Notices
Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

SEMA Launch Event The 350Z Pro Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 12:22 PM
bluefish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEMA Launch Event The 350Z Pro Car

Well, it's that time. The long awaited launch of the Performance Motorsport Pro-Class RWD twin Turbo Drag Car.

When: Wednesday November 3rd 12:00 PM
Where: SEMA Show Las Vegas, TURBONETICS BOOTH # 23255

Invitation available via E-Mail. or print this out and bring it with you.

my350Z is the only forum invited.

dan@TheExperience.com

You’re Invited

To the World debut of the
Performance Motorsport Pro-Class
Nissan 350Z Drag Car

Wednesday Nov 3, 2004
12:00 pm Unveiling

Turbonetics Booth # 23255

12:30 – 1:30 Autograph Signing / Q&A
Crew Chief/ NHRA Champion George Ioannou
Master Engine Builder/IDRC Champion Vinny Ten
Pro-Driver/Team Owner 20 yr old Andrew Rubio
Meet the dream team for 2005
NHRA/NDRA Pro-Sport Compact Drag Racing Team
“Moving the Import Revolution 4 Wheels at a Time”
Meet the whole team including, Erich Bunse, Mike Sylvestri,
Dan Ziegler, Frank Piccone, and Team Owner Gary Rubio

www.TheExperience.com
For media inquires contact: Dan Ziegler 631-774-4140
Old 10-28-2004, 06:15 PM
350z_taquito

what ever happened to the first chassis you had, how come you had vp build a new one? what ever happened to the caldwell deal?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:05 PM
bluefish

great questions, call me and i'll fill you in.

or stop by the booth at SEMA ..
Old 10-29-2004, 07:31 AM
sfarrah

I'll be there tues and wed for the show so i'll try to stop by. Very interested to see the setup.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:11 PM
350zJIM

damn i wont be there till thursday
Old 10-30-2004, 07:05 PM
bluefish

Default SEMA Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

PERFORMANCE MOTORSPORT
SETS THE WHEELS IN MOTION FOR A DYNAMIC 2005
Announcing a two car effort and national event schedule

(November 2004) NEW YORK – With the launch of its first Pro-Class Nissan 350Z at the Las Vegas SEMA show, Performance Motorsport is putting the sport compact drag racing world on notice, they mean business. “I’m extremely proud of the efforts our newly formed team has put forth to make so much happen in such a short period of time” states team owner Gary Rubio. With several high profile acquisitions this summer including tuner and crew chief for Andrew Rubio’s car George Ioannou, master engine builder Vinny Ten, pro-mod owner/driver Mike Sylvestri and mechanic Frank Piccone, Performance Motorsport is playing for keeps.

Andrew will get behind the wheel of this new car as soon as possible to begin the adjustment process from his street tire 350Z to this pro-class 350Z as well as complete fine tuning of the engine, suspension, and car during the winter months. “The mighty VQ35 that was run during the 2004 season has proven its strength beyond our expectation”, says Vinny Ten. “We literally went into the last two Texas races tuning the engine after every round, finding its weak points, and preparing for the 2005 event schedule, we have been pleased with the progress and look forward to developing all the potential the VQ35 has to offer” George Ioannou adds.

Performance Motorsport had jumped leaps and bounds during the last three races of the NDRA season. “At ATCO Raceway-NJ we wrapped up the weekend with a 10.3 second run and a team best 141 Mph trap speed. Only three weeks later we finished second at the NDRA World Finals, posting a 8.3 second season best time and a 176 Mph trap speed, earning us the #1 qualifying position all weekend, all the while Andrew Rubio thrilled the fans with his driving abilities. This was a welcome change from the months of testing and tuning experienced during the season from a virtually unknown power plant” says marketing director Dan Ziegler.

“We really have put together quite a team, with diverse personalities, levels of experience, and a real friendship for one another, I will expect only the best from each of them” adds Gary Rubio of his new associates Ioannou, Ten, Sylvestri, and Piccone who have joined teammates Ziegler, Erich Bunse, and the Rubio’s.

Andrew will pilot his Vanishing Point (VP) Pro Rwd 350Z throughout the winter, getting into championship form as George Ioannou tunes the beast in order to put all that newly found power of the VQ35 engine to the ground.

Ioannou and associate Pro-Mod owner/driver Mike Sylvestri will certainly have their hands full, Racing Technologies/Consulting (RTC) and Performance Motorsport have purchased two additional purpose built Pro-Mod chassis due to arrive in February from Jerry Bickle Race Cars of Missouri, this will set the stage for a multiple car assault with a schedule of events to be announced at a later date. “After the winter the VP car will move to back-up status as well as a test bed for the ideas of the organization” says Gary Rubio.

