Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

350z FormulaD Buildup Show!!! "The Drift Effect"!! CHECK IT OUT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Tizom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z FormulaD Buildup Show!!! "The Drift Effect"!! CHECK IT OUT!

Show some 350Z LOVE and SUPPORT!!!!

Enjuku Racing & Motorcine Media have teamed up and began production on a new reality show concept based around the ever-growing sport of drifting.

The Drift Effect will go where no other "build-up" show has gone before. Follow along as Team Enjuku, a privateer professional drift team, scramble to turn a factory stock Nissan 350Z into a fully-prepared professional drift car in 45 days. The car will be built to be piloted by Robby Unser in the Formula Drift Championship Series, the nation's first and largest professional drift series.

The program will be shot in 1080i HD using the latest in High-Definition cameras and will also document the team testing/practicing at various venues before the race seasons starts.

Video Link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK0FfB3FwY8

http://www.myspace.com/thedrifteffect
http://www.thedrifteffect.com
http://www.enjukuracing.com

Please Post this, pass it, link it and IM this video to every car person/forum you know. Let's make this big!

Back the underdog Z33 in the 2007 FormulaD Series!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

Do they call it the drift king?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:42 PM
gNaRKiLL

When is this going to start, and so from my understanding its not going to be on television? I dont see the point of shooting in HD if its not going to be on television.

Either way looks badass and I will definitely tune in to watch, I wish enjuku needed a mechanical engineer i'd damn near give my left nut to work there and design stuff.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:57 PM
THE TECH

Building a "drift" car in 45 days is no big deal. Any shop or individual could do that. All it takes is money.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:32 PM
kaoskrayola

Good luck with the project.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:15 PM
03boostedZ

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Building a "drift" car in 45 days is no big deal. Any shop or individual could do that. All it takes is money.
haha wow, thats just funny. so completely stripping a car down, and i mean COMPLETELY, making the cage, building the motor, building piping for the intercooler, etc, getting the parts on the car, getting it painted, tuned, and tested out not to mention get the other cars ready is no big deal? if it were a simple coilover, bolt on, striped car with a cage id agree. but take a look at the silver car of theirs and put that consideration into the Z. building a drift car isnt hard, but building a drift car capable of competing, and lasting through the entire series is a bit more of a challenge.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:50 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

you guys can use my car for projects as long as you dont paint it or install a fountain in it or something!!

to build a car that will last a full drift season can be an impossible feat.

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 02-08-2007 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Tizom

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
When is this going to start, and so from my understanding its not going to be on television? I dont see the point of shooting in HD if its not going to be on television.

Either way looks badass and I will definitely tune in to watch, I wish enjuku needed a mechanical engineer i'd damn near give my left nut to work there and design stuff.
First "episode" is set to release March 1. It will be broadcast on almost every major free internet media outlet, ie. YouTube, MySpace, Google Video, etc. etc. It will be shot in HD for the hope of being picked up by any television broadcast company interested.

What we need for this to happen is the support of all you 350z guys!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:02 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Cool stuff ! G'luck with it, and iif you need any help let me know!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:45 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by 03boostedZ
haha wow, thats just funny. so completely stripping a car down, and i mean COMPLETELY, making the cage, building the motor, building piping for the intercooler, etc, getting the parts on the car, getting it painted, tuned, and tested out not to mention get the other cars ready is no big deal? if it were a simple coilover, bolt on, striped car with a cage id agree. but take a look at the silver car of theirs and put that consideration into the Z. building a drift car isnt hard, but building a drift car capable of competing, and lasting through the entire series is a bit more of a challenge.
Stripping a car is no big deal. Making a cage is also just a one day job and even easier with all the crap out of the car.

The problem is that the OP doesn't tell us what exactly they are doing. Painting a car is not necessarily part of building a car. Neither is building a motor for drifting. Even if you had to build the motor, that shouldn't be more than a 2 week job.

As far as FI, we don't exactly know what the plan is. Any of the bolt on kits won't take more than a day to install. If they feel they need to do something one-off, then that's an entirely different story.

