Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Warning: Meguiars NXT Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 06:45 PM
mrZeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning: Meguiars NXT Protectant

FYI: very high gloss stuff...if you like a matte finish, you will not like (I did try and "knockdown" the gloss by going over witha dry terry towel, helped a little)..but it smells great!!! well ok I only tried it on my 95 cherokee so far...so a real test is due..I also imagine it will leave the Z door panels a mess like every other protectant..I'll letcha know how it works on the rest of the interior..but again it does have a great smell!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Ricky
Banned

Um..
Old 04-04-2004, 10:21 PM
mofoz

i understand completely
Old 04-05-2004, 01:00 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Warning: Meguiars NXT Protectant

Originally posted by mrZeee
FYI: very high gloss stuff...if you like a matte finish, you will not like (I did try and "knockdown" the gloss by going over witha dry terry towel, helped a little)..but it smells great!!! well ok I only tried it on my 95 cherokee so far...so a real test is due..I also imagine it will leave the Z door panels a mess like every other protectant..I'll letcha know how it works on the rest of the interior..but again it does have a great smell!
I got a bottle of this too. Probably will not touch it on my interior after I saw what it did to one of my buddies pieces of old plastic trim on his car. His trim was faded almost grey but we applied the NXT and that thing glossed up like no other. It stayed black and gloss for a very long time. Some great stuff to shine but not for the interior!
Old 04-05-2004, 03:51 PM
zupernoc

Default Re: Warning: Meguiars NXT Protectant

Originally posted by mrZeee

Totally agree. Ahh, the smell of detailing, and video games or electronics just as you unwrap them...

I tried it on the doors, which was a definate no-no. Their Dash&Trim foam however is pretty cool for the doors....
Old 04-06-2004, 07:55 AM
mrZeee

OK...tried it on my Z..on everything (dash, center console, etc) but the door panels (not worth the aggrevation)...wiped on and "buffed" with a clean dry terry cloth.....not a matte finish but after a day lost alot of the greasy look (my jeep's interior looks better next day as well, still shiny, but I think the plastic is glossier to begin with)...I will recall my original warning...try on the tires next...I hate greasy lookin tires so we'll see..
Old 04-07-2004, 09:12 PM
mrZeee

well it ain't Zaino...but I'm pretty happy with the results so far...interior looks good (just a hint of shine) - tires looked freshly oiled at first but dried to a nice finish...again a hint of gloss (ya know the looks like they been cleaned but not I've just emptied out my bottle of armour all look)...I still don't think I'm gonna use it on the door panels (if I do I'll keep ya posted)...but again its not Zaino...