Notices
Cleaning & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Anyone use Zymol?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 03:38 PM
max2000jp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Zymol?

It seems like a lot of folks on here use Zaino products, but has anyone done a comparison against Zymol? I am not talking about the Walmart Zymol Cleaner Wax, but HD Cleanse and Japon/Carbon/etc Wax. I have been using it for a few years now and have been happy with the results. I have been tempted to try Zaino, but it seems like it takes lots of time. With Zymol I get a great finish in about 2 hours including the wash. What advantages does Zaino have over Zymol??
Old 10-20-2002, 03:57 PM
MSOsr

I used the $64 Z-3 Zymol on my 2000 BMW 328i. It did well, but I've never seen anything shine like Zaino. My son has a 2002 RSX, black, that looks amazing with Z-2 and Z-6 on it.
Old 10-20-2002, 04:12 PM
Brad4rdHay

Thumbs down

Biggest damn scam in th industry. Ask any pro, or life long enthusiast who knows their stuff. Sorry to say, but its true.
Old 10-20-2002, 04:15 PM
max2000jp

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
Biggest damn scam in th industry. Ask any pro, or life long enthusiast who knows their stuff. Sorry to say, but its true.
Zymol is a scam?? I have talked to professional detailers and am an enthusiast and never heard anything of the sort. Do you have any proof, otherwise dont make that kind of statement.
Old 10-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MSOsr
I used the $64 Z-3 Zymol on my 2000 BMW 328i. It did well, but I've never seen anything shine like Zaino. My son has a 2002 RSX, black, that looks amazing with Z-2 and Z-6 on it.
Michael,
Did you get your Z yet? How is Nissan compensating you for the hassle?
-Jill
Old 10-20-2002, 05:27 PM
ZZtopp

I have used Zymol Carbon and Concours waxes, and I've had no problem with them. They made my black 2002 Z06 look a lot better than Zaino did, with a lot less effort. I just tried Pinnacle, and it seems as good as Zymol for less money.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:34 PM
Brad4rdHay

I've used one of their waxes, and countless other waxes with hundreds of hours of experience, and franky, regaurdless of price, its not that good. A $15.00 can of S100 wax will look much better, not to mention apply and remove MUCH easier. They make all of this hocus pocus about natural ingrediants, and special rare animal oils. Look, auto paint isnt mink's hide, it synthetic. Also, Zymol flat out lies about their products, you NEED a distilate of some sort if your dealing with carnauba wax, they say to the public they don't have any of theese "harmfull" petrolium distilated in their wax, but in their PMDS, which they have to have by law provide by request, one of the ingredients in ALL of their waxes is a petrolium distilate...all that BS about using special oils from trees and such to soften the wax is just that...BS.

They sell waxes tailored to indiviual cars....(youl notice mostly for expesnsive cars), NSX for instance. I can tell you that honda uses the same paint on the NSX as they do on the Prelude. Sure, the NSX being a exotic car gets more careful treatment to prevent such things as orange peel, but the chemical makeup of the paint is the same. In fact, there are just a few major paint supliers in the world, much like the 3M films. Finnaly, they are overpriced. Im sory, $1000 for wax (!), ok its refillable for life, and comes in a glass jar. I dont know about you guys but Id rather have all of my money going into the product, not special jars or lifetime warenties.

If you want a high end wax, and dont mind waxing often, look at Pinnacle Souveran. Its the best loking, smelling, wax you can buy, and its ease of aplication is great. Of course its very exensice too, but at least your getting a great product.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:24 PM
max2000jp

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
I've used one of their waxes, and countless other waxes with hundreds of hours of experience, and franky, regaurdless of price, its not that good. A $15.00 can of S100 wax will look much better, not to mention apply and remove MUCH easier. They make all of this hocus pocus about natural ingrediants, and special rare animal oils. Look, auto paint isnt mink's hide, it synthetic. Also, Zymol flat out lies about their products, you NEED a distilate of some sort if your dealing with carnauba wax, they say to the public they don't have any of theese "harmfull" petrolium distilated in their wax, but in their PMDS, which they have to have by law provide by request, one of the ingredients in ALL of their waxes is a petrolium distilate...all that BS about using special oils from trees and such to soften the wax is just that...BS.

They sell waxes tailored to indiviual cars....(youl notice mostly for expesnsive cars), NSX for instance. I can tell you that honda uses the same paint on the NSX as they do on the Prelude. Sure, the NSX being a exotic car gets more careful treatment to prevent such things as orange peel, but the chemical makeup of the paint is the same. In fact, there are just a few major paint supliers in the world, much like the 3M films. Finnaly, they are overpriced. Im sory, $1000 for wax (!), ok its refillable for life, and comes in a glass jar. I dont know about you guys but Id rather have all of my money going into the product, not special jars or lifetime warenties.

If you want a high end wax, and dont mind waxing often, look at Pinnacle Souveran. Its the best loking, smelling, wax you can buy, and its ease of aplication is great. Of course its very exensice too, but at least your getting a great product.
I have never heard of this before from any professional detailer or any review on the internet. If Zymol was BS I would have heard about it. I have used many different waxes and Zymol is top notch. Out of all the waxes I have used, Zymol is probably the finest. I havent tried Zaino yet, though. It has always been rated one of the best waxes on the market and is used by many in Conoours events. I paid something like 40 bucks for the Carbon Wax and it is easy to remove.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:39 PM
alex30327

Zymol is a great wax! Probably better than this Zaino stuff.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:34 PM
sands

The guys at this website did a test between Zaino and Zymol, http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html.

If you want more opinions do a search for zymol on the www.autopia.com, which is a good detailing site.

From what I have read Zymol seems to be the Bose of waxes.