Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Review: Platinum leather cleaner + conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 09:59 PM
s9am_me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Platinum leather cleaner + conditioner

just got these in today. Been using Meguiars gold class leather cleaner/conditioner prior to this. the reason i'm trying the platinum stuff was because they were on sale and i was looking for a more non-greasy/oily conditioner.. mainly for the steering wheel and shift ****.

the cleaner gel is almost like water. kinda like melted jello. can't really call it a gel. when i think of gel, i think of gel for the hair. this is more liquidy. It smells really good and cleans pretty good. I wiped my steering wheel and shift **** with this stuff and saw some black dirt on my applicator. that never happened with the meguiars stuff. It dries up pretty quick after you apply it too, so it doesn't leave an oily or greasy feeling

The conditioner has a smell. I guess some people call it a real leather smell. To me its more like leather with some strong chemical agents mixed in. anyways, applied this stuff and it almost dried up as fast as the cleaner. I wiped it down with a cotton towel after about 3 mins and the leather was noticable softer and smoother. The leather looks more dry compared to the Meguiars. I guess thats good since there isn't any oily/greasy feeling. Perfect for my shift **** and steering wheel!!

both products worked pretty well for me. My seats and steering wheel feel noticably softer and smoother.... never really felt my leather this soft and smooth before. great stuff! easy to apply and dries quickly for that non-oily look and feeling. A BIG PLUS!! the only thing i didn't like was the strong smell from the conditioner. some ppl like, some don't... i'm one of those who don't. too strong for my taste. On the other hand, the meguiars conditioner has a really nice subtle smell. I might mix it up with a coat of meguiars conditioner next time so it doesn't smell as much

Leather Cleaner Gel | Leather Conditioner

Last edited by s9am_me; 10-28-2003 at 10:23 PM.