Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Applying Z-5 or Z-2 without Z-1 first?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003 | 05:55 PM
Sponge

Default Applying Z-5 or Z-2 without Z-1 first?

DAMN,

I just received my Zaino Bros' Total Protection Show Car Kit and read throught the instructions. It states that Z-1 must be used before all waxes to lock the wax to the car. The kit I ordered somehow doesn't include Z-1.

What do I do?
Order the Z-1 and wait for it to arrive before starting the Zaino regime

or

just go ahead and start with the Z-5, Z-2, Z-6, Z-2, Z-6 etc...

I really wanted to do this this weekend and am a little upset. How can they sell the only kit Zaino offers WITHOUT the one product you must have?

Any help is appreciated.

Sponge
Old 12-12-2003 | 06:26 PM
Tigerstylez

Does it mention ZFX anywhere in the instructions....I bet it does. Correct me if I'm wrong Dr. Bonz but ZFX replaced the Z-1. The ZFX should be in your package.....
Old 12-12-2003 | 09:59 PM
Sponge

Cool!

Thought I was freakin out for a minute.

Yeah ZFX is in there so it's Zaino day tomorrow
Old 12-12-2003 | 10:37 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

yup the ZFX replaces it; Z1 is if you chose not to use ZFX; its a tad cheaper that way.
Old 12-12-2003 | 10:45 PM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by Sponge
Cool!

Thought I was freakin out for a minute.

Yeah ZFX is in there so it's Zaino day tomorrow
Are you going to "Clay"? If yes, your schedule will look something like this: Dawn wash, Clay, Z7 wash, Z6 applied and buffed, Z5 w/ZFX applied, allowed to dry and buffed, Z6 applied and buffed, Z5 w/ZFX applied, allowed to dry and buffed, Z6 applied and buffed and finally Z2 w/ZFX applied, allowed to dry and buff. NOTE: The mixing bottles are 2 ounce. Put 1 ounce in the mixing bottle w/3-4 drops of ZFX.

It is going to be a long day even if you do not do the "Clay". I would suggest the 2 applications of Z5 w/ZFX. Assuming you have a garage, apply the Z2 w/ZFX late afternoon or early evening and allow to dry overnight. It will come off just as easy the next day. Then apply Z6, buff and then take it for a drive and enjoy the looks!
Old 12-13-2003 | 09:01 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

Z-1 is "old school" Zaino. ZFX is the way to go now.

I agree on the formula posted by Ron above. The only difference is with the last layer of Z-5 or Z-2 you apply. I do that last layer without the ZFX and apply it at night and let it sit in the garage overnight. It has to sit at least 10-12 hours depending on the temp and humidity but it comes off really easily the next day and looks great.
Old 12-13-2003 | 10:22 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Z-1 is "old school" Zaino. ZFX is the way to go now.

I agree on the formula posted by Ron above. The only difference is with the last layer of Z-5 or Z-2 you apply. I do that last layer without the ZFX and apply it at night and let it sit in the garage overnight. It has to sit at least 10-12 hours depending on the temp and humidity but it comes off really easily the next day and looks great.
Thanks for the agreement on the "formula" Doc. One of these days going to have to update my photo. The 41 applications look much better than those taken while I was still in the single digits. I will agree with you, Z2 after sitting 10-12 hours before removing looks awesome! Have done it both ways w/wo ZFX. I guess if you are going to let it sit that long, might as well save the ZFX.
Old 12-13-2003 | 08:35 PM
Sponge

Thanks guy, much appreciated. I ended up doing something very close to what the both of you suggested. So the car is sitting in the garage with the first coat of Z2 w/o the ZFX on it. My wife is gonna kill me though. I keep getting up and going into the garage to remove just a little to get a peek at glow below the haze.

Am I a Zaino groupie now? I should think so
Old 12-14-2003 | 05:27 AM
SungNamZ

Originally posted by Sponge
Thanks guy, much appreciated. I ended up doing something very close to what the both of you suggested. So the car is sitting in the garage with the first coat of Z2 w/o the ZFX on it. My wife is gonna kill me though. I keep getting up and going into the garage to remove just a little to get a peek at glow below the haze.

Am I a Zaino groupie now? I should think so
You are going to like the results as a result of leaving it over night. Yes, you are entering Zaino "groupie" zone.