Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 02:24 PM
cessna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, When I woke up this morning I was sure I was still dreaming!!!

On another note....

I m thinking of selling my G to get a Z!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:42 AM
greatnorthspec

A Z would be awesome! You shoul probably decide before you start buying mods for this car though. My father and I still would really love to go flying lou. Im just waiting till my schedule clears up alittle. Right now im work days and nights, plus school and midterms, and some side work. But im excited, I love flying and my dad does even more then I.

Young,
Stay off the roads!!! now more then ever. I've been waiting for winter though. Get the snowmobile out. Anyone else have a sled
Old 11-16-2005, 07:24 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by greatnorthspec
A Z would be awesome! You shoul probably decide before you start buying mods for this car though. My father and I still would really love to go flying lou. Im just waiting till my schedule clears up alittle. Right now im work days and nights, plus school and midterms, and some side work. But im excited, I love flying and my dad does even more then I.

Young,
Stay off the roads!!! now more then ever. I've been waiting for winter though. Get the snowmobile out. Anyone else have a sled

RMK here but mine is still set-up for hill climbs/Powder... bought it when I lived in BC....You should see my home-made mt bar!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:25 AM
cessna

By the way Scott, is there a field behind your house??? (2200F with no major ditches) if so I can pick you guys up there, instead of having you meet me at the airport.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:11 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cessna, you would look good in a Z or even a G35coupe. But I suggest test driving each one. They are both different in driving feel.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:51 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Cessna, you would look good in a Z or even a G35coupe. But I suggest test driving each one. They are both different in driving feel.

Yup, I'll have to do that.....

I really want the G35C, but at the same time the Z is calling my name!!! I hate being the DD all the time since most of my buddys drive 2 seaters.....So maby the Z is the way to go
Old 11-16-2005, 11:57 AM
jasonintoronto

are you looking for new or used? my friend is selling his 2004 350z track in toronto. interested?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:53 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by jasonintoronto
are you looking for new or used? my friend is selling his 2004 350z track in toronto. interested?
I might be... PM me with the details!!!!
Cheers,
Louis
Old 11-17-2005, 10:24 AM
cessna

Damn!!! ITS SNOWING AGAIN!!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:44 AM
MADooit

Originally Posted by cessna
Damn!!! ITS SNOWING AGAIN!!!!
That means you'll be up to 3k today!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:52 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by MAdooid
That means you'll be up to 3k today!

We shall see............lol
Old 11-20-2005, 01:03 PM
ZlleH

I was naughty today and took the car out for a little spin The insurnace on the Z will run out at the end of the month.

But now it is really in storage. Tire preasure up to 45psi. The car is on insulation styrofoam. Car went through a touchless car wash. And now has a car cover over it in the garage. >_<;;

But was it ever so sweet to get the attention again
Old 11-21-2005, 08:28 AM
greatnorthspec

sorry lou,
but no big enough feilds behind my place. Airport is fine.
You should get your sled ready for normal trails. You'll have a tough time finding a place to hill climb around here. Mines all ready to go!!

Dawm it Young....stop driving the car. I hope shes a way for good now. I told you if you put parts on right before storage you'd be to tempted to drive
Old 11-21-2005, 08:33 AM
cessna

sorry lou,
but no big enough feilds behind my place. Airport is fine.
You should get your sled ready for normal trails. You'll have a tough time finding a place to hill climb around here. Mines all ready to go!!

Dawm it Young....stop driving the car. I hope shes a way for good now. I told you if you put parts on right before storage you'd be to tempted to drive

Ok no prob, let me know when you and your dad want to go....

As for my sled, she"ll need a new track, and ice studs I would think!!!
Not sure if I want to do any of that as I<m planning to go back to BC/Alberta to visit some old college buddies to do some ski-touring (We use sleads to get to the alpine meadows and ski-tour (Hike) to the peak to grab some great powder runs
Is there anywhere in Ottawa that rents sleds???
Cheers,
Louis
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 PM
greatnorthspec

must be nice. My sled is an old lump and I ski at fortune in gatineau.

pretty much the same thing.

Actually im really excited about the snow. Ive been buying modds for my sled now
Old 11-21-2005, 12:05 PM
cessna

What do you own Scott?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:31 AM
FritzMan

What are ya talking about? It's just a car, drive it!

Slap some steelies on that baby and take it winter autocrossing. I mounted my 215/60/16 Blizzaks last night, new oil filter and Mobile 1. To make the 16" rims clear the rotor & brake, I also had to remove the 13" aftermarket rotors & caliper extender to mount the OEM caliper bracket & rotor. It's nice no longer having to worry about sub zero temps on the summer tires - they get pretty damn hard & slippery even if it's dry.

Here's a pic of me & the Zed in action last winter. Didn't do too bad, beat all the FWD except one.

cessna, do you fly to Moab at all during the winter? I'd love to do a MTB trip there... BTW, we're at Ste Marie almost every weekend. You're welcome to come up & spend the night if you're nearby. There's always a cold Heineken in the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!-wintersolo_2.jpg  

Last edited by FritzMan; 11-22-2005 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:53 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by FritzMan
What are ya talking about? It's just a car, drive it!

