Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:31 AM
MADooit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cessna
KSBP what airport ident is that for???
San luis, just a hop, or Paso Robles has a good new place to eat.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:40 AM
cessna

Whats the airport altitude there? Do they have good enchilatas?????
Cheers,
Louis
Old 11-05-2005, 03:42 PM
MADooit

Originally Posted by cessna
Whats the airport altitude there? Do they have good enchilatas?????
Cheers,
Louis

Plenty of good food around SLO. The best thing at the airport is fish & chips! One of the last places I know that still uses fresh. The elevation is 209.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:33 AM
greatnorthspec

Thanks for all the positive reinforcment with the tickets guys. im more confident then ever now. . Ones in court now but he other still has alittle while until it hits court so im not worried yet.

Young, If you need help installing anything just let me know. I have a shop and i can do anything on a car but rebuild an automatic tranny. Theres no need paying someone to change something that is fun to change in the first place. Thart same offer goes out to anyone buying parts. I love installing aftermarket parts on cars, i'd never charge just because its fun. And you learn your car inside out. Just let me know a week or so in advance so i can get my car together and push it outside.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:43 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by greatnorthspec
Thanks for all the positive reinforcment with the tickets guys. im more confident then ever now. . Ones in court now but he other still has alittle while until it hits court so im not worried yet.

Young, If you need help installing anything just let me know. I have a shop and i can do anything on a car but rebuild an automatic tranny. Theres no need paying someone to change something that is fun to change in the first place. Thart same offer goes out to anyone buying parts. I love installing aftermarket parts on cars, i'd never charge just because its fun. And you learn your car inside out. Just let me know a week or so in advance so i can get my car together and push it outside.

Thats a great offer Scotty!!!
I'd bring beer or scotch!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:43 AM
cessna

By the way, I was driving a few weeks back near your hood, and think I saw your car.... do you live down the road from the Oasis strip bar????
Old 11-07-2005, 07:44 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heya, Scott. Good to hear from you again.

What do you mean that you have a shop? Do you have a car lift? Just curious, 'cause that would be my dream to have a double garage with cement floors so I can work on my car.

I would love to install headers and High Flow Cats with help from you, not to save money(although that is a bonus), but like you said, to learn more about my car or cars in general. I was also thinking about installing a tranny cooler while I'm at it too since they need to go in that area anyways.

If a shop would do the headers and HFC, they said maybe $400-500. Don't know what they would charge for installing/buying a tranny cooler as well.

How confident are you with the above installs? I'd buy you a case of beer and take you to the ripper bar ;P

Last edited by ZlleH; 11-07-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Heya, Scott. Good to hear from you again.

What do you mean that you have a shop? Do you have a car lift? Just curious, 'cause that would be my dream to have a double garage with cement floors so I can work on my car.

I would love to install headers and High Flow Cats with help from you, not to save money(although that is a bonus), but like you said, to learn more about my car or cars in general. I was also thinking about installing a tranny cooler while I'm at it too since they need to go in that area anyways.

If a shop would do the headers and HFC, they said maybe $400-500. Don't know what they would charge for installing/buying a tranny cooler as well.

How confident are you with the above installs? I'd buy you a case of beer and take you to the ripper bar ;P
Make sure you guys let me in on the date!!!! Heck lets get Niccky to come as well, we can ALL try to pick-up some rippers!!!

Carefull Scott Young is a cop and likes to makeout with men!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:17 AM
ZlleH

Welp, I just came back from Fedex and picked up the Kenitix HFC! I bought this last Thursday! The guy shipped it Fedex Priority and it came the next day. He sold it to me for $250 shipped and the shipping was $197usd for priority.

He said he was a man of his word and shipped it anyways. It must have been his first time saling online and thought everyone wanted the product the next day. I would have waited 2 to 3 weeks if I had to. Poor guy, I will definately give him a good traders feedback.

But anyways, Now I have a pair of headers and a pair of High Flow Cats. What should I do guys, suck it up and install it now or wait until after winter? And should I also add a tranny cooler while I'm at it? And should I buy the tranny cooler kit for the Z or should I buy a generic one at Canadian tire?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:25 AM
cessna

Unless you crash the Jetta, and have to use the Z, I'd wait....um no actually Young do it now, I want to go see them rippers!!!!!