Performance Motorsport and Racing Technologies/Consulting (RTC) a company owned and operated by Ioannou and Sylvestri have announced a collaboration that results in George Ioannou campaigning/driving the second of the two Jerry Bickel 350Z chassis in 2005. “We will announce the event schedule for the second car sometime after the SEMA show, in order to review all of the opportunities and responsibilities that have been presented to RTC.” says Ioannou “My primary goal is to develop Andrews Pro Car for his 2005 season, I am however looking forward to facing off against him when the time is right for me to get into my own car and show the kid what the old man can still do” boasts Ioannou.

Racing Technologies and Consulting in a joint effort with Performance Motorsport will prepare all of the cars, share and develop engines, tuning, as well as all in house marketing efforts, with the common goal of bringing home a championship for 2005. Gary Rubio says of this newly formed alliance. “I can not wait to see both cars on the starting line together soon; this is why we all get up in the morning”

The sponsorship market is ripe with companies looking for professional representation of their products and services. “We know the team will accomplish great things in 2005, and the addition of the Rubio’s two Nissan dealerships as marketing outlets, the tuning center, and our national event schedule, I will certainly have my hands full as well” said marketing director and fulltime chef on the road Dan Ziegler.

The focus of this team is to coach, develop, and provide all of the necessary tools the team needs to get into championship form before the season officially starts in March. Testing is scheduled to commence soon in order to hit the ground running with both drivers and cars ready for competition.

About RTC

Racing Technologies & Consulting (RTC) - is a racing/consulting organization that focuses on the tuning, development, and fabrication of all hardcore needs for the sport compact industry. Data acquisition, engine management, and vehicle track preparation for the racing industry, as well as fulfilling the needs of hardcore street car applications.

About Performance Motorsport, Inc.

Performance Motorsport, Inc. is a progressive thinking racing organization that is on the cutting edge of the import re-styling and import performance tuning industries. In association with two of the largest Nissan Dealerships in the New York area, Performance Motorsport operates an import tuning center catering to the automotive enthusiast, a professional drag racing company, as well as an import entertainment organization. Find out more about the 2005 sponsorship opportunities with Performance Motorsport at www.TheExperience.com.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Enron Exec

Hey bluefish, I payed a visit to Smithtown Nissan on Oct 28 hoping to take a look at you car but the guy at the parts counter, kind of short stocky bald guy, told me you and the whole crew was off to Las Vegas. I told them I came all the way from Houston, lol. Actually I was just in the neighborhood during a buisness trip to the Port Jefferson Keyspan power plant and saw a street sign that said Smithtown and I was like... hmmmmm.... lol.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:12 PM
tylerdurden

Originally posted by Enron Exec
Hey bluefish, I payed a visit to Smithtown Nissan on Oct 28 hoping to take a look at you car but the guy at the parts counter, kind of short stocky bald guy, told me you and the whole crew was off to Las Vegas. I told them I came all the way from Houston, lol. Actually I was just in the neighborhood during a buisness trip to the Port Jefferson Keyspan power plant and saw a street sign that said Smithtown and I was like... hmmmmm.... lol.
Their race shop is actually Westbury NY.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:48 AM
Dyno Dude350Z

Originally posted by tylerdurden
Their race shop is actually Westbury NY.
The race shop is located at 200 Charlotte Ave in Hicksville NY 11801. It is located in the same building as the Westbury Nissan Service Dept.
For more info please call us at (516) 942-2996
or visit
www.theexperience.com
Old 11-02-2004, 01:18 PM
tylerdurden

Originally posted by Dyno Dude350Z
The race shop is located at 200 Charlotte Ave in Hicksville NY 11801. It is located in the same building as the Westbury Nissan Service Dept.
For more info please call us at (516) 942-2996
or visit
www.theexperience.com
I've had my car at their shop a few times. Do you work there? I need something done this week but I don't know if anyone is holding down the fort while the SEMA thing is happening.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Dyno Dude350Z

Originally posted by tylerdurden
I've had my car at their shop a few times. Do you work there? I need something done this week but I don't know if anyone is holding down the fort while the SEMA thing is happening.
I work both at the shop as well as at Smithtown Nissan. I handle accesory sales in the dealership for customers and try to maintain some updates as to what is going on with the team when they are on the road and cant get to a computer all of the time.

PS You have mail..