Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Domestic vs Import, Englishtown 3/6

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 04:40 AM
BigBadBuford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Domestic vs Import, Englishtown 3/6

Is anyone planning on running at the Domestic vs Import race at Englishtown on March 6th. I will most likely be there with my 350Z and my brother will be representing the domestics in his '65 Buick Electra 225. The Z has been a very good bracket racer for me, I won the fall import shootout at Beaver Springs and the car was incredibly consistent running only .05 off my dial in the semi-finals and running a perfect run in the final round (14.300 on a 14.30 dial). Hopefully I will have the same kind of luck at this race, I could use the $300 towards new tires!

Last edited by BigBadBuford; 02-17-2004 at 04:49 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:13 PM
infidsg35

Hummm maybe.....
Old 02-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Hookedup240

I'll probably be there but not racing of course....can't wait...i love e-town
Old 02-28-2004, 01:52 AM
turbojimmy

Default Re: Domestic vs Import, Englishtown 3/6

Originally posted by BigBadBuford
Is anyone planning on running at the Domestic vs Import race at Englishtown on March 6th. I will most likely be there with my 350Z and my brother will be representing the domestics in his '65 Buick Electra 225. The Z has been a very good bracket racer for me, I won the fall import shootout at Beaver Springs and the car was incredibly consistent running only .05 off my dial in the semi-finals and running a perfect run in the final round (14.300 on a 14.30 dial). Hopefully I will have the same kind of luck at this race, I could use the $300 towards new tires!
I was going to go (representing the Buick camp, of course) but it's sponsored by BF Goodrich and you have to be running a radial tire. I guess they want everyone to go out and buy Drag Radials for the event. No thanks, BTDT.

Jim
Old 02-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Kenny H

Default Re: Re: Domestic vs Import, Englishtown 3/6

Originally posted by turbojimmy
I was going to go (representing the Buick camp, of course) but it's sponsored by BF Goodrich and you have to be running a radial tire. I guess they want everyone to go out and buy Drag Radials for the event. No thanks, BTDT.

Jim
YOU PUNK!! I remember you!! Old school!

Whats up? I posted as Gary H I think back on the Mustang news groups....DO u remember? How is the Buick doing?

I picked up a mint '86 GT a few months back. I still have my LS1 for now....

http://www.bbbracing.com/kennyh/kenny.html
Old 02-28-2004, 03:42 PM
turbojimmy

Default Re: Re: Re: Domestic vs Import, Englishtown 3/6

Originally posted by Kenny H
YOU PUNK!! I remember you!! Old school!

Whats up? I posted as Gary H I think back on the Mustang news groups....DO u remember? How is the Buick doing?

I picked up a mint '86 GT a few months back. I still have my LS1 for now....

http://www.bbbracing.com/kennyh/kenny.html
Of course.....waaaaaay back when I had my droptop GT.

Buick's doing good. Broke the trans in early '02. Blew the 100k engine apart in late '02, broke the new engine in mid-03. The engine guy took care of it and I squeaked into the 11s last fall. I've got a pretty solid set-up now mechanically but it's falling on its face after the 1/8th. Too much fuel - can't figure out why. Got a bigger turbo, injectors and chip going on it this week or next. Shooting for deeeeeeeeep 11s this year.

My brother is trying to ditch his LS1 but the used car market is rough - nevermind trying to sell something unique. He has an '02 NBM WS6 - really nice car. I'd love to take it off his hands but I'm holding out for an '05 Cobra (GT500 maybe?).

What are your plans for the GT?

Jim
Old 02-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Kenny H

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Domestic vs Import, Englishtown 3/6

Originally posted by turbojimmy
Of course.....waaaaaay back when I had my droptop GT.

Buick's doing good. Broke the trans in early '02. Blew the 100k engine apart in late '02, broke the new engine in mid-03. The engine guy took care of it and I squeaked into the 11s last fall. I've got a pretty solid set-up now mechanically but it's falling on its face after the 1/8th. Too much fuel - can't figure out why. Got a bigger turbo, injectors and chip going on it this week or next. Shooting for deeeeeeeeep 11s this year.

My brother is trying to ditch his LS1 but the used car market is rough - nevermind trying to sell something unique. He has an '02 NBM WS6 - really nice car. I'd love to take it off his hands but I'm holding out for an '05 Cobra (GT500 maybe?).

What are your plans for the GT?

Jim
Plans for GT are up in the air. I'm getting hitched in October so we are saving money. Once we get married then who knows. I may leave it mostly stock and enjoy it or I might go hog-wild and build a killer....

The LS1 is pretty much for sale now. Does your brother go on ls1.com or ls2.com or ls1tech.com ? He should try to sell it on there. How much is he looking to get?
Old 02-29-2004, 04:18 AM
turbojimmy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Domestic vs Import, Englishtown 3/6

Originally posted by Kenny H
Plans for GT are up in the air. I'm getting hitched in October so we are saving money. Once we get married then who knows. I may leave it mostly stock and enjoy it or I might go hog-wild and build a killer....

The LS1 is pretty much for sale now. Does your brother go on ls1.com or ls2.com or ls1tech.com ? He should try to sell it on there. How much is he looking to get?
He put it on LS1.com, hasn't tried the others. Problem was he was trying to sell it last fall. I think things will be different this spring. He has a company car so he never drives the TA - it has very low mileage. My dad has a '99 SS. He may trade w/ my brother. The SS is a rebuilt total and not worth much. That way my dad would wind up with the new car and my brother gets out from under the payments.

I just sold my Exploder (got an '04 Toyota Sienna minivan ) and it was rough. My wife doesn't work and only drove the truck on short local trips. It had very low miles and was immaculate. I couldn't even get anyone to come out to look at it. This is a 4WD truck in the middle of the winter I sold it to the first person who actually saw it for less than KBB trade-in.

You've got 2 nice looking cars. I get in enough trouble with my black car, nevermind arrest-me-red.

Anyhow, congrats on the engagement. It's funny because when I first started posting on the Mustang boards I was single - now I've been married 11 years and have 2 chilluns. Time flies.

Back on the topic at hand. The BFG thing really pisses me off. That could be a really good event but by eliminating the possibility of slicks - even DOT slicks - a lot of the big dogs from both camps are going to stay home. I never could get my Drag Radials to hook. The G-bodies don't have much room for wide tires so the widest I could put under it was a 275 and they rubbed. I have Hoosier Quick Time Pro DOT slicks on it as my "street" tires now. They're 27x11.5 and hook like nobody's business. But I can't race with them on 3/6.

Jim