Louis
PS Go easy on Scott he's a virgin!!!lol!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
greatnorthspec

Oh, Do I ever live near the Oasis!!!! Its so close that I pretty much have to go there regularly. I'm always down for a trip there, but i wouldnt leave your car outside there. thats biker/ HA territory. How long ago did you see my car. Its usually in the garage, covered, behind a lawn tractor and other things; so people cant see it. i must have had it outside for a cleaning and molesting

Sorry guys , I dont have a hoist. I have everything but. The garage isnt tall enough.
Story of the Shop- Its actually my neighbours shop, him and his son use to build and sell stock cars and race cars, and they both raced. About 4 years ago his son died in an accident and my neighbour doesnt use the shop all that often anymore. Myself and my best friend have used the shop ever since i bought my first dirtbike when i was 12. So he likes that the two of us still uses it. I have keys to it and i split on all the tools in it (most are mine anyway). Moral of the story is, if we need the shop, just give me enough time to get my car or whatever car is in there out.

As for being able to install headers, cats, plenums and oil coolers. My buddy and I could do that pasted out after a night of heavy drinking. no problem. The buddy i'm refering to is my friend paul, licensed mechanic and like me just loves to work on modding cars. a car genious. I would highly highly recommend waiting until spring to instal everything. You might aswell. Not to mention its a lot more fun spending 2 solid nights of installing car parts. You notice more of a difference all in one shot. Ive never installed just one part....always big groups of stuff. Also, if you wait , youll have all your parts in your house, so you can lay down with them in your bed, and stare at them for hours on end............ok maybe only i do that, you guys are missing out
Old 11-07-2005, 11:28 AM
ZlleH

So basically, you put the car up on jackstands? and work unerneath Now that is hardcore.

So is that the only reason I should wait until spring? Is so I can lay down with it inside during the winter?

Oh, Do I ever live near the Oasis!!!! Its so close that I pretty much have to go there regularly. I'm always down for a trip there, but i wouldnt leave your car outside there. thats biker/ HA territory. How long ago did you see my car. Its usually in the garage, covered, behind a lawn tractor and other things; so people cant see it. i must have had it outside for a cleaning and molesting

Sorry guys , I dont have a hoist. I have everything but. The garage isnt tall enough.
Story of the Shop- Its actually my neighbours shop, him and his son use to build and sell stock cars and race cars, and they both raced. About 4 years ago his son died in an accident and my neighbour doesnt use the shop all that often anymore. Myself and my best friend have used the shop ever since i bought my first dirtbike when i was 12. So he likes that the two of us still uses it. I have keys to it and i split on all the tools in it (most are mine anyway). Moral of the story is, if we need the shop, just give me enough time to get my car or whatever car is in there out.

As for being able to install headers, cats, plenums and oil coolers. My buddy and I could do that pasted out after a night of heavy drinking. no problem. The buddy i'm refering to is my friend paul, licensed mechanic and like me just loves to work on modding cars. a car genious. I would highly highly recommend waiting until spring to instal everything. You might aswell. Not to mention its a lot more fun spending 2 solid nights of installing car parts. You notice more of a difference all in one shot. Ive never installed just one part....always big groups of stuff. Also, if you wait , youll have all your parts in your house, so you can lay down with them in your bed, and stare at them for hours on end............ok maybe only i do that, you guys are missing out
Old 11-07-2005, 11:36 AM
cessna

Ok then It was house that I saw!!! Your ride was parked (nose to the road) infront of what must be the shop/garage your using!!! Probably a month ago, just after you called me for the first time...... Thats funny, I drive pass your house every second day!!!

That shady bar is truly/surely "biker/HA" territory......

I propose that if we all go there, we force Young and Paul to stand on a table together, as we all yell ""THEIR COPS!!!!"" as loud as we can!!!!lol!!!

Sounds like a cool set-up you have going there...... Do you feel like doing my first brake job on my G since I got it???? Heck I'll trade ya flight time for work on my G....(and beer) if your intrested!!!?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:52 AM
greatnorthspec

Young,
I have massive jacks and jack stands(upwards of 4ft high, plus we have an chain block engine lift that we use to pick the whole car up off the ground when it comes to having to get it really high. And the buddy i was refering to also has his own shop with 3 hoists and machining equipment if we really need to get the car hoisted up.

as for brakes, we can do that to. disk brakes are rarely ever a problem. im kind of busy with work and mid-terms right now but i definetly can help out
Old 11-07-2005, 11:54 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by ZlleH
So basically, you put the car up on jackstands? and work unerneath Now that is hardcore.

