Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

New HR Records!!!! New PB and Trap Speed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
kleefton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cecil strikes again. LOL
Home where a celica GTS and integra type R can run 14.0@100mph.
It will happen almost never anywhere else, of course.
So...13.1 and especially 108mph is mighty impressive, but don't count on replicating that on any other track.
Congratulations though.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 AM
rkemp1

Congrats on the new PB. Are you planning on coming to the track day next friday at Mason Dixon?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Skorch

Makes me curious - what makes that track so fast? Is it track prep/weather/altitude or could it possibly be that the track is measuring something incorrectly? If a Celica GT-S can run 14.0 there I bet I could run 13.0's in the Z.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:01 PM
warmmilk

^if what kleefton says is true about the track, i'd guess its a downhill track, cause if it was shorter, he'd have a lower trap speed, but since he had a low et and a high trap, the only explanation is down hill combined with good da

*don't know if the whole "fast track" thing is true, i have never been at this track
Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by VeeTec
I trapped 105.7 on my 13.1 pass, but it was at a slower track.

I trapped over 107, back when I had clutch issues, and as a result, I only ran 13.2, launching easy. If I could have launched like I can now, I would have run a couple of tenths quicker.

Pat's trap is fast enough for a 12.9-13.0, with a 1.9 60'. You will probably see 108+ traps eventually, during great weather.
I forgot about your clutch issues... He definately has the mph for a 12.9... actually (maybe specific to f-bodies here, not sure) but with a 108mph trap speed a 12.8 isn't all that far fetched...
Old 04-03-2008, 01:20 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Very nice times!!!!

Throw some slicks or DR;s on it and see how well you can do.

I will update the top 25 list

Congrats

Todd
Old 04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Peak350

I'll warn you guys to be careful. Got close to my 100th run last night and lost the pressure plate (car was barely drivable).

Congrats on the time, its definitely got more in it still but thats really quick.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:07 PM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by Peak350
I'll warn you guys to be careful. Got close to my 100th run last night and lost the pressure plate (car was barely drivable).

Congrats on the time, its definitely got more in it still but thats really quick.
I have a few hundred passes now.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by kleefton
Cecil strikes again. LOL
Home where a celica GTS and integra type R can run 14.0@100mph.
It will happen almost never anywhere else, of course.
So...13.1 and especially 108mph is mighty impressive, but don't count on replicating that on any other track.
Congratulations though.
I ran 13.1 at a slower track, with lower traps.

I also ran over 107 at a fast track, in warm weather, with a clutch issue.

108 will be reached stock, and a 12.9 should be reached by someone soon enough.

I wanted to go today, to the slower track, and try for a 13.0, but the weather wouldn't allow it.

Hopefully I can make a GTO event on April 25th, where I trapped over 107, if the event is held.

Again, GREAT JOB Pat!!! It's very hard running that kind of time, even at a fast track!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by VeeTec
I have a few hundred passes now.
I know, and its bad because I had no idea this issue had happened to others until I searched (a lot of 06 guys complained actually).

I don't think the disc itself is gone and I don't sit on the clutch at red lights so I don't know how it could be a driving error on my part - but I'll let you know if it was in fact the pressure plate or not next week when I get it replaced.

Praying for a slave cylinder failure of some kind.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Pat Bateman

Thanks for the compliments guys!!

I would have got more runs in and hopefully a better time BUT they kinda kicked me off the track (While I was ready to go and waiting for the tree to count down). I did my quick 1-2 burnout and was up at the line and I get a little knock on my window. I tried to talk my way into one more run but he wasn't buying it.

