Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Porter Cable 7424 Question with Zaino.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 04:16 PM
chaknchngo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porter Cable 7424 Question with Zaino.

After I discovered Zaino, I've been applying it almost everytime I wash my car. I'm addicted to it, because it looks great when it's done. The part I hate about Zaino is taking it off, especially the doors. I don't mind putting Zaino on. I think it's very quick and takes me 30 min. tops. So the last time around I've decided to use my cheap Waxmaster that was sitting around to take off the wax. I was impressed of how much faster I was able to take off the wax, and also how stunning it looked in the end result.

So the question is, IF I'm only going to use the PC 7424 to take off the wax, is it worth? It concerns me b/c the PC it is only 6". If I'm only going to purchase it to take off the wax, what items do I have to buy? (ie. PC7424, 6" velcro pad, lambswool pad and the microfiber bonnet?) Do you actually get a better result with the PC if you apply it with the white foam pad?

I know a LOT of ppl think it's pretty easy to take Zaino off etc.... BUT I barely have time anymore to do anything, and if I can save an extra hour and some energy everytime I wash my car, it'd be great.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:18 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

IMO it's would be a waste of money to buy the PC just for removal. Hand application for Zaino is the best way so you follow the linear method on each panel. Stay with the Waxmaster for removal.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:55 AM
Kevin Overall

I have used Zaino since 1998 and always took it off by hand, I am not a fan of machine removal of waxes myself. The buffer beats my hands and arms up more than its worth to me....
Old 10-09-2003, 08:40 AM
Keven

Default I use a small, light DeWalt ....

I use a DeWalt random orbital that's very light and compact- with a microfiber bonnet, however, I also put small cotton rags between the bonnet and the car. I've done it with and without the small rags but defintely find it easier with as I can change out the rag often while removing the Zaino.

Still apply by hand but see a much improved shine when I remove by buffer. If interested, here so photos of test results I had between CrystalGuard and Zaino with the random orbital.

I get a much wetter shine with the buffer than I got with hand removal. That's just my personal results: mileage may vary with others.

Good luck!