Notices
Drift SCCA Formula Drift, Drift Showoff, Drift Session, Drift Day, D1 Grand Prix, Drift Nation

The Mexican Standoff, 2013 - Drive with a D1GP Driver!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Deedilus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Mexican Standoff, 2013 - Drive with a D1GP Driver!

DO NOT MISS THIS OR YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!
**Since Aaron hasn't posted this yet, I figured I will to help get the word out! Copy & pasted from the Facebook page for the event**
FB Event page link: https://www.facebook.com/events/495204353886777

I am unbelievably proud to bring you an amazing 2 day drift Bonanza. I don't even know where to start really. Basically we are having 2 full days of driving with a special D1GP guest driver, Yokoi from MCR Factory.

Where: Mineral Wells Airport, TX. Google map the location, we are almost right under the water tower if you get confused when you get there : )

When: July 27-28, 2013. This is a two day event. Each day starts at 8 am for the drivers, and for the spectators at 10 am. Driving stops around 6:30 or when I say it is over. RAIN OR SHINE.

a. July 27 is THE MEXICAN STANDOFF Formula Drift Proam competition. Practice will be all morning until around 3 pm, then we will get right to it. The reason the competition is on Saturday is so the drivers don't have to save their cars for an entire day until the competition, they will be able to drive harder on our pure play day with Yokoi without the fear of breaking before the comp. Yokoi will be driving with us both days.

b. July 28 is a play day with Yokoi and all our amazing local drivers. With the attraction of having Yokoi at the event, we will be bringing in some amazing out of state drivers as well. George Marstanovic, Mike Pollard, and lots of other awesome drivers have expressed their intent to make it to this event, along with some awesome media dudes like Justin Shreeve.

Cost: Drivers are 150 for both days, there is no one day pass. Drivers entry includes a Saturday night party with drinks and food, and lots of fun. Spectators are XX TBA.

Registration: Please pay pal your registration money as a driver to erinshill at gmail.com with your full name, contact info, and car info. Your registration is required the Tuesday before the event happens or there will be a $50 late fee. Please don't make me charge you the late fee, please register on time!!!!

Who is Yokoi?!?! Masashi Yokoi is an amazing D1GP and D1SL driver from Japan. If you watch awesome JDM drifting videos, I am positive you have seen him tearing it up in his DMAX S Chassis with Nakamura and friends. You don't get the chance to drive with such amazingly awesome and well known Japanese drivers like Yokoi, in fact, he has never been to the USA, so this will be a first. PLUS, he will be coming to TEXAS JUST TO DRIVE WITH US! That is the whole trip other than some sight seeing we plan to take him on!

https://www.facebook.com/masashi.yokoi.94?fref=ts

Who will be allowed to tandem with Yokoi? Well we will have a group of drivers who will be allowed to tandem with the man. How will be decide? Basically you either need to be a well known driver that can hold his own in tandem, in the top 16 of our local drift series, or have special permission to do so. If you are not qualified, that doesn't mean you cannot drive all day long, it just means you can't total whatever car he is driving and ruin the weekend for the rest of us : )

Last edited by Deedilus; 06-26-2013 at 08:09 AM.