Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

any thing better than zaino yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Forrest80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any thing better than zaino yet?

im kind of getting tired of useing "Z-2" I love every thing else in the zaino line but i HATE how the application of "Z-2" works.

I use to use it on my z wich was pikes peak, you could never tell where you was putting it on, it was invisible. So i allways figured if i had a darker car it would show up.

Now i use it on my altima coupe "azure blue" the stupid crap still does not show up.

Not only that, poor the crap into the tiny bottle, mix another blue crap with it, then the best part, trying to clean the f'ing bottle after words.

There any other synthetic polish (i dont want carnuba wax that will last a week and melt off in a day) thats not so annoying but will actauly shine and last as long? Alot of products claim alot of stuff on there website but im hoping i can get real info here.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Forrest80

any one use ICE over zaino?

"ICEŽ is a clear wax formulated with completely new technology that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and durability."

they are calling it a wax but is it really a wax?
Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Ultima paint guard plus....you can find on the autopia.org site.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Collinite if you want durability. Plus carnuba can last longer then a week, depends on your washing.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Forrest80

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Try Ultima paint guard plus....you can find on the autopia.org site.
heres why i wont buy that product.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

If the product was so good, why does it need to prove it self by bashing zaino? I have a real hard time believing any thing they say on that website after such a dirty tatic in my opinion. I dont see zaino having to actualy bash others, it just sells it product and thats it.

Not sure who makes ultima but it looks like autopia-carcare makes it and clearly promoting it with there super biased opinion.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by Forrest80
heres why i wont buy that product.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

If the product was so good, why does it need to prove it self by bashing zaino? I have a real hard time believing any thing they say on that website after such a dirty tatic in my opinion. I dont see zaino having to actualy bash others, it just sells it product and thats it.

Not sure who makes ultima but it looks like autopia-carcare makes it and clearly promoting it with there super biased opinion.
Some of the people are pretty biased over there but i bought the sampler package and all ill say is wow to the product.I have a ton of detailng supplies including my makita rotary and my flex polisher with menzerna products and i have tried a lot of stuff....but UPGP does really work.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
BlueBoxer

Personally, I think the combo of good polishes and a sealant or wax works as good, if not better than Zaino. Menzerna polishes followed up with FMJ, Jet Seal, or durable polish like Collinite Sapphire or Double Wax will look as good or better and is a much easier application. I had used Zaino for a year or so, but switched to the above products with P21S, 3M professional line, and Chemical Guys. I have no regrets.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

What works best is always a matter of debate and personal opinion. For sealants I've had outstanding results with the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. It's extremely durable and leaves a great shine. For polishes Menzerna makes some of the best cutting polishes that will really remove swirls, oxidation, etc. Look at the Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (medium) and Menzerna PO106FF (light). If you'd like to list out your specific goals of the detail I'd be happy to list some other options.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-26-2009, 08:35 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino is a great product, but its not a wax. Sounds like you want a sealant.

I can honestly say that I am impressed as hell with Auto Balm for a wax. For a sealer UPGP I hear is awesome, spray on and your done with great protection.

But in all honesty from what I have read and personal experience. Zaino has some of the best long lasting protection that I have seen. I did a full detail with z2,z5,cs when I first brought my car home and it was still beading like crazy after 5 months of just regular washes and quick spray downs of z6. There are many great products out there, read up on autopia.org and look at some reviews.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:47 PM
ATX350

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
What works best is always a matter of debate and personal opinion. For sealants I've had outstanding results with the Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. It's extremely durable and leaves a great shine. For polishes Menzerna makes some of the best cutting polishes that will really remove swirls, oxidation, etc. Look at the Menzerna Super Intensive Polish (medium) and Menzerna PO106FF (light). If you'd like to list out your specific goals of the detail I'd be happy to list some other options.

Greg @ Detailed Image
+1 for Menzerna IP. It did wonders for my 06 Magnetic Black
Old 02-26-2009, 09:30 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So many things are better than zaino. Zaino doesn't carry any real polishes. that should say enough.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Forrest80

my goal is simple to remove the z2 process from my car detailing.

I think z2 last long time and i love that it can be layered for a deep shine, but i hate that i cant see where its being

applyed, i hate keep putting another drop on the little cloth sponge, i hate cleaning the little bottle, i hate mixing the

little bottle.

The end result is i end up z6'ing and z8'ing alot more than i ever z2 becuase z2 i hate to say it is far more difficult than z6

or z8.

So what i want is something i can layer like z2 that lasts as long but hopefully from a spray bottle, and if i need to use a

sealant afterwords i am also okway with that, hopefully from another spray bottle.

I dont have alot of scratches or any imperfections that im looking to get rid of so, i am only looking to layer and add that

super mirror wet gloss look like the car is liquid.

So far im thinking just replace z2 with Ultima Paint Guard Plus and still use z6 and z8, i have a feeling z6 and z8 will bond

with any thing it touches and not souly z2
Old 02-27-2009, 11:01 AM
BlueBoxer

If you are looking for something out of a spray bottle with little work, Opti-Seal might be an option for some quick gloss and sealant action. Spray on and gently wipe it across the panel with a meguiars foam pad and just walk away.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by BlueBoxer
If you are looking for something out of a spray bottle with little work, Opti-Seal might be an option for some quick gloss and sealant action. Spray on and gently wipe it across the panel with a meguiars foam pad and just walk away.
Exactly what I was going to suggest. Its the most durable spray on product and it's super fast to use considering there is no removal process.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Forrest80

ok but what can i use to layer to get that depth and deepness?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by Forrest80
ok but what can i use to layer to get that depth and deepness?
With UPGP i did 1 coat the first day and it looked pretty darn good the next day.I did a 2nd coat and after it cured you could see the difference as it had a deeper color and had a better reflection.....but after the 3rd coat.....that was what sold me....imma gonna get you a pic and this is not fudged at all.
http://www.dev-inspirestudios.com/ph...0_igp4e-X2.jpg
Old 02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
BlueBoxer

Let the sealant cure for about 12 hrs and reapply, I typically put a second layer of Full Molecular Jacket using that method with great results, don't see why the Opti seal should be any different.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Don @ Migliore
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by superchargedg
With UPGP i did 1 coat the first day and it looked pretty darn good the next day.I did a 2nd coat and after it cured you could see the difference as it had a deeper color and had a better reflection.....but after the 3rd coat.....that was what sold me....imma gonna get you a pic and this is not fudged at all.
http://www.dev-inspirestudios.com/ph...0_igp4e-X2.jpg
That photo isn't post processed? It looks like the exposure is set very low with the contrast through the roof.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
drewk

Wow, Ive never heard of any of this stuff... seems like you guys have been doing your research. Dont mean to jack the thread... but I have an superblack and Im thinking of painting it a different color because its such a pain in the *** to keep clean. Any recommendations on keeping that shine? It seems to have lost it. I have the whole Zaino kit but havent used it yet.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Vader007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Gloss-it product line if you like Zaino, you'll love this!

Quick Reply: any thing better than zaino yet?