt it loosened up the dirt a little more than just spraying water, but it is not necessary.

I ended up getting the soap filler jammed and haven't used it since, and have noticed no difference in the quality of my washes.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 AM
TheOtherRob

Well spraying the foam is suppose to loosen dirt and keep the surface soapy while washing to reduce swirls. And it knocks some time off your washes... I use a soap dispenser, and I love it. Saves me from using the two bucket method.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 AM
KT30

Autoglym Radiant Wax Polish,

Autoglym Super Intensive Carnauba Wax.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
TheOtherRob

Just got this in the mail today from the UK. And I am very impressed with this stuff.

I read many reviews about this great wax from members on many forums for its ability to fill in light swirls and leave a very slick and glossy surface.

Pros: Fills in light swirls, leaves a brilliant gloss, and leaves the surface very very smooth.

Cons: Not sure this even qualifies for a con, but the directions in order to use this product correctly may be a little overwhelming for some. But I found it very easy to use if you follow the directions.

Directions: Using the provided applicator, run cold water over it and ring it out. Make sure the surface is clean and in a cool shady area. DO NOT APPLY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT. With your damp applicator gently apply a small amount to the applicator to begin. For best filling results rub up and down on vertical panels and back and forth on top panels. And for general application, use a circular motion. I found good results to start with circular motions and then finish with the recommended up and down, forward and back motions. Removal is very important, leave the product sit for about 10 seconds or so then buff it off with a clean microfiber towel. DO NOT let this product sit on your paint while you wax the entire car. If you do, you will then know why I say this.

Overall: I would say this is probably the best wax that I have used. For those that want to keep a show car finish all the time without polishing, this is a great product. Ive read that durability is great, so we shall see about that. The gloss and depth is amazing. Makes black so reflective that it makes the car look like a mirror, reflection wise. I am not saying that polishing is a step to forget. But those of us with black cars that want to keep a show car finish in between polishing, this seems like a fantastic product.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:16 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

^^^ looks interesting as i have never heard of this product before.....and im all over the detailing forums.Where did you get it.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
TheOtherRob

I got it from Rubbish Boys. I read about it on autopia and had to give it a try. Then I did a google search on it and started reading some reviews and not one of them where negative. Try a search on youtube for the name, and look at the vid with the red car showing a 50/50 on the hood. Wow....
Old 02-09-2009, 05:26 PM
JMT

Stoner Invisible Glass

Old 02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Vader007

I have seen Auto-balm used on Detailed Bliss many times and have been meaning to try it myself, thanks for the review, I recently purchased the Gloss-it line of products and am anxious to use them as soon as the weather breaks.

Currently my favorites are Zaino Z8, Duragloss Aquawax 952, Adams detail spray, Opti-seal, and Wolfgang Fuzion! But my all time winner is Optimum no rinse.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:45 PM
TheOtherRob

Ive been wanting to try ONR, it has become very popular over the last year or so.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

p21s total auto wash
anything from 303 aerospace protectant
poorboys world car wash
Old 02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Ive been wanting to try ONR, it has become very popular over the last year or so.
I went and got DP 4in1 from Autogeek.com and it has worked great.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:06 PM
TheOtherRob

Just did some reading on that DP 4 in 1. Sounds just like ONR. What is your review on it?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Just did some reading on that DP 4 in 1. Sounds just like ONR. What is your review on it?
I have only used it as a rinseless wash and i love it.I was very uneasy about using it the first time as i had some road salt and the car was very dirty.I went to the local car wash and just used the high pressure wash to get most of the nasty stuff off.....and it was still real dirty.

I then said well lets try this.....and to my suprise it works great.The trick is put in a half ounce more then it says and dont rub it in just glide your wash mit across the surface one panel at a time.You will then need to dry that panel and using very light pressure for the first drying pass then you can get the rest of the panel dry with your second drying towel.

So far i have used it 3 times and get no streaks and it def is a gloss enhancer...i rec it.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ONR is pretty impressive, actually.

I use it between different polishes to clean away the dust mostly. But I have used it just as a wash on a dirty car (two bucket method, wash mitt, multiple soft MF towels to dry) and it worked like a charm. The more soiled areas did require a second rinse with ONR but got the job done and quick.

Also, it can be diluted and used as a QD spray.

Quick Reply: Detailing Products that exceeded your expectations