Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:38 AM
greatnorthspec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, you got me. Im just trying to stall for time, so i can do it in the soring at the same time as my car. But if you want i can do it before winter, as in...some time soon. Let me know. ill stop harrasing you about it now.

Dont worry little lou, we'll get you your rippers
Old 11-08-2005, 10:14 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by greatnorthspec
okay, you got me. Im just trying to stall for time, so i can do it in the soring at the same time as my car. But if you want i can do it before winter, as in...some time soon. Let me know. ill stop harrasing you about it now.

Good I hope the H.A dont mind me taking them for a flight with Nickky!!!!
Remember Scott, we'll tell them that your the CEO of the company!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, you got me all wrong Please do not feel obligated in anyway to install my mods because you mentioned you could. Because If I have to do a plenum or engine dampener install, I would love to work with you in your shop.

But for the header install, I still have about 2 weeks to decide on what to do since that is when my paycheck comes in I'll decide then rather to do it now or in Spring. Maybe the header install is too hard to do a rush job with you at this time with your scheduel.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Madelinot

Guys, if you are meeting to do this, let me know. I'll give some help if/when I can...

Later,
Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by Madelinot
Guys, if you are meeting to do this, let me know. I'll give some help if/when I can...

Later,

Pauly and I want to drink beer at the Oasis!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 PM
ZlleH

Paul, that would be great, If Scott is able to find some free time that fits your schedule as well, I would love to do this as soon as possible.

I'll supply all the beers and food(breakfast/lunch/dinner). I'd rather spend the money on you guys and learn more about cars.

Originally Posted by Madelinot

Later,
Old 11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Paul, that would be great, If Scott is able to find some free time that fits your schedule as well, I would love to do this as soon as possible.

I'll supply all the beers and food(breakfast/lunch/dinner). I'd rather spend the money on you guys and learn more about cars.

And the Oasis will supply the rippers!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:39 PM
greatnorthspec

Originally Posted by cessna
And the Oasis will supply the rippers!!!
With all these ripper comments im starting to think someone has been spending alot of lonely nights flying solo.

But no its no problem young. thats what i was trying to point out to. there will no rush job. We'll take as long as needed. and its always nice having the extra help. when you do it yourself, you always learn alittle more. that way if something ever breaks you know exactly where to look. and its more rewarding saying "ya, my car has *whatever parts* and i did all the work."

But offer is on the table. I am pretty busy just right now because of school, work and my own work to. but all that should be slowing down shortly, just alot of deadlines to meet in the next two weeks. But seriously after that stuff is done, myself and my buddy are available to help out. we can use his shop if we want to use a hoist instead. and his shop is beside the caboret canada. So either way there will be cheap ugly strippers on coke. !!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:44 PM
cessna

With all these ripper comments im starting to think someone has been spending alot of lonely nights flying solo.

But seriously after that stuff is done, myself and my buddy are available to help out. we can use his shop if we want to use a hoist instead. and his shop is beside the caboret canada. So either way there will be cheap ugly strippers on coke. !!

Solo flying sucks

Excellent C Canada will do me just fine
Old 11-10-2005, 12:54 PM
ZlleH

ah, the first little flurry of snow, how depressing >_<;;

Last edited by ZlleH; 11-10-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
cessna

All day too!!!

I drove up to Camp Fortune last night and they had a good 2 cms already there!
Oh wait I'm an alpine ski coach!!! Yahoo!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:44 PM
ZlleH

Well, guys. I compromised.

I'm like a kid when it comes to getting toys, I have to play with them right away. Since it was a holiday, I called a favour on a friend and he installed my Kinetix High Flow Cats for me for a case of beer. He had access to a lift so it was a piece of cake. He told me there was no way he was gonna do the headers. It was too long of a process for just a case of beer And he had customers that day as well. So now I can live with no headers until spring if Scott can't find time in his schedule.

Anyway, does my car ever sound aggressive with the HFC. It's starting to sound more like a gurling V8. Can I tell a speed increase? Don't know cause the cold weather has made the car seem faster anyways. I find myself getting to redline way too quickly in 1st and 2nd gear now. So it's hard to tell if there is a noticable difference between the stock and Kinetix HFC.

Now I can't wait to complete my exhuast setup with the headers. Then the Kinetix v4 plenum. Then body kit.

See, Nick, I put performance before looks ;P Can't wait to get started on a body kit and.... Lambo doors! LOL

Last edited by ZlleH; 11-11-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
cessna

Good job Young!!! A case of beer works with my aircraft mechanic all the time!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:45 AM
greatnorthspec

Well glad to see you had to play woth your toys early. i know the feeling. That thing is going to sound awesome with the full exhaust!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:49 AM
ZlleH

Thanks, Scott. After a couple of days of nice warm weather, I have concluded that the performance gain is very noticable. The power gain is all through the power curve, not letting up at all in the higher gears. This has got to be one of my favorite performance mods to date.

Well glad to see you had to play woth your toys early. i know the feeling. That thing is going to sound awesome with the full exhaust!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 PM
cessna

Ok, So Gentleman, when are we going flying????
Old 11-14-2005, 12:20 PM
ZlleH

Cessna, I don't think I can afford to fly now after my spur-of-the-moment purchase of the HFC and engine dampener >_<;;

BTW: Does Canada sell the EVO MR and all those models that are supossed to be insanely fast for a 4 door sedan? Ever since I have come to this board, I've been scared everytime I see those "lancers" around town. But I don't think Canada sales those types of Lancer EVO. Even the mitsubishi Canada website don't list them. All I see is a Lancer with 2.0L 120hp and 130tq or the 2.4L 162hp / 162tq.

Help a guy not be scared of Lancers in Ottawa
Old 11-14-2005, 05:05 PM
MADooit

Originally Posted by cessna
Ok, So Gentleman, when are we going flying????

Lou, I don’t know if you get the Plane & Pilot Magazine. I couldn’t help but notice the resemblance of the plane in the article to yours. The article is called “Winter Engine OPS”. Check it out. It’s in the Dec. addition.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:17 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by MAdooid
Lou, I don’t know if you get the Plane & Pilot Magazine. I couldn’t help but notice the resemblance of the plane in the article to yours. The article is called “Winter Engine OPS”. Check it out. It’s in the Dec. addition.

Thanks Tony, I do get P and P every month.... I believe thats a Cessna 185... although it does look like a 180 dosent it???
Cheers,
Louis
Old 11-15-2005, 02:04 PM
ZlleH

Gah, I thought I could keep the Z out for another month, but saw the salt truck out this morning. Looks like the Z is going into hibernation now. So much for enjoying the new HFC a little more. ;(

Quick Reply: Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!