Cecil is the only track I have ever run on and last night was my 4th time ever racing there, so I have no basis for comparison with other tracks. Im not sure if everyone was running unusually quick times: 05+ modded Mustang GT was neck to neck with me the whole night, MKIV turbo running 14s(not sure what was going on there), I was also up against this Dodge Magmum wagon that was loud as hell and running mid 13s...crazy

I was really getting in a groove there with a 13.15 followed up by a 13.20. Im pretty confident that I can squeeze out a little more from the car but 12.9x does seem pretty far away. Very possible with some DR's

I do recommend going there on Wednesday nights. Near the end of the night, I was running back to back only 3 mins apart. Hardly ever a crowd and the night time weather this time of year is hard to beat.

My name is actually Phil. Pat Bateman is just a character from one of my favorite movies, American Psycho.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:24 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Out-****ing-standing... great runs.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Pat Bateman

Originally Posted by rkemp1
Congrats on the new PB. Are you planning on coming to the track day next friday at Mason Dixon?

I had no idea there was a track day planned, but I think that track is just a little too far away from me. I would love to race with other Z's though...that could be fun. Much better than the locals at Cecil county.

07JimmyZ, signature is updated.

Sidenote:
I'll be putting an exhaust on my car in the next week, so no more times for me in the stock category. Oh well

Last edited by Pat Bateman; 04-03-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pat Bateman
I had no idea there was a track day planned, but I think that track is just a little too far away from me. I would love to race with other Z's though...that could be fun. Much better than the locals at Cecil county.

Sidenote:
I'll be putting an exhaust on my car in the next week, so no more times for me in the stock category. Oh well
Come on down.. Most that are running that night are staying in a Hotel and heading back the next day.

Let me know
Todd
Old 04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Pat (Phil), it's worth it to run at the track with the rest of the Mid-A guys. Trust me, you'll have a blast.

Just leave the chainsaw at home.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Pat Bateman

Originally Posted by aceman
Come on down.. Most that are running that night are staying in a Hotel and heading back the next day.

Let me know
Todd

2 hours 45 mins away is just too far. I totally agree, that night is going to be a blast. With the crazy hours I am working now, I don't have too much spare time. Thats why I hit the track on a Weds night. Im usually working until 7 at night during the week and Saturdays. Not fun.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Pat Bateman

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Pat (Phil), it's worth it to run at the track with the rest of the Mid-A guys. Trust me, you'll have a blast.

Just leave the chainsaw at home.

I also remembered that I have to return some videotapes that night.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 PM
VeeTec

Originally Posted by Pat Bateman
Thanks for the compliments guys!!

I would have got more runs in and hopefully a better time BUT they kinda kicked me off the track (While I was ready to go and waiting for the tree to count down). I did my quick 1-2 burnout and was up at the line and I get a little knock on my window. I tried to talk my way into one more run but he wasn't buying it.

Cecil is the only track I have ever run on and last night was my 4th time ever racing there, so I have no basis for comparison with other tracks. Im not sure if everyone was running unusually quick times: 05+ modded Mustang GT was neck to neck with me the whole night, MKIV turbo running 14s(not sure what was going on there), I was also up against this Dodge Magmum wagon that was loud as hell and running mid 13s...crazy

I was really getting in a groove there with a 13.15 followed up by a 13.20. Im pretty confident that I can squeeze out a little more from the car but 12.9x does seem pretty far away. Very possible with some DR's

I do recommend going there on Wednesday nights. Near the end of the night, I was running back to back only 3 mins apart. Hardly ever a crowd and the night time weather this time of year is hard to beat.

My name is actually Phil. Pat Bateman is just a character from one of my favorite movies, American Psycho.
Haha, ok Phil.

Two tracks I would love to try, Cecil and Atco. Both VERY far away from me here in Georgia.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Pat Bateman

I would like to give Atco a try. They just put down concrete for the first 600' or so of the track this year. I'm not sure if thats supposed to help traction.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:03 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Peak350

when u say u lost the pressure plate and the car was barely drivable, were u able to drive it fine after a lengthy cool down? or u can't drive it till u get the plate replaced?

Quick Reply: New HR Records!!!! New PB and Trap Speed!!!!