Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Professional Review (N2 Detail): Migliore

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Don @ Migliore
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Professional Review (N2 Detail): Migliore

Original Thread:

http://www.myg37.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2434249

Originally Posted by Blackjack
So I picked up a sample from Don weeks ago to give it a try. Had seen quite a few good reviews on this site and my research on the web showed complete satisfaction with the products.

Let me be the first to say I'm always very skeptical and hesitant about products that aren't sold mainstream and are sold by independent "distributors". I tend to stick to professional detailing products like the Menzerna line, Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, etc. Products like this a industry proven to provide excellent results.

Well... Migliore's has changed my perception of products like this. I'll always hold judgement and have more respect for the smaller exclusive guys until I have tried their products.

First Impression After Opening Migliore's Original (10 out of 10)
Pleasantly surprised. The wax is much different than your typical carnuba wax. I'm was so amazed at the percentage of wax and oils that appear to be packed into this product. Not to mention, that it smells great. A perfect citrus smell that is quite addicting.

Application on Migliore's Original (9 out of 10)
Prior to applying the Migliore's the car was of course cleaned and prepped for a sealant and wax. I started off using my Menzerna FMJ which I've always been pleased with. It provides excellent durability and in my opinion provides a nice base for a topping with a Carnuba wax. In the past, I've normally used Poorboys Natty's Blue on top of the Menzerna FMJ.

Application of the product was a breeze. When applying with a microfiber pad, it was very easy to get a smooth and consistent layer of Migliore's on the car. The product is very smooth as well. A nice thin layer is all you need with this stuff and due to all the oils, it makes it especially easy to do. The last thing you want to do when applying a wax is to apply too much or have an uneven application.

Removal of Migliore's Original (8 out of 10)
Removal of the Migliore’s was on par with other fine waxes I’ve used. For me, after a first pass of removal with a microfiber, I did not some oily residue left, however, with another pass with a clean microfiber the residue was easily removed. I did notice that if I let it dry a bit longer that it was easier to remove. I also pulled my G37 out into the driveway where it was a bit warmer and still not in direct sunlight and removal was significantly improved. I guess it’s something you gotta try with waxes. The wax did not produce any dust or flakes of excess wax. Very smooth removal.

Final Impression After Using Migliore’s Original (9 out of 10)
AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT! I’m very pleased with the Migliore’s Original. As mentioned above, application of the product was a breeze and removal was consistent with other fine waxes. The wax produced a nice dark and wet look to my G37. I’m very picky about waxes used on black cars… some fine waxes are overly shiny. I prefer a nice dark, deep, wet look, which was easily accomplished with the Migliore.

I will use Migliore’s again and would gladly recommend the product to others. It is consistent with other fine carnuba waxes and very competively priced. The guys at Migliores have a winner with this one for sure. I can’t wait to try the Primo Blend soon.