Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:10 PM
johanna1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car

This is my first time waxing a car. Used NXT on it, let it sit for 45 min, and then took it off. One side I put two much and it was hard to get off, but learned on the other side just to wipe it on. Meguiars told me NEVER too go in a circler pattern. I just wiped it up and down. I think I took it off the right way. Waited till it dryed and wiped off. Did'nt have alot of towels so I had too use mircofibers to take it off (Meguiars Ultimate Towel Also). Just got some 100% Terry Towels but they look thin, and when wash get real loose looking, have to take picture and post. Well thats it, if anyone has anything to suggest please feel free to post.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:20 PM
johanna1

Default Re: NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car

Sorry
Old 05-06-2004, 12:30 PM
bixby

Go to www.zainostore.com At minimum buy their starter kit. You'll also want to look at the application & tip & tricks section.

When you get your Zaino, was your car with dawn & start over. Your application process was correct. Apply front to back on hood, top & hatch and top to bottom on doors & fenders. Zaino goes on very thin (about 1 oz or less per coat for entire car).

On the towels, If you have a Target in your area you can get some pretty high quality 100% cotton (made in USA only) towels for about $6.00 each. When washing the towels do not use fabric softeners or dryer sheets and make sure you remove all tags.

Go to detailing section of this forum for some really good info on Zaino.
Attached Thumbnails NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car-morezaino2.jpg  
Old 05-06-2004, 11:23 PM
n8vz

prior to getting my CS Track a year ago, i used only carnauba wax. But I have since switched to polymer wax(easier to apply) My "wax" of choice is BlackFire. However, i have tried NXT and I have to admit, at $12 a bottle, it performs almost as well as my $25 Blackfire.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:55 AM
ttsupra94

It says on the NXT bottle to only leave it on for like 20 minutes. I ended up waxing about 1/2 to 3/4( took about 20 minutes) of the car and then I went back to where i started and buffed some of it out, then finished waxing the car, then buffed some more out, then waited and buffed out the rest. I think zaino can be left on longer from what i read. But i thought the NXT was incredible. About to wash and wax it again today, as soon as i take MY LAST COLLEGE EXAM EVER!!
Old 05-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino is amazing, try it.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:16 PM
johanna1

Trying to post my pictures but it won't work? The are jpeg files from my digtal camera. I went to browse and found them but they won't show up. How do you put pictures up, and how do you put multiple pictures up? Also from looking at cars with ZAINO and looking at cars with NXT, they both look the same. Same feel and same look. Also I got my towels from Target, it was a pack of 25 for 10 bucks.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:51 AM
johanna1

Attached Thumbnails NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car-cnv0007.jpg  
Old 05-13-2004, 07:02 AM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

Originally posted by Reggi914
Zaino is amazing, try it.
Zaino is overhyped overpriced crap. I've got 3 cars (actually 7, but 3 worth mentioning), my uncle has 4 classics/muscle cars, and my other uncle has 3 50s/60s cars and we've been trying zaino on 2 cars for about 4 years. One one of the zaino cars it was painted at the exact time with the same batch as the another vehicle, parks next to it, and goes to all the same events, and the zaino car paint is noticably worse then the other. We've had 'zaino experts' look at it and they all agree the application on the car is perfect and most believe the finish to be fine, until we they see the same paint batch on the other car...

The only reason we continue to use zaino is to finish off our 'stockpile' and to continue testing. LOL at Zaino users...
Old 05-13-2004, 07:40 AM
SilverstoneZ

Mine all Meguiars Products
White Claybar
# 80 Speed Glaze
NXT Tech Wax
Speed Glaze and NXT applied by PC
Old 05-13-2004, 07:42 AM
SilverstoneZ

More pics of my car when I was detailing it.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=74215
Old 05-14-2004, 03:30 AM
johanna1

The thing that is funny is that I only put one layer of NXT on it and it looks just as good as someone who probly put a couple of coats of zaino on theres. Also there is my first time so not bad for a first time.
Attached Thumbnails NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car-cnv0008.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 07:15 AM
bixby

Originally posted by johanna1
The thing that is funny is that I only put one layer of NXT on it and it looks just as good as someone who probly put a couple of coats of zaino on theres. Also there is my first time so not bad for a first time.
I seriously doubt it. It does look good. I've been a car fanatic for many many years. I've tried all of the products mentioned here and Zaino is absolutely, hands down the best I've ever used. To each there own I guess.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:35 AM
ranger5oh

Whoa.. to the first post. I usually dont leave the wax on for 45 minutes. I do about 25-50% of the car, remove the wax, then do the other 50% and remove. Leaving the wax on too long can make it difficult to get off. Especially if it is hot out, just wax in small secions and remove as it dries.

Also, best towels are 100% cotton bath towels. Dont buy those cheap ones from Autozone. Most of those have polyester in them(even if they say 100% cotton) and can scratch your clearcoat. Go spend $10 on a high quality all American bath towel.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:57 AM
bixby

A close up Zaino Pic.
Attached Thumbnails NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car-350z051304-4.jpg  
Old 05-14-2004, 08:46 AM
SilverstoneZ

Originally posted by ranger5oh
Whoa.. to the first post. I usually dont leave the wax on for 45 minutes. I do about 25-50% of the car, remove the wax, then do the other 50% and remove. Leaving the wax on too long can make it difficult to get off. Especially if it is hot out, just wax in small secions and remove as it dries.

Also, best towels are 100% cotton bath towels. Dont buy those cheap ones from Autozone. Most of those have polyester in them(even if they say 100% cotton) and can scratch your clearcoat. Go spend $10 on a high quality all American bath towel.
Microfiber towels are the way to go
Old 05-14-2004, 09:36 AM
bixby

Originally posted by SilverstoneZ
Microfiber towels are the way to go
I use those for drying the car but I've never tried them for wax removal. I have about a dozen large 100% made in USA cotton towels I use for wax removal. I usually use 2 per coat.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:02 PM
johanna1

The wax came off easy for leaving on so long. I told you it was my first time. Only one coat and it looked great. Meguiars said to do the whole car, then take the wax off, it even has it written on the back of the bottle. When I had my Civic waxed before, the guy used Zymbol on it, I liked it alot but they all look like they do almost the same to me. Hey even if it does do shiner wax's, Meguiars protects better then most wax's. The towels I have I got from Target. They are 100% Terry, even says it on the tag. If there was any other stuff in them I doubt they would put 100% Terry on tag and have to face a law suit.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:04 PM
johanna1

Originally posted by bixby
A close up Zaino Pic.
Nice work with the Zaino
Old 05-16-2004, 05:42 PM
bhobson333

Hi, My name is Brian and I'm a Zaino-holic.

NXT is a polymer like Zaino & I think Blackfire has one too. The polymers are all very similar, they're much more durable than wax, they share the easy-on easy-off feature, and the results you get from them are similar. (They all smell good, too from what I hear!)

I'm sure there are minor differences between them, but arguing which one is best is almost pointless. Whichever one you try first you'll probably like just fine.

You can maybe (maybe) get a better, to some eyes more pleasing look from a top-quality wax, but waxes have a lot of downsides. They're generally much more difficult to apply, they have a nasty tendency to leave white stains on black rubber, they tend to discolor with age requiring stripping and starting over to maintain true color, and they will melt off your car in the summer sun.

As long as you're using a polymer, you're on the right track. If you're still using wax, you should give yourself a break and try one of the polymers.

my $0.02

Quick Reply: NXT Waxed 350Z, Also First Time Ever Waxing A Car