Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

how many micro fiber towels

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 06:24 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by stevehl
^^lol seriously. You might as well just leave the car alone and get it hand washed some place. What you are doing is just making swirls and scratching the clear coat. How in the world are you cleaning your entire car with a spray bottle? Wouldnt that take many many hours? Might as well just buy a big bucket and dump the car with water/soap if your not going to get a hose.
Might as well take it to a carwash and spray it there...
Old 07-27-2010 | 06:37 AM
vex008

Originally Posted by 350zRiot
...i put them in the laundry and run it. And i can smell the dirty sh**t so i had to run water and detergent again. But i don't think running brake dust in the laundry is a good thing to do...
Dont wash them with your underwear and it might avoid the sh*t (<- only one vowel/letter there) joking
Take them to a laundry mat, don't mess up your washer with that crap.

what do you mean by rinsing. ... The car gets pretty clean with the spray technique though.
Don't know if you are being serious with that question.
Usually the spray and wipe technique is done with a detailing spray after the car has been "properly" washed.
Try Youtube, there might be a instructional video on how to wash your car properly.

Since i live in an apartment, I don't think it's ok to use the hose to wash cars.
You'll be washing your car out in the parking lot so there should be no issue inside your apartment. Seriously though if anyone comes up to you about it just spray them with the hose and give them a psycho look. Pretty sure he/she will back off and mind their own business.
If it is a strata issue then take it to a self serve car wash, would be a couple bucks. No more than what you are spending on tossed out towels and laundry (electricity/water/detergent x2).
Old 07-27-2010 | 09:25 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

To clean your vehicle more effectively and to use less microfiber towels try washing with the Optimum (OPT) No Rinse Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR). We also have some package deals that you get you everything you need listed below:

DI Packages Basic Hose Free Wash Package with ONR
DI Packages Complete Hose Free Wash Package with ONR

This will help you conserve your microfiber towels a lot better. If you have any other questions please let me know.
Old 07-27-2010 | 10:15 AM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by vex008
Dont wash them with your underwear and it might avoid the sh*t (<- only one vowel/letter there) joking
Take them to a laundry mat, don't mess up your washer with that crap.

Don't know if you are being serious with that question.
Usually the spray and wipe technique is done with a detailing spray after the car has been "properly" washed.
Try Youtube, there might be a instructional video on how to wash your car properly.

You'll be washing your car out in the parking lot so there should be no issue inside your apartment. Seriously though if anyone comes up to you about it just spray them with the hose and give them a psycho look. Pretty sure he/she will back off and mind their own business.
If it is a strata issue then take it to a self serve car wash, would be a couple bucks. No more than what you are spending on tossed out towels and laundry (electricity/water/detergent x2).
No i don't put them in the laundromat with my underwear or anything else.
If i find the hose on craglist, i'll get it.
Old 07-27-2010 | 10:19 AM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by dave079
Basically you are rubbing dirt back into your cars paint. I cant imagine the swirls you must have, This has to be the worst way I have ever heard of washing a car. Might as well be using fine grit sand paper.
My car doesn't have swirl because i never used this technich when the car was dirty as hell. Neither did my mom's car. But my brother's car did have some swirls i don't think it was because of me though. My mom and i went to hand wash his car one day and she used a rag that doesn't seem like cotton lol.

So next time what i can do is, soak the car by spraying water with hose, drive for a while, and use my technique?
Old 07-27-2010 | 10:36 AM
Lee R

Just the visual image of you "washing" the whole car with a spray bottle and little towel is pure WIN!!!!

Congratulations!
Old 07-27-2010 | 10:48 AM
abo

funny we just detailed my cousin's gf's car. www.sarap-ng-hard.blogspot.com

we went through about 80+ microfibers that day. on a normal wash i go through about 20+. I make sure to throw away towels after they've been used too much on rims, wheels, engine bay. I wash and dry towels that i've used for body and interior. To avoid getting streaks I don't use fabric softner when drying.
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:00 AM
Detailed Image
Sponsor
Detailed Image

Originally Posted by abo
funny we just detailed my cousin's gf's car. www.sarap-ng-hard.blogspot.com

we went through about 80+ microfibers that day. on a normal wash i go through about 20+. I make sure to throw away towels after they've been used too much on rims, wheels, engine bay. I wash and dry towels that i've used for body and interior. To avoid getting streaks I don't use fabric softner when drying.
You don't have to use that many towels for a cleaning. Again i can't emphasize enough how popular and excellent the Optimum (OPT) No Rinse Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR) is for a hose free washing. It will save you plenty of time and microfiber towels.
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:04 AM
abo

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
You don't have to use that many towels for a cleaning. Again i can't emphasize enough how popular and excellent the Optimum (OPT) No Rinse Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR) is for a hose free washing. It will save you plenty of time and microfiber towels.
Well I have the microfibers already so might as well use it. I don't like to use the same towel for a diffrent chemical. Just a little ocd I suppose.
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:46 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic
Premier Member

If i find the hose on craglist, i'll get it.
Wal-Mart everyday low prices young jedi
Old 07-27-2010 | 11:54 AM
huyrua

My car doesn't have swirl because i never used this technich when the car was dirty as hell. Neither did my mom's car. But my brother's car did have some swirls i don't think it was because of me though. My mom and i went to hand wash his car one day and she used a rag that doesn't seem like cotton lol.

So next time what i can do is, soak the car by spraying water with hose, drive for a while, and use my technique?

Why would you want to drive your car after soaking it? OP , is this your first time living on your own and owning a car?
Old 07-27-2010 | 12:23 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by huyrua
[/B]

Why would you want to drive your car after soaking it? OP , is this your first time living on your own and owning a car?
like i said before ive been using this technique for about a yr. no problem. the reason i dont pay ppl wash my car is that im sure theyll make some scratches.
Old 07-27-2010 | 12:52 PM
huyrua

^^^Can you post up pics of your "detailed" work?^^^
Old 07-27-2010 | 12:56 PM
MarvinMartian

OP, I is confused. Walk with me through this . . .

-Your car is dirty.
-You are going to wash it, but you don't have access to a hose/constant running water.
-Instead, you approach the task with a spray bottle of soap/water solution, and microfiber towels.
-You accomplish your task of cleaning your Z by spraying the dirty body panels of your car with a soapy solution, then wiping the grime off the car.
-And you alternate back and forth -- spray, wipe. Spray, wipe.

Is this how it goes? Am I understanding your technique correctly?

And you're worried someone else is going to scratch your car?
Old 07-27-2010 | 12:57 PM
optimus350z

Use a blower if you have one then use a waffle weave towel to dry off the rest.
Old 07-27-2010 | 01:37 PM
JDMStanced

i will try to take the pic its low end digital camera. i always keep my car in my garage so i dont wait untill the car get hell dirty. i wash it whn theres afew bird crap .
Old 07-27-2010 | 02:01 PM
huyrua

You live at an apartment with a garage, you're allow to change your oil but not wash your car. I'm confuse
Old 07-27-2010 | 03:15 PM
zprincess

Once a towel is used it never touches the paint again. It can be used on rims, the inside fender wells, underneath the car, the tailpipe, windows too. Never ever on the paint again. If you want to use less towels, take the nozzle off the hose and rinse the car off. The water will not bead and will run off the car.
Old 07-27-2010 | 03:39 PM
JDMStanced

The thread is kinda going to wrong direction. I made the thread because i wanted to know how many towels YOU use. Oh Well, here are the pics. I polished the hood and the fender. http://www.flickr.com/photos/46474393@N08/4835546479/

Quick Reply: how many micro fiber towels