So is that the only reason I should wait until spring? Is so I can lay down with it inside during the winter?

Young its time for you to get your hands dirty!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:00 PM
FritzMan

Young, I installed my headers over the X-Mas holidays last year.

I jacked up the car in my garage (concrete floor) and spend a few hours working. I'd eventually get frustrated and Heineken would come and console me. Production immediately dropped until the following day.

I repeated this cycle over the next few days and I eventually got it done. I think it took me 12 hours in total. As jkoc can tell you, I can wrench fairly quickly (installing my old JIC coil-over set into his car in 1.5 hrs including jacking up and drilling the rear spring buckets to bolt the perches down). If you're not comfortable wrenching, or have bad luck with siezed/busted bolts, it could take 15+ hrs. If you can con someone into helping you, give him the passenger side.

The basic tasks were to remove the Y pipe and cats, remove the strut tower bar and the entire intake system. Although I didn't do it, it would probably help to drain the coolant and remove the coolant hard-line between the right bank and tower - it's crazy tight to squeeze a hand in there otherwise. Remove the heat shields on the header. Remove all the bolts on the headers - CAREFULLY not to strip or break any of them. Remove the headers. Next, loosen the steering rod/bar from the streering rack so you can swing the steering rod to the side to make room for the new wider headers. You're not home free yet as installing the header bolts is MUCH harder with the larger/longer runners in the way. Total PITA to get a ratchet set in there, have open end wrenches handy. Once that's done though, it's pretty simple to put everything back.

Last edited by FritzMan; 11-07-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:52 PM
ZlleH

Nice info, Fritz.

I just went to talk personally to "Partners Auto" that Nick recommended. He quoted what I though he would, around $400. After reading your post, it actually scared me more then it did encourage me I'm gonna wait until my next paycheck and decide if I can afford the install now or save up for Spring. I'm very excited to complete my exhaust system and start doing my intake (plenum). I definately want to complete the exhuast and intake system before the summer solo2 season begins. I'm pumped!

Originally Posted by FritzMan
Young, I installed my headers over the X-Mas holidays last year.

I jacked up the car in my garage (concrete floor) and spend a few hours working. I'd eventually get frustrated and Heineken would come and console me. Production immediately dropped until the following day.

I repeated this cycle over the next few days and I eventually got it done. I think it took me 12 hours in total. As jkoc can tell you, I can wrench fairly quickly (installing my old JIC coil-over set into his car in 1.5 hrs including jacking up and drilling the rear spring buckets to bolt the perches down). If you're not comfortable wrenching, or have bad luck with siezed/busted bolts, it could take 15+ hrs. If you can con someone into helping you, give him the passenger side.

The basic tasks were to remove the Y pipe and cats, remove the strut tower bar and the entire intake system. Although I didn't do it, it would probably help to drain the coolant and remove the coolant hard-line between the right bank and tower - it's crazy tight to squeeze a hand in there otherwise. Remove the heat shields on the header. Remove all the bolts on the headers - CAREFULLY not to strip or break any of them. Remove the headers. Next, loosen the steering rod/bar from the streering rack so you can swing the steering rod to the side to make room for the new wider headers. You're not home free yet as installing the header bolts is MUCH harder with the larger/longer runners in the way. Total PITA to get a ratchet set in there, have open end wrenches handy. Once that's done though, it's pretty simple to put everything back.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:17 AM
greatnorthspec

I'm telling you young, If you want to save $400, I can do it for you. Its not a problem. I've never gone to a shop for anything on any of my 14 cars I've had. I just sugjest doing it in the spring because i personnally like installing a group of parts at once because everything is already apart. Its up to you
Old 11-08-2005, 07:03 AM
ZlleH

Heya, Scott.

I think I understand what you are trying to say. But I have everything that I'm gonna want to put in the car in that area. (headers/HFC) a generic tranny cooler could be purchased at Canadian Tire if I wanted a tranny cooler, so no issue there.

After these modes, I have nothing to do underneath the car so I don't know what other parts I would wait for until the spring since the next things I will concentrate on is Plenum and then body kit.

I'm telling you young, If you want to save $400, I can do it for you. Its not a problem. I've never gone to a shop for anything on any of my 14 cars I've had. I just sugjest doing it in the spring because i personnally like installing a group of parts at once because everything is already apart. Its up to you
Old 11-08-2005, 08:15 AM
cessna

Remember guys let me in on it... Ill bring the beer, we work on Young's car... then the Oasis is OURS!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!