Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

What to Use to Shine your Tire's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Type R Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both Black Magic and Meguiars are excellent choices and don't cost all that much.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Black350Z

Hey everyone,
I have used several different products in the past and the one that I actually like the most and has gave me the best look is No Touch Wet'N'Protect. Its a clear liguid not the foam. You can get it at Pep Boys and its cheap. Now there is one product that I love but can't seem to find it right now. Its a product that I know a lot of car dealerships around my area use and its called Ardex. Its a purple liguid that comes in a spray bottle and you can either spray it on and leave it or rub it in. Either or. But the shine on it is absolutely amazing. So if anyone in the Philly area knows where I can get some Ardex, let me know. If not, its cool I still like the No Touch Wet'N'Protect. But I think when I will order my Zaino kit I will get their tire protectant as well. Doesn't hurt to try something new.

And here is a pic with the No Touch Wet'N'Protect on my car.
Attached Thumbnails What to Use to Shine your Tire's-fine-ass-z.jpg  
Old 04-01-2004, 10:31 AM
flukechance

I've been using Performance 2000 for years on all my vehicles. Is that bad? I haven't really noticed any less results, and it's really quick with a rag.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Starman

Angry Meguiars Endurance Flings Everywhere!

I tried Mequiars Endurance Gel, and NOT too happy with the results! Sure, it's shiny and lasts a few weeks, but it also flings black marks all over the wheel well and side of car. Even when I wipe the excess off, it still flings.

I'll give that Black Magic a shot, but I don't think I'll use the Mequiars Endurance again.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:06 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black magic does the same thing if you use too much. A 2-3 inch line of it will do the entire tire. Make sure you use a sponge or a rag to rub it on really well. I use Zaino applicator pads to apply BM on my tires and it works pretty well (I get them free with my Zaino orders, but dont use them cuz I only apply polish with DF microfiber towels )

Good luck! Those black marks are a pain.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:46 PM
JerZe23

Originally posted by 350Chas
Bluemagic makes a great spray on called JET WET. Best stuff i have used. controled spray so its not all over your car, and it lasts for a LONG time!
I will agree with this one... been thru a few rainstorms and still shining!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:07 PM
ISH

Vinylex!

I've tried Zaino, 303, Black Magic, Meguiars NXTand have not been satisfied with the way the tires look after a few days. Vinylex gives the tires a nice clean and glossy look that last long and doesn't drip like silicone. Yes, the silicone based stuff looks shinier but it picks up too much dirt and looks nasty after a good rainfall.