Notices

FS: Torque Solutions Poly Trans Mount (NEW)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
robmarley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Solutions Poly Trans Mount (NEW)

I have a Torque Solutions Poly Trans Mount, 75a durometer that was used for maybe 2 hours, literally. My girlfriend refused to ride in my car with it installed lol. They go for $109 new, so I'm looking for $90. You can reach me via PM, reasonable offers only please.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2011, 11:37 AM
c_morse

Lol, I know the feeling. My poly trans mount was on my G for about 15 minutes total. Took one test drive, came back and removed it and put it up for sale.

Free bump and GLWS!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:41 AM
robmarley

Haha, thanks man. Yea this thing is stiff, def for the track guys.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:10 PM
holycrap

the vibs are that bad?
Old 10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
robmarley

I guess it's a matter of preference. I liked how when I have it has I could feel the engine and the response was tight, but my car is an '03 and I had serious cabin vibration.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:13 PM
derektm

Originally Posted by robmarley
I guess it's a matter of preference. I liked how when I have it has I could feel the engine and the response was tight, but my car is an '03 and I had serious cabin vibration.
Is it better in other years?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:21 PM
robmarley

Honestly, I couldn't tell u. I'd assume so, bc generally the older a car gets the more rattles you hear.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:56 PM
kevin06v2

Originally Posted by c_morse
Lol, I know the feeling. My poly trans mount was on my G for about 15 minutes total. Took one test drive, came back and removed it and put it up for sale.

Free bump and GLWS!
So what made you remove it after only 15 min? the vibration? give me an honest answer lol
Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 AM
robmarley

I'm guessing it was the cabin noise more so than the vibration. I really enjoyed the mount during the summer, when driving with the windows open. I really gave the engine a solid growl, but once the windows were closed the noise would echo through the cabin... it was a little too much for me, and way too much for the girl.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 AM
kevin06v2

Originally Posted by robmarley
I'm guessing it was the cabin noise more so than the vibration. I really enjoyed the mount during the summer, when driving with the windows open. I really gave the engine a solid growl, but once the windows were closed the noise would echo through the cabin... it was a little too much for me, and way too much for the girl.
Oh I see, so it amplifies the engine noise in the cabin, but the vibration was not a big problem. What is the mechanics behind that, how does it make the cabin louder?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
robmarley

Originally Posted by kevin06v2
Oh I see, so it amplifies the engine noise in the cabin, but the vibration was not a big problem. What is the mechanics behind that, how does it make the cabin louder?
It's really hard to explain, I don't know if I'm getting this right, but... There is a cross beam supporting the transmission. This beam bolts directly into the under-shell of the car, right behind the shiftknob- 2 bolts right under the driverside seat and 2 bolts under the passenger. This mount acts as an isolator, by reducing the tranny/engine vibration that is transfered through the support beam into the cabin. The stock mount is too soft, way too soft. That is why you can see your shift **** move forward and back so dramatically when you press or let off the gas. The mount I have for sale is a 75a, i think it is like 60% stiffer than the stock mount. So the **** wont move as much, but the mount also wont isolate the engine/tranny vibration as well either. The lack of isolation allows for the frequency of the vibrations to travel through the support beam into the chassis and then into the cabin. It more noticable when the windows are closed, because the sound frequency is amplified as it echos off the windows. Kind of like how a sub is louder when the windows are closed (generally). There are always tradeoffs with performance upgrades, for example, this mount will:
- provide incredible acceleration response
- reduce shifter slop
- amazing improvement in downshifts (check Torque solutions site, they have all the benefits)

But at the same time, with these benefits comes increase noise, vibration, and harshness. So in a nutshell, this mount will make your car feel more like a muscle car, something like a 1990 Mustang GT 5.0
Old 10-31-2011, 05:07 PM
jarrodh77

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed mine about a month ago. Is the sound you are hearing sometimes a high pitched almost whining noise? With my exhaust silencer out, its hardly noticeable, but with the silencer in it sounds like there is something seriously wrong with the car with the vibration & whining.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 AM
robmarley

Originally Posted by jarrodh77
I just installed mine about a month ago. Is the sound you are hearing sometimes a high pitched almost whining noise? With my exhaust silencer out, its hardly noticeable, but with the silencer in it sounds like there is something seriously wrong with the car with the vibration & whining.
I don't remember the whining, but I did get some whining when I installed the SPL solid diff bushings... Since the diff and the tranny are not all that different in terms of rotating gears I believe that's normal.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:15 AM
robmarley

Price dropped $80 shipped!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:37 PM
robmarley

sold! mods please close, thanks