I think it can be done.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:49 AM
gNaRKiLL

Chassis: ER07
Platform: 2004 Nissan 350Z
Engine: 3.5L VQ35DE punched out to 4.0L using Brian Crower custom crankshaft and rods. CP Pistons. AEM Engine Management System.
Turbo System: Dual Garrett 28RS Turbos. Top mount Peak Boost manifolds. Tial 40mm Wastegates. Custom intercooler set-up.
Suspension: Stance GR+3 3-Way adjustable remote reservoir coilovers. ER spec rods/arms.
Brakes: Wilwood dynalite 6 piston front calipers, 4 piston rear calipers. 13.8" vented front rotors, 13" solid rear rotors. Wilwood hyldraulic hand brake system.
Misc: ER Prepared chassis. Mazworx roll cage. Origin Urban Line Aero Kit. Seibon Carbon Fibre Hood & Hatch.
That was taken from the website as their plans for the car.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by gNaRKiLL
That was taken from the website as their plans for the car.
sweet, 45 days probably reflects taping the show while doing the build I'm sure that can slow you down. Just going in and doing the work isn't the problem it's arranging all the damn cameras and crew to make it look good on TV or video.

droppedit2wce available to host, or for a project... hint hint...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:17 AM
IPGJames

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Making a cage is also just a one day job and even easier with all the crap out of the car.
ROFL, how many have you done in one day?????

a good, competitive, well thought out, good fitting cage takes a solid 3-4 days of work to complete, sometimes and often longer - we have a little experience with it i guess
Old 02-08-2007, 02:00 PM
floppydizzle

Originally Posted by MazworxRaceSply
ROFL, how many have you done in one day?????

a good, competitive, well thought out, good fitting cage takes a solid 3-4 days of work to complete, sometimes and often longer - we have a little experience with it i guess

yeah one day for a roll cage alone seems a little sloppy and maybe for some sort of make shift street pos. But 45 days seems like it could be a challenge, i'm interested. And anyone who gives you flack over the 45 days should explain the projects they have been involved in because too many people shoot off at the mouth with out backing up with true knowledge.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
CaioCampos

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
sweet, 45 days probably reflects taping the show while doing the build I'm sure that can slow you down. Just going in and doing the work isn't the problem it's arranging all the damn cameras and crew to make it look good on TV or video.

droppedit2wce available to host, or for a project... hint hint...

Yeah the filming will slow down certain parts of the build process.

There won't be much "bolt-on" equipment used on our Z build, so it's not going to be a quick build. Check out the link below to see our last S13.4 drift car we built for the 06 season. Expect to see similar work on the Z.
http://www.tunerzine.com/articles.asp?id=163

It's tough to do anything in this industry without some sort of negative energy, so we expect the haters here and there...so I appreciate the ones who are being supportive
Old 02-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Topics II

Originally Posted by Tizom
Show some 350Z LOVE and SUPPORT!!!!

Back the underdog Z33 in the 2007 FormulaD Series!!!!
the underdog z33 in FD...

Try building, testing, maintaining, driving, and now transporting with 2 people, 1 being myself. I built my car with my own 2 hands with help of my mechanic Kevin Wells. Wrenching on it everyday for almost a year and a half to make it the best car that we can. We would love to have the shop/manpower that Enjuku has.

but i am definately looking forward to seeing this car completed, i always admire Enjuku's work! those s13s were the cleanest ones ive ever seen come out of the states.

Last edited by Topics II; 02-14-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
aaronlosey

derrick broke the motor on his first lap out in the enjuku s13.4 when we were playing with it and john yim in texas last year. it was definately a badass car, but miserable to ride in. i couldn't bare being in that thing for more than a couple of minutes while in texas, i just hid in my z with the ac on and drifting around.

the motor for that car is really cool, and i really liked it. they did a high compression sr20 on race gas to make it super responsive, an man was it! the enjuku guys are really cool, they drift just because they enjoy it, and blow alot of money doing it! thanks for being part of drifting guys! and i hope putting rob in my car for a few minutes pushed you a little towards building a z!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:50 AM
aaronlosey

oh, and as for building a drift car in 45 days, it takes half a year just to get the damn bugs out. 45 days might be enough time to build a car, but not finish one.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Tizom

Bumpski! Okay so Czech it- The premier episode is debuting VERY SOON! Keep an eye out regularly on www.MySpace.com/TheDriftEffect or www.TheDriftEffect.com This episode is a CAN'T MISS!

Thanks for all the kind words and props!

PS. Add TDE to your MySpace friends list for Bulletin UPDATES!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:52 AM
tropicalypso

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the build, I can't wait to see the results.

I went to college with one of the Enjuku drivers, Robert Flemming was his name. Dunno if he's still there or not.

Quick Reply: 350z FormulaD Buildup Show!!! "The Drift Effect"!! CHECK IT OUT!