Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that list is to show what drivers skill vs builders/tuners can do....

i agree with everyone else, own car driven by the owner...
Old 08-22-2007, 03:29 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i also vote for this...

a complete list of ALL categories in one list, say top 50 or 100, maybe even a new whole thread for all in order. there will be a lot of single turbo cars out here soon that will be putting up fast times , faster than the TT column so it will be cool to have everyone in one list some place.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:58 AM
silver nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
that list is to show what drivers skill vs builders/tuners can do....

i agree with everyone else, own car driven by the owner...
drivers skill vs builders/tuners can do well that was my builder and tuner i still dont see ur point... I only posted it for u guys to know I'm not getting anything in return. I have all the fame that i want where I live and the list wont do me a thing... it was just as i said to show what a build engin on a track modle with DR tires and MT on 14.7 psi can do, delivered my mess. and i care less about anything eles
Old 08-22-2007, 04:41 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by silver nismo
As u wish guys but the way i look at it is that i was showing u what kind of cars and what moods gets such a #.. isn't this the reason we mention all the spects of the car and what moods on it... what ever u feel fair to do it..
Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )
By the way thats the title of the thread and i see it saying top 25 1/4 mile times, and it doesnt say unless u r not driving...
I promote legal drag racing, and often encourage members to practice and do better. So my enthusiasm is always member centered. Its the members that make this forum worthwhile. That cars are secondary.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:07 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by davidv
I promote legal drag racing, and often encourage members to practice and do better. So my enthusiasm is always member centered. Its the members that make this forum worthwhile. That cars are secondary.
And if I have a car and I'm not that good in drag i will never know or be able to let u know what such a set up is capable of unless some 1 good in drag racing drives it... Again it seams that u r all missing the point that i'm not getting or tryin to get anything out of it... it seams that i was wrong thinking that 350z owners will be proud know that the car is capable of that on such boost and stock suspention and single plate cluch.... and thats y i posted it so any 1 who has a supra friend or other car can say look 350z can do so without nitros and without a TH400 any other gear but manual... but any way consider it ever happen and u can have the list and if i was wanted to fight for me staying on that list blieve me i can but i wont cause it was posted for a reason and that reason is done.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 AM
silver nismo

I rest my case
Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Zridder19

i also vote for this...

a complete list of ALL categories in one list, say top 50 or 100, maybe even a new whole thread for all in order. there will be a lot of single turbo cars out here soon that will be putting up fast times , faster than the TT column so it will be cool to have everyone in one list some place.

I agree with JT, there should be an overall list of everybody just to see where some ST cars are on the list. I have a feeling the Brandenton meet will bring some pretty good numbers for a some single turbo owners.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:36 PM
davidv

i also vote for this...

I suggested this sometime ago. A class similar to a real racing class: 6-cylinder with power adder. That would be all 350Zs with forced-induction. What we are seeing is an ET overlap between the various types of forced-induction. So nitrous racers would be competing with single turbo racers, and single turbo racers will be competing with twin turbo racers.

Would one class be easier or more difficult to manage than 3 forced-induction classes?

Would one class be more exciting? More competitive?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidv
I suggested this sometime ago. A class similar to a real racing class: 6-cylinder with power adder. That would be all 350Zs with forced-induction. What we are seeing is an ET overlap between the various types of forced-induction. So nitrous racers would be competing with single turbo racers, and single turbo racers will be competing with twin turbo racers.

Would one class be easier or more difficult to manage than 3 forced-induction classes?

Would one class be more exciting? More competitive?
So you guys are saying, Just merge the FI classes??

If so, i dont see a problem with that. We can make it the top 75. I can put 25 on each of the posts.

Let me know how everyone wants to handle this.

Later
Todd
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by aceman
So you guys are saying, Just merge the FI classes??

If so, i dont see a problem with that. We can make it the top 75. I can put 25 on each of the posts.

Let me know how everyone wants to handle this.

Later
Todd
Its just a consideration.

When you add #4 for example, do you you have to renumber #5 through #25? If so, that may be a headache.

Keep in mind that there are only 51 forced-induction racers. If you make it a top-75, how long will it take to fill 24 open slots? If you make it a top-50, all that you will have to do is bump one unverified ET.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:17 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Thumbs up

Im just glad that there has been alot of interest in the thread lately. Like i have said before. Im doing this for you guys as a whole.

I do enjoy looking over the times and watching the list move around. But it is still up to My350z as a group how they want the list to look and improve.

Let me know
Todd
Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Peak350

Car number 35

13.464 @ 104.29, 2.02 60'

Name:  tylertimeslip.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  34.0 KB

82 degrees accordign to the car when I left the track, so between 80 and 83 for the time of the run.

edit - 1758 feet on the DA calculator. Not terrible, but considering the track is between 50 and 100 feet from sea level....

Last edited by Peak350; 08-22-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Mudd

I wish I could ever see the day where we get a D/A of 1758ft. Hell our track sits at 6000ft and usually the D/A is over 8000ft most of the time.

Oh how I wish I could be making runs at sea level.

Mudd
Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Mudd
I wish I could ever see the day where we get a D/A of 1758ft. Hell our track sits at 6000ft and usually the D/A is over 8000ft most of the time.

Oh how I wish I could be making runs at sea level.

Mudd
Yeah. I mean, that quick run was my last of the night. Car was heat soaked from hot lapping and got about 10 minutes of cool down because they reprepped the track for a mustang that was running 8's. I got the first use of the left lane VHT and wasn't sure how thick a spray they'd dropped, so I took the launch more conservatively than I could have (4000 instead of my usual attempt at 5000 when I'm hooking). I think I have another tenth in these conditions, and probably another .2 when its winter here and we have good weather to run in. The other thing to note, at about 30 feet I'm popping my foot under the clutch and pulling it up because its been sticking. If I do that it grabs the rest of the run and I don't really lose much time, but I should mention I'm having some bad clutch issues as well.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:05 AM
trey.hutcheson

Aceman, I've got a suggestion for you. Change the font in your listings to Courier New. It's a monospace font, meaning each character, from an i to an 8, have the exact same width. The benefit is that everything will line up.

It requires a bit of an effort. Maybe too much for the existing lists, but if you create a new list or merge existing lists(like the forced induction lists), it will be easier that way because you can start from scratch.

That's what I do for the lists on g35driver. Like you, I use dashes to left-justify the different columns; but because I'm using a monospace font, everything lines up.

Just a hint.

And thanks for your work. I manage the thread on g35driver, and it's but a fraction of the size of this thread. It requires quite a bit of work.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 AM
carlos067

Hey peak get a new clutch....JWT maybe lol
Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep the seperate areas/classifications, but then merge them into one top 25 by ET, that would be nice to compare, and easy to do.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:44 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alberto
Keep the seperate areas/classifications, but then merge them into one top 25 by ET, that would be nice to compare, and easy to do.
I will work something up tonight.

Todd
Old 08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Exclamation

Had a chance to work on the list. I did a top 30 of all forced induction and nitrous.

Let me know if this is what you guys were talking about.

Thanks
Todd
Old 08-23-2007, 06:28 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by aceman
Had a chance to work on the list. I did a top 30 of all forced induction and nitrous.

Let me know if this is what you guys were talking about.

Thanks
Todd
I like it. Do you need to say nitrous? Nitrous is forced-induction correct?

Overall is one word.

Last edited by davidv; 08-23-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Top 25 1/4 Mile Times For ( TT, ST, SuperCharger, Nitrous, Bolt-ons, Stock )