Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

BIG LIPPED Work Wheel owners chime in...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
KTran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG LIPPED Work Wheel owners chime in...

I've been searching around, but a lot of talk is dealing with stock wheels or volks... so i decided to make a thread for work wheel owners.

i just got some Work Varrianza T1s and was wondering what do other work owners use to clean/protect their wheels.

cleaning:

seems like the never ending debate is soap/water vs. non acidic wheel spray cleaners and lastly vs. P21S Wheel Gel

protectant:
seems like its zaino vs wheelwax

a few days ago, i tried the eagle one all wheel cleaner and keep clean sprayer that suppose to help repel brake dust/dirt...

my procedure:

With the wheels cool, i sprayed water onto the wheels and then sprayed the wheel cleaner and immediately used a soaked rag to clean the wheels by hand, then sprayed everything off. blew off the water with a blower, then dried everything with a microfiber towel, and then applied the eagle one keep clean spray.

so far it seems to be working, wheels look great...but should i keep this cleaning/protectant procedure or should i change it?
any comments, concerns, or help please discuss here.

thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 02:10 PM
calin
Banned

Nice!! I'm glad someone brought up this topic. I got some Work VS-XX wheels a few months ago and was really scared about using any kind of chemicals on them since I didn't want to mess up the finish. I looked into the P21S wheel gel and it seemed safe for the finish. I applied the gel and let it sit for a while but it was a B1TCH to get the stuff off with water, it took me forever. It seemed to keep the wheels a lot cleaner than before for a few weeks, but then they just kept getting dirty again. After that I just used soap and water to clean my wheels and that was it. I'd also be interested in a product that would keep them clean longer and of course not mess up the finish on the wheels.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:10 PM
cliffrlp

I have XD9's and I have been wondering how to clean the lip ... so worried i'll ruin the bronze finish!! T1S's are a favorite of mine! Lookin' good
Old 11-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have big lips, i use soap and water to clean them and chap stick to protect them from wind burn.

Nice car
Old 11-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I have big lips, i use soap and water to clean them and chap stick to protect them from wind burn.

Nice car
I prefer Burt's Bees.

Last edited by Chris@FsP; 11-26-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^LOL

I was waiting for someone to post something similar.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:13 AM
J. Dub

I realize this is old... But when you all say soap and water... What kinda soap?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 AM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by J. Dub
I realize this is old... But when you all say soap and water... What kinda soap?
Any car wash soap. Don't use anything else besides car soap.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by J. Dub
If you want to use soap I'd suggest a pH neutral shampoo that is gentle. Most automotive shampoos fall in to this category so you should be fine. If you need any suggestions we have tons of great shampoos in our Washing & Drying if interested. Some of my favorite options would be the Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II, Poorboy's World Super Slick & Suds or the Dodo Juice Born to be Mild Shampoo would be a great choice.

Soap and water is good but you will get far better results that are totally safe with a pH neutral wheel cleaner like the P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner or Chemical Guys Diablo Gel Rim and Wheel Cleaner. You can use these on any wheels, it's strong and effective yet completely SAFE! If you want to save some money soap and water is not a bad way to go, but if you want performance and safety try one of these wheel cleaners or a similar product.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI