Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Se-ex clear bra install update

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 05:33 PM
ttheisen93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Se-ex clear bra install update

I recently posted a negative review of Secondary Exposure's clear bra install service, due to my experience with the company's install on my DB Z. In my opnion, however, we have as great or greater responsibility to report positive experiences as we do with the negative ones, especially when it concerns a small business owner's livelihood, and so this update:

Thomas very quickly replied via PM and very maturely asked what he could do to make the situation right. I will be having the install re-done, and I will post my comments afterwards. I'm happy that Thomas is responsive to his customers and the members of this forum, and I hope that I'll soon be reporting a situation made right.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:07 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

situations like this are inevitable, even for the best of us, what makes the difference are the people who stand behind their work and go out of their way to make a situation right. Let us know how it goes!
Old 08-26-2003, 07:12 PM
afr0puff

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have dealt with Thomas on numerous occasions and he has always done right by me. Even a master chef drops an egg once in a while. Hope everything gets taken care of.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:11 AM
havabooz

thomas is great...i cant imagine how it went wrong the first time

he did an amazing job on mine and im sure you will be happy in the end

as far as getting screwed by companies that usually do good work

it happened to me about 5 times in the first month of ownership

talk about bad luck

in the end it all worked out

but now i do al the work myself (that is if i can )
Old 08-27-2003, 06:46 AM
Car Crafters

I am sorry you had a bad experience. If I can ever be of service to you, please let me know. I don't like to spam forums with my business solicitations, but I welcome any questions that anyone might have no matter where in the country they live. I am happy to offer free advice, and if you need an installer I am available as an installer. Below is just a general advertisement bit I wrote of information about what you can expect to pay for a Clear Bra. Use it as a gauge for what other installers in your area of the world are charging. Good Luck!

There are several kits with various options that can be done on a 350Z. The most Basic is the "Standard Kit" for $171.00. The second is the "Deluxe kit" for $408.00. Then there are assorted "Optional Pieces that can be installed. The Full "Optional Pieces Kit" is $142.00. Please see the 2 links below.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=3244

Basically what you are looking to do is cover areas that would be most susceptible to stones, bugs, salt, and sand. Obviously it is in my best interest if you buy every option, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it. It's really total overkill. If you were to have the entire optional pieces kit installed it would cost $142.00.

The only other options that alot of people order is #8 Cab Top for $42.00 which protects the front portion of the roof, #10 Upper Mirror for $10.00, and #11 Lower Mirror for $11.00. If you click on the link below, you will see a diagram with all the prices for everything on your car.

http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/genkit.asp?kit=3244-1

Just to let you know about how I do business. First, and foremost I am an automotive enthusiast, so I am probably one of the most picky people you will ever meet. I do every car with the same precision that I would do my own vehicle. It is in my own best interest to do an exceptional job for you. I get the majority of my business from referrals from happy customers, in addition if I do not do a perfect job the first time, I will only have to come back to do it all over again.

If you let me know which kit you would like, and any optional pieces, I can give you a price for the install. Just as an example though if you were to do the Deluxe Kit with option #10 Upper Mirror, and Option #11 Lower Mirror the total cost including install would be $854.00. My work is not cheap, and you could probably find another installer who might do it for about 40-70 dollars less, but I can guarantee you will not find a better end result anywhere. The whole process takes me anywhere from about 4 to 7 hours depending on the car. A lot of other Installers whack out the job in 3 hours, but I want to make sure it is absolutely perfect, and I don’t mind taking the extra time to do the job right. I really enjoy what I do, and I derive tremendous satisfaction out of seeing my customers faces when the get their cars back after the installation.

Also, if your bumper is not a total mess, I can touch it up, and when I put the film over it, you will hardly if at all be able to see the chips or scratches.

Thanks,

Frank O'Grady
Car Crafters

Phone: 732-778-2895
E-Mail: carcrafters@comcast.net

]

Last edited by Car Crafters; 08-27-2003 at 07:06 AM.