Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

strengthening handbrake?/?? HOW!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 05:33 PM
RazNips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strengthening handbrake?/?? HOW!?!

I have a g35 but its the same story as the 350z... my handbrake SUCKS. Ive driven friends' 240s and those things LOCK up when the ebrake is thrown. I can drift with my ebrake pretty well for what it does.... but i want it to grab lower and harder than it does. ive seen stainless steel brake lines around and was wondering if maybe i got those installed they could get adjusted byt he racing shop im getting it done at to grab better... what do you think?
Old 11-24-2004, 05:35 PM
RazNips

http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/sttessbrli.html

that is what im talking about by the way with the SS brake lines.... sgp is a good shop and i live close, so i was thinking about going by there and asking if i got them installed if they could set them up so my ebrake actually works. I'm getting new tires in about 4 months and want to be able to drift the **** outa my stock wheel/tire setup before i get the new ones (10 inches in the rear isnt gonna help drifting)
Old 11-25-2004, 10:08 AM
kws

Unhappy

Are u sure after installed it in your Z, your e-brake will lock your rear wheel as well?????

my z had same problem, the Z' e-brake is suck, i did pulling hard e-brake when i want drift enter in the cornor.
Originally posted by RazNips
http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/sttessbrli.html

that is what im talking about by the way with the SS brake lines.... sgp is a good shop and i live close, so i was thinking about going by there and asking if i got them installed if they could set them up so my ebrake actually works. I'm getting new tires in about 4 months and want to be able to drift the **** outa my stock wheel/tire setup before i get the new ones (10 inches in the rear isnt gonna help drifting)
Old 11-26-2004, 06:37 PM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The e-brake on the Z/G35C is not hydraulic so those lines won't do anything for e-brake performance.

There are two adjustment points for the e-brake, the first is under your center console (which can be removed with a phillips head screwdriver-4screws) the second is at the drum/rotor and is adjusted by removing your wheel, and then there is a rubber cover in the rotor which can be removed which will give access to the turn adjuster. Usually the cable stretches so it needs to be tightened. HTH
Old 11-28-2004, 03:07 PM
RazNips

im thinking i might get the ss lines anyways just because i dont like the idea of the lines being rubber in the first place and getting line swell and stuff.... but then i guess i'll have them adjust the ebrake so it grabs better.... man i want 240's handbrake ability!