Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

VHT Track Bite

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
*Boose*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VHT Track Bite

So my local track sucks for traction and the next closest track is a bit too far for driving there. So I went ahead and purchased some track bite. I bought it relatively cheap from Jegs. Their website says to apply it either to the tire directly or to the road surface directly in front of the driven tires. Which one gives better results? I don't think I will be able to spray it directly on the surface since I will be in the car ready to drag so I'm thinking I will just spray it directly on the tires while I'm sitting in the staging lanes.

Also how much do I need to put down? It's a gallon so how much needs to be applied for just a single run?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:37 PM
coachk
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *Boose*
So my local track sucks for traction and the next closest track is a bit too far for driving there. So I went ahead and purchased some track bite. I bought it relatively cheap from Jegs. Their website says to apply it either to the tire directly or to the road surface directly in front of the driven tires. Which one gives better results? I don't think I will be able to spray it directly on the surface since I will be in the car ready to drag so I'm thinking I will just spray it directly on the tires while I'm sitting in the staging lanes.

Also how much do I need to put down? It's a gallon so how much needs to be applied for just a single run?

If you're going to spray it on the tire, spray the entire surface of the tire in the staging lanes and don't get caught. If you don't, you may spin in the areas that are not VHT'ed