Slap some steelies on that baby and take it winter autocrossing. I mounted my 215/60/16 Blizzaks last night, new oil filter and Mobile 1. To make the 16" rims clear the rotor & brake, I also had to remove the 13" aftermarket rotors & caliper extender to mount the OEM caliper bracket & rotor. It's nice no longer having to worry about sub zero temps on the summer tires - they get pretty damn hard & slippery even if it's dry.

Here's a pic of me & the Zed in action last winter. Didn't do too bad, beat all the FWD except one.

cessna, do you fly to Moab at all during the winter? I'd love to do a MTB trip there... BTW, we're at Ste Marie almost every weekend. You're welcome to come up & spend the night if you're nearby. There's always a cold Heineken in the fridge.

Glad to hear your going to keep her Fritz!!!! Do you know of anyone who wants to buy my G Sedan? She's going into the Autotrader this week...

I've never flown (my airplane) to Moab.... only been there for a trail riding camp with Tinker Juarez himself (The dude with the dreads!!!!) You have to go there man, the ppl are great, the senery is fantastic, and everyone who mt bikes should at least make that pilgrimage once in their lives!!!

You'll have to get me your GPS coordinates for the cottage, Thanks for the invite, now I need to wait for the waterways to freeze-up, since the bird is on skis!. Like I said, if ever you need to get there/or back in a hurry, dont hesitate to call me,
Regards,
Louis
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 AM
FritzMan

Originally Posted by cessna
Glad to hear your going to keep her Fritz!!!! Do you know of anyone who wants to buy my G Sedan? She's going into the Autotrader this week...

I've never flown (my airplane) to Moab.... only been there for a trail riding camp with Tinker Juarez himself (The dude with the dreads!!!!) You have to go there man, the ppl are great, the senery is fantastic, and everyone who mt bikes should at least make that pilgrimage once in their lives!!!

You'll have to get me your GPS coordinates for the cottage, Thanks for the invite, now I need to wait for the waterways to freeze-up, since the bird is on skis!. Like I said, if ever you need to get there/or back in a hurry, dont hesitate to call me,
Regards,
Louis
You MTB?

I definitely know of Tinker. I raced against him the winter of 2004 at the 12hr of Razorback in Florida. He was in my solo class and I was only 35 minutes of him at the 9 hr mark (I was very pleased considering he's a multiple 24hr solo world champion and a pro for several decades). Unfortunately, I had to pull out soon after due to injury.

I didn't know you ride. I was just up at MT Ste Marie Thurs-Sun building MTB trails. Did a 65 km enduro loop on Sunday with a buddy. Got lost, bushwacked, ended up near Low, QC (~30km south of where we started). Finally made it home 4 hrs later. Burnt, but what an EPIC outing!

The best way to come up is to land on Lac Ste Marie and give my cell a ring. I'll come down and get you. Is the plane ok to spend a night alone? There's a lake closer (10 min walk away) but it's pretty small and well protected by mountains. I know the owner of the ski hill and golf course. Maybe I can ask him if you can land on the golf course...

Last edited by FritzMan; 11-22-2005 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:17 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by FritzMan
You MTB?

I definitely know of Tinker. I raced against him the winter of 2004 at the 12hr of Razorback in Florida. He was in my solo class and I was only 35 minutes of him at the 9 hr mark (I was very pleased considering he's a multiple 24hr solo world champion and a pro for several decades). Unfortunately, I had to pull out soon after due to injury.

I didn't know you ride. I was just up at MT Ste Marie Thurs-Sun building MTB trails. Did a 65 km enduro loop on Sunday with a buddy. Got lost, bushwacked, ended up near Low, QC (~30km south of where we started). Finally made it home 4 hrs later. Burnt, but what an EPIC outing!

Yeah, I used to cross-country ride, but after moving down to Nelson BC (4 or 5 years ago, lived there for 2 years) I took-up Downhilling.... My roomates out there were Shaun Denny, Dilland Tremblay and Mike Kinrade....(Same guys that now have the show ""Drop-In""
Those guys showed me EVERYTHING!!! From the best trails to huckking drops, Even as a novice rider, they truly were stand-up guys! I still ride my SantaCruz Super 8 at Fortune, but mostly I can be found urban assault riding downtown.....

Tinker was a great guy, and a blast to ride with (I found out that the "myth" of his riding with a packsack full of rocks was not a myth, but completely true!)
You have to get out there man, trust me you wont regret it!

Damn as if a 65km enduro ride wasnt sufficiant!!! No, no you had to go bushwackking!!! Damn, Fritz you are hardcore!!!lol!!! How the hell did you guys end up in Low Qc??? Thats insaine!!!
Cheers,
Louis

Quick Reply: Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!