Notices

_______NEW: Short shifter from TWM Performance (350z/g35/370z/g37)_______

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation _______NEW: Short shifter from TWM Performance (350z/g35/370z/g37)_______

Now available from TWM Performance, the Nissan 350Z short shifter!

TWM Performance is proud to announce the release of our short shifter for the Nissan 350Z, also compatible with the Nissan 370Z, Infiniti G35, and Infiniti G37!

Featuring unique designs in the industry, like ball bearings and vibration dampening in the upper part of the shifter, this new short shifter features a 37% throw reduction as well as 0.25” (1/4”) overall height reduction.

Specs and Features for the 350Z/G35 short shifter:

-37% throw reduction
-0.25” height reduction
-CNC machined of high strength steel
-Vibration dampening technology
-Ball bearing design for a liquid smooth operation

This short shifter also fits the 370Z and G37. The throw reduction is 33% and the height reduction is 0.5”.

Here are two comparison pictures to show the throw reduction between the stock shifter and the TWM short shifter:

Stock throw, 3rd to 4th

TWM throw, 3rd to 4th

And another comparison in the 370Z:

Stock throw, 3rd to 4th

TWM throw, 3rd to 4th

The regular retail price of the TWM Performance 350Z short shifter will be $249.95, however, as a special introductory offer, we are going to be giving a 10% discount! This brings the price down to $224.95!

Now if I can quickly give you guys a comparison of the competition. We’ll do this fast!

-Competition uses nylon bushings which wear quickly (TWM Performance uses BALL BEARINGS)
-Competition uses a design that is half steel, half aluminum (TWM Performance uses a FULL steel design that is guaranteed to NEVER break)
-Some of the competition make you re-use worn, OEM parts (TWM Performance is a full kit that comes with new, superior, ball bearings, bushings etc so you don’t translate worn old parts to your new short shifter)
-Some of the competition only provides a 25% throw reduction (TWM Performance nets you a 37% or 33% reduction in throw!)
-TWM Performance is the only company including stainless steel spacer to place the shift rod in the correct angle to operate smoothly with the short shifter installed!

This is IMPORTANT stuff! With TWM Performance, you know you’re getting the best part available for your car. We stop at nothing to bring you guys the highest level of quality and satisfaction!

- OTHER Products for your 350Z/370Z and G35/G37:

For people seeking further height reduction, all of our weighted shift ***** are compatible with this brand new short shifter for wide height adjustability. All of our stainless steel shift ***** are very heavy, which translates to a smoother-then-stock shift feel. Many of you guys are already rocking a TWM Performance shift ****, so now is the time to complete it with the ultimate upgrade in the form of a TWM short shifter!

- Bring your shift **** up HIGH!

But wait; we’ve got something else for you! For people that enjoy track days or competing in sanctioned track racing, our new 350Z short shifter is also available in combo with our recently released shifter extenders. Our shifter extenders are 4” long to bring the shift **** much closer to the steering wheel. This is a great upgrade, along with the shorter throw of a short shifter, to enjoy the spirited weekend driving at the track!

You can place your order directly at the following links:

TWM Performance 350Z/G35 short shifter

TWM Performance 370Z/G37 short shifter

Please do not hesitate if you have any question regarding our brand new Nissan short shifter or any of our other products! You can also call us directly at 1-877-655-0540 to place your order!

Thanks!

Team TWM Performance

Last edited by TWM Performance; 05-28-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

TWM Performance would like to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

New website feature/product! Add a tube of grease to your order to facilitate your install. It's only $4.95!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:59 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

All pm's replied!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:26 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Want to place an order? Give us a call at the shop (1-877-655-0540) or log onto our site (www.twmperformance.com)
Old 06-04-2010, 06:05 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks for the orders yesterday!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

All pm's replied!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
driftinvq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...this may be what I've been looking for now. My B&M is a peice of junk and the NISMO unit isn't even a short throw shifter. I knew someone had to be able to make a short shifter with a vibration reducing technology.

On top of that, It's cheaper than the B&M I just bought which is good for the garbage! Good job TWM!

So if I understand correctly, there is no noise or vibration with this shifter, and it's a true short throw with a relocated pivot point?

When will these ship?

How do I place my pre-order?

Sign me up cause I need one asap!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
driftinvq

I also just saw you have shifter extenders! Are these compatible with the short shifter your selling?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by driftinvq
Wow...this may be what I've been looking for now. My B&M is a peice of junk and the NISMO unit isn't even a short throw shifter. I knew someone had to be able to make a short shifter with a vibration reducing technology.

On top of that, It's cheaper than the B&M I just bought which is good for the garbage! Good job TWM!

So if I understand correctly, there is no noise or vibration with this shifter, and it's a true short throw with a relocated pivot point?

When will these ship?

How do I place my pre-order?

Sign me up cause I need one asap!
Originally Posted by driftinvq
I also just saw you have shifter extenders! Are these compatible with the short shifter your selling?
Hello Driftinvq,

Thanks for the kind words. We took a while to release this short shifter because we wanted it to be perfect! There is NO vibration or noise from this short shifter under any circumstances. The vibration dampening system is extremely effective and unique to TWM Performance.

To answer your other question, yes it's a true short shifter. The shaft below the pivot point is longer than stock which creates a true reduction in throw distance.

Also our shifter extenders will fit on the TWM short shifter no problem. I have a picture of the extender with an M1 Abrams installed somewhere around here. I'll try to find it and post it up for you!

As for the order, simply follow one of our links to the short shifter page on our website, and place your order online. Once they are ready to ship, the people on the pre-order will be the first ones to receive their parts!Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Thanks,

Patrick
Team TWM Performance
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Today's the day to pick up your TWM Performance products! Give us a call at the shop to place your order! 1-877-655-0540
Old 06-09-2010, 09:57 AM
importdemon5

Do you still have to grind down the bracket to get the shifter to go into reverse like some of the other shifters?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

No, there's absolutely no need to grind anything to install our short shifter in the 350Z/G35 or 370Z/G37.

Another advantage over the other shifters on the market!

Thanks,

Frank
Team TWM Performance
Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

To The Top!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Lots of orders shipping today! Thanks for the orders!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Happy Canada Day to all of our Canadian customers and future customers! We will be open today and taking orders, but no items will be shipped. Everything will ship tomorrow! We will also be open tomorrow!