Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

New HR Records!!!! New PB and Trap Speed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:19 PM
tribal_visionz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what psi is everyones tires at?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:22 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great numbers OP, you need a in car camera for your track runs. That would be cool to watch.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Skorch
Makes me curious - what makes that track so fast? Is it track prep/weather/altitude or could it possibly be that the track is measuring something incorrectly? If a Celica GT-S can run 14.0 there I bet I could run 13.0's in the Z.
LOL. I race at 4 drag strips in Maryland, and get my best ET at Cecil County. There may be several reasons:

a. Staging pad preparation is good. The crew takes care of minor spills immediately.

b. The track runs north to south which is good with seasonal winds out of the north.

c. Its all in my head. If I begin a day with a positive attitude, I can race well.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Gooey

I ran at 4 different tracks in MD too
My PB was at Cecil but most of the runs were pretty consistent with the other tracks.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:36 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
^if what kleefton says is true about the track, i'd guess its a downhill track, cause if it was shorter, he'd have a lower trap speed, but since he had a low et and a high trap, the only explanation is down hill combined with good da

*don't know if the whole "fast track" thing is true, i have never been at this track
I hope you are kidding about "downhill." Cecil County is a NHRA certified track.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Screamin350Z04

The downhill rumor has always been around but to my knowledge has never been proven. The DA is always good there.I have raced there more times than I can count (not yet with the Z) and have had neg DA's.The only problem is fridays the prep is awful most of the time and always have broken or leaking cars.Wed or Sat is your best bet. I prefer Wednesdays.
I am interested in what I can do with my 04. I dont have any track time with the car but have a ton of drag racing experience. I will be disappointed if I dont hit a mid 13 in the car in stock trim.

13.15@107 is one of the better stock times I've seen. But since I have an 04 I know the times will be slower. But with seat time Im sure I will get everything tenth out of it I can. Then I will see how deep I can get with boltons. For anyone going to cecil let me know when you go maybe we can meet up before it gets too warm out
Old 04-03-2008, 10:08 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Screamin350Z04
The downhill rumor has always been around but to my knowledge has never been proven.
For sh*ts & giggles, I just pulled up Cecil Country dragstrip on Google Earth and checked the elevations at the start and end of the track. Mind you, this is according to Google Earth...

Start elevation: ~343 feet
End elevation: ~320 feet

Old 04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
ajcool2

Congrats on the new time. This makes me want an 07 so bad.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:28 PM
da mayor

crap sick times congrats on a good driver
Old 04-03-2008, 11:10 PM
xDIEGOx

Is there any websites that list race tracks?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by warmmilk
when u say u lost the pressure plate and the car was barely drivable, were u able to drive it fine after a lengthy cool down? or u can't drive it till u get the plate replaced?
Can't get more than 1/4 throttle for sure...slips above 60 in 5th or 6th gear, there just isn't any clamp on the clutch plate anymore.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:51 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
For sh*ts & giggles, I just pulled up Cecil Country dragstrip on Google Earth and checked the elevations at the start and end of the track. Mind you, this is according to Google Earth...

Start elevation: ~343 feet
End elevation: ~320 feet

Since everyone seems to get faster times at only that track, I would have to agree that it does seem it is a downhill track.

And NHRA isn't very picky. They don't check stuff very well to get a track authorized especially if it isn't a noticeable drop like that.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Screamin350Z04

maybe it is but I think its more a rumor.I guess atco is downhill too because everyone always runs faster there? I always run slower at Maple Grove and Englishtown (been there once). Who knows? I go for the elevation
Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Peak350

maybe it is but I think its more a rumor.I guess atco is downhill too because everyone always runs faster there? I always run slower at Maple Grove and Englishtown (been there once). Who knows? I go for the elevation
Gainesville I've rolled backwards from staged multiple times, at least the beginning portion of the track is slightly uphill
Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
HDPDZO6

There is zero evidence that is readily available to indicate that Atco is level or uphill angled, but evidence is available to indicate a downhill slope.

That's not a rumor.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:51 AM
kleefton

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
There is zero evidence that is readily available to indicate that Atco is level or uphill angled, but evidence is available to indicate a downhill slope.

That's not a rumor.

PLEASE post the evidence that indicates it's a downhill slope. Please do.
I've been at Atco, Englishtown, many times over the last 8 years or so.
My findings are that those tracks run very similar to each other but are not downhill. The MAIN reason why Atco usually sees better times out of most cars is because it runs during the colder months, like January and February, while Englishtown usually doesn't start running until Late March and early April. There's a big difference when you run a n/a car in 30-40 degree weather vs 60-70 degree weather.

And I've taken my Z to Englishtown and ATco and surprise: my best time was actually achieved at Englishtown. Granted the Z's only been to Atco once, but I've found it was a lot harder to run a 13.xx at Atco than at Etown.

Please stop saying Atco is downhill. It is not.

Last edited by kleefton; 04-04-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by kleefton
PLEASE post the evidence that indicates it's a downhill slope. Please do.
I've been at Atco, Englishtown, many times over the last 8 years or so.
My findings are that those tracks run very similar to each other but are not downhill. The MAIN reason why Atco usually sees better times out of most cars is because it runs during the colder months, like January and February, while Englishtown usually doesn't start running until Late March and early April. There's a big difference when you run a n/a car in 30-40 degree weather vs 60-70 degree weather.

And I've taken my Z to Englishtown and ATco and surprise: my best time was actually achieved at Englishtown. Granted the Z's only been to Atco once, but I've found it was a lot harder to run a 13.xx at Atco than at Etown.

Please stop saying Atco is downhill. It is not.
You realize 10-20 feet of elevation would show up as hardly anything in terms of the ET on any car running faster than about 20 seconds in the 1/4 mile right?

We're talking excessively minimal amounts of energy gained from being downhill. Wind is a much bigger factor....so regardless of if its downhill, good air and potential tailwinds are much more defining characteristics.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:07 AM
blinkme323

The rumors about Atco have been around for years -- they're just that though, rumors. The track is legitimate.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:12 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by blinkme323
The rumors about Atco have been around for years -- they're just that though, rumors. The track is legitimate.
Where is the proof that the track is level? You cannot throw out one theory because of lack of proof yet hold another as true, even though there is lack of proof to back your beliefs as well.

If you go to Atco's website, they make no mention of it being a level or sloped surface. If you go to NHRA's website, no mention of either is made as well.

Anyone near there that could take GPS readings at the staging area and finish line? That would indicate proof, yet I'm not aware of anyone who has done so.

So far, all I'm going by is Google Earth, which indicates a downhill slope. That is, however; more evidence than there is indicating it it a level surface.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:38 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

How accurate is Google Earth? Not to fuel the flame, but if you have Google Earth, you will see the difference in elevation. You can also measure from point A to point B.

For example:
-Atco is slightly down hill by like 3' (only looking at the start and end points, discounting the middle) and is noticeably shorter than 1320'.
-Englishtown is level at both ends, but dips down in elevation in the middle by 3', and is slightly shorter than 1320'.
-Cecil has a noticeable downhill slope, but it seems to be longer than 1320'.

Again, I'm not sure how accurate Google Earth is, but it does show more than enough information about the tracks mentioned above.

Quick Reply: New HR Records!!!! New PB and Trap Speed!!!!