Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Waxing the Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 09:25 AM
TD30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Waxing the Clear Bra

I want to polish/wax the Z, but I have a new clear bra that has a few small water spots or bubbles under the film. I was told that these would go away in a few weeks. Does anyone know if it would be ok to wax, or will the wax just seal the moisture bubbles in? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:57 PM
iggman

I had a Clear Bra installed last weekend. I specifically asked the installers how long I should wait before washing and waxing my car. They said to wait 2 days.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:18 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

The bubbles will go away in about 5-7 days. If not, tak eit back, and they will get rid of them for you. All they are are pockets of air.

I would wait until the bubbles go away before you wax.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:48 PM
sam888

Wait another day or so before you apply wax. It's just a precautionary measure recommended by the film's manufacturer. As for the bubbles, wait another 2 wks and see if they disappeare. A lot of times, these trapped air/water pockets will remain trapped depending on the amount of air/water trapped.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:30 PM
sam888

Wait another day or so before you apply wax. It's just a precautionary measure recommended by the film's manufacturer. As for the bubbles, wait another 2 wks and see if they disappeare. A lot of times, these trapped air/water pockets will remain trapped depending on the amount of air/water trapped.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:34 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Water pockets usualy evaporate within a week or two, even if you wax over them, they will typically go away faster on the hood since it heats up alot more than the bumper, but they will all go away. We usually recommend not washing or waxing the car for the first couple days to give some time to let the edges dry out before you start moving anything over them. But definitly wax the film as often as you wax the car. The film works by being energy absorbent to stop the scratches and rock hits, but this also means that a small scuff or scrape that would normally be easy to buff out of the paint may be very difficult to get out of the film, keeping it waxed protects the film against the small stuf while the film protects the paint against the big stuff

If you do get a scuff or scrape in the film, a VERY light polish may be used, anything labeled as a "swirl and haze" remover is about as heavy as you want to go. If anyone has any other questions about paint protection film feel free to drop us a line!
Jeremy
invisiguard@sbcglobal.net
Old 01-20-2004, 08:25 AM
fanatic6711

Jeremy, I still have a few bubbles under the film on my hood that was put on in July... if possible I would like to take them out myself as it's hard for me to leave my car with this guy again. Any treatment recommended?
Old 01-20-2004, 09:43 AM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know anyone that uses insulin?

Thisis what we use. We just bend the needle a bit so we can sort of "fish hook" it into the bubble without touching the paint. This works alot better than trying to ***** it with a needlw and trying to push the air out with you finger.
Attached Thumbnails Waxing the Clear Bra-needle.jpg