Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Angelhair thin surface blemish's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 05:00 PM
wildone_106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angelhair thin surface blemish's?

I have almost angel hair "fine" lines on most of my , I been carefull about what I use to wash the car, I mean I always use a clean new sponge for cars, or fluffly wash mit. Or perhaps is when I dry it? I use cotton white car towels? Which ever its worrying me now that it'll dull the finish further. How can it be prevented from getting worse?

I wanna use something gentler for washing and drying.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:16 PM
s9am_me

try some microfiber towels for drying and wiping down. They're a bit more expensive but they last longer. Softer, no lint, less chances of scratching and washable/durable. Once you use them, you will never go back to cotton towels ever again.

www.pakshak.com has some good ones (free shipping). The waffle weave is for drying FYI.

Also, make sure you don't wash in the sun or when your car is warm to the touch. it softens the clear coat a bit and is easier to scratch.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:59 AM
Kevin Overall

Default Re: Angelhair thin surface blemish's?

Originally posted by wildone_106
I have almost angel hair "fine" lines on most of my , I been carefull about what I use to wash the car, I mean I always use a clean new sponge for cars, or fluffly wash mit. Or perhaps is when I dry it? I use cotton white car towels? Which ever its worrying me now that it'll dull the finish further. How can it be prevented from getting worse?

I wanna use something gentler for washing and drying.
Its the sponge, do not use a sponge to wash clear coat, there are no loops on the sponge and no nap, so any tiny road debris that you are trying to wash off will get trapped between the paint and the sponge and you will have scratching.

Also, if you are using a polyester man made wash mit, they are famous for causing dulling and micro scratching. I only use an all cotton wash mit which I stock for myself and for my customers.

Use either top quality Supima cotton towels or I also use and sell the www.dftowel.com which is an all natural fiber cellulose micro fiber towel.

I use The Absorber to dry with but you must make sure if you do use the absorber of your car washing skills due to the fact that the Absorber chamois has no nap, so the car must be perfectly clean to use it.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:23 AM
wildone_106

thanks VERY much for the info I'll change products immediatly, cheers!