Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

e-brake mechanics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:17 PM
carluch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peak350
I wasn't saying that is what the drifters do, but explaining it works. So how am I wrong. Get your e-brake set "prefect" (means adjusting at the rear) and go 60 MPH, pull it in 3rd gear with the clutch pedal up, then release it. The tires will lock, engine stall, the tires will unlock and engine refire. I'm not arguing one way is faster or better, but saying - you CAN stall the motor and refire it that way.
haha you werent saying what drifters do? then why post in a thread in the drift forum about drift techniques?

and of course we all know how to pop start an engine, thats nothing new... the point here was to discuss how to use the ebrake effectively while drifting. what you are describing is a technique that will not work in drifting, therefore you are wrong.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by carluch
haha you werent saying what drifters do? then why post in a thread in the drift forum about drift techniques?

and of course we all know how to pop start an engine, thats nothing new... the point here was to discuss how to use the ebrake effectively while drifting. what you are describing is a technique that will not work in drifting, therefore you are wrong.
Never mind. My post was to clarify because someone else said it would stall the motor - I was just clarifying you can.

Personally if I "were" to be drifting I would use power and popping the clutch to initiate - but I'm not a drifter and my only real practice is on dirt so its not very applicable.

What I said isn't wrong, applying it as a drifting technique may be. Your inference that I was describing it as a drifting technique however is wrong. Sorry if I implied it - just noting its "plausible"
Old 05-19-2007, 09:51 AM
carluch

Originally Posted by Peak350
Never mind. My post was to clarify because someone else said it would stall the motor - I was just clarifying you can.

Personally if I "were" to be drifting I would use power and popping the clutch to initiate - but I'm not a drifter and my only real practice is on dirt so its not very applicable.

What I said isn't wrong, applying it as a drifting technique may be. Your inference that I was describing it as a drifting technique however is wrong. Sorry if I implied it - just noting its "plausible"
haha right on dude
Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
CLNC350Z

Default This advise is good.. I watched it

Originally Posted by Chaser720
If you want to learn how to drift go on LimeWire and download the Drift Bible. Keiichi Tsuchiya breaks it down step by step explaining 6 methods with cameras on the pedals outside ect. Its really good. He's the true DK before The Fast and the Furious used the name.
I watched this video for two days prior to my first D event and did what you see in the video with no diff and a 140HP SOHC Motor

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...940090e632.htm
Old 09-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by CLNC350Z
I watched this video for two days prior to my first D event and did what you see in the video with no diff and a 140HP SOHC Motor

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...940090e632.htm
Its just having good weight transfer. You can drift a front wheel drive car to an extent doing the same stuff, its just RWD helps get beyond the traction of the rear wheels.