Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Official thread for the OTTAWA GUYS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:26 AM
FritzMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ridden Huntmar (behind Kanata Lakes)? Pretty technical stuff out there. If not, I'll drag you out there, you'll need something lighter & more pedalling efficient than a Super 8 though. I've got a singlespeed you can use, nice easy gearing to 32:16. He, he...

Yeah, the ATV trail we were following ended at a camp - not before I took a belly flop into a deep pit of mud. Those ATVs can really tear up a trail. Rather than go 1.5 hrs back I thought I spotted a road so we bushwacked for a couple of km. Found another old hunting trail but unfortunately it took us south. Ideally I wanted to go east over the Ste Marie ridge but it didn't work out.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 AM
greatnorthspec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish i still had time to mountain bike. that was alot of fun. I think it was the moment gas powered vehicles were introduced into my life that I bsiled out on using my own energy. atvs and bikes, theres my speacialty. I'm very excited to be back out on the trails. I got in a couple severe accidents a few years back and i gave up on recreational vehicles all together.
Lou, are you waiting till everything is frozen over before taken the plane out again? The veiw while winter flying must be incredible. I love the look of snow covered landscape.

I cant let myself drive any of my good cars in winter. i wont even buy a used car if its seen winter. In fact, none of my good cars have ever even been in the rain. But my beaters on the other hand...........

Oh ya and my sled is a 90 Ext 530 liquid. Looks like hell, old, but runs great!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:06 AM
ZlleH

I sometimes regret not getting a nice sports sedan and buying a 1000cc crotch rocket for the summer.

My friend sort of made my mind up when I asked him why he sold his 900cc sport bike if he loved it so much. He basically told me that He was scared he would kill himself on it. It's just so much raw power at the hands of a person who likes speed

Originally Posted by greatnorthspec
I wish i still had time to mountain bike. that was alot of fun. I think it was the moment gas powered vehicles were introduced into my life that I bsiled out on using my own energy. atvs and bikes, theres my speacialty.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:50 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by FritzMan
Have you ridden Huntmar (behind Kanata Lakes)? Pretty technical stuff out there. If not, I'll drag you out there, you'll need something lighter & more pedalling efficient than a Super 8 though. I've got a singlespeed you can use, nice easy gearing to 32:16. He, he...

Yeah, the ATV trail we were following ended at a camp - not before I took a belly flop into a deep pit of mud. Those ATVs can really tear up a trail. Rather than go 1.5 hrs back I thought I spotted a road so we bushwacked for a couple of km. Found another old hunting trail but unfortunately it took us south. Ideally I wanted to go east over the Ste Marie ridge but it didn't work out.

Yup I have... I use my little bro's bike..... not bad trailmenship!!!! There are some stunts that are ok!
There are so many old hunting/logging roads that you"ll probably never see them all in your lifetime!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:53 AM
cessna

Originally Posted by greatnorthspec
Lou, are you waiting till everything is frozen over before taken the plane out again? The veiw while winter flying must be incredible. I love the look of snow covered landscape.

Oh ya and my sled is a 90 Ext 530 liquid. Looks like hell, old, but runs great!

She's being flown everyday (almost) untill the lakes freeze over, I have to use airport strips....

Old sleads are better!!! You can beat the **** out of them , and not worry about screwing up the track!!! Damn tree stumps!!!

Anytime you want to go flying Scott, just let me know!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:22 AM
greatnorthspec

Well boyz and gals,

I have some info that may make some of you happy; currently in the works is a mounting kit to swap the vq35de into an se-r sentra. It has already been done to one car. There are videos of him on streetfire.net running low 13's/high 12's with a stock vq with a custom exhaust. There is some wire hacking to be done but the up-coming kit includes everything to mount the tranny, engine, and axles. The rest is up to me to source and install. I am up for the challenge, after long consideration myself and my friends helping me with the work decided that thw swap is a better idea then finishing my build.
And actually, for the cost I bought and installed everything for, i'll actually be up a bit over $1000 when i sell everything, not including the money i was goning to spend on the stand alone. I know ill be able to sell it all because the manufactorers have stopped making all these parts and i get offers all the time even before my set-up was for sale.
What do you guys think, an equally fast car with a bone stock motor or keep the 4cyl turboed and build it. Now obviously I'd have to mod the vq. I dont want it stock, so my next question for all of you are which engine parts should i pick for it. I am using the aftermarket headers for a maxima and having them heated,bent and re-welded, Im using the flywheel and jwt clutch i already have (they fit), with my 6 speed tranny. Ill like to pick up a set of cams for sure, and i'd like more. But i dont know as much as all of you as to which parts benefit the vq best. I'd love to turbo it and i would right away but i dont know how much room will be left under the hood, likely not enough for any forced induction.

and what are the differences in the vq between maximas and 350z's in the sam year range. I need to source an engine and ecu for an 03 if anyone knows of somewhere reliable.
As of now we are confident we will go ahead with this project, i had my fun with a turbo qr. The only thing that will stop this is if I run into issues with the company that makes the mounts and bell housing adapter.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 AM
cessna

Your a certified Sentra lover!!!!lol!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:07 AM
greatnorthspec

so? what do you think.... vq better then boosted qr?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:10 AM
cessna

I think so.... Its certainly better than a boxter thats for sure!!!!

How much is that swap going to run you if you dont mind my asking???

BTW my G is going into the autotrader this week... 29, 500$ or 28, 700 if any of you are intrested... Scott mine already comes with a VQ in it!!! hint*hint!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:57 AM
greatnorthspec

I dont want to give exact prices, but with selling my turbo kit and engine and other bolt ons for reletively cheap Ill actually be gaining money. i got my turbo kit for dirt cheap and did all the labour myself. The turbo kit also only has 4000km's on it.

Plus I was already going to spend another 6g's on the standalone and rest of the build this winter. So realistically I'll still have another 6grand plus the money i'm left with from my mod sales, to throw into the vq. I won't spend it all though, ill like to buy some new windows for my parents house too. Seems like the vq is a good idea to me.

The reason i'm not getting another car is my insurance, or lack there of. Im lucky to be keeping a "stock" sentra. In fact I may have to cancel everything but liability and fire and theft on my car. Which is ok because i know my license is on the rocks and i'll be lucky to get any insurance at all.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:58 AM
cessna

Good luck Scott, thats going to be an even meaner ride that she already is!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:21 AM
ZlleH

Heya, guys.

What was the exact name of the town or UPS station that some of you guys told people to ship to near the Canada/US border so then you can go pick it up as to avoid brokerage fees?

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 AM
cessna

Nickky would know....
Old 12-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Madelinot

UPS Store in Ogdensburg, NY:
THE UPS STORE
2981 FORD STREET EXT
OGDENSBURG, NY 13669
315-393-1188
Old 12-20-2005, 10:29 PM
ZlleH

Sweet, thanks, Paul.

I just looked at the address on maps.google.com. It couldn't be anymore easy to get to.

Has anyone done this before? Does the UPS station call long distance to inform you that it has arravied so you can go pick it up?

Originally Posted by Madelinot
UPS Store in Ogdensburg, NY:
THE UPS STORE
2981 FORD STREET EXT
OGDENSBURG, NY 13669
315-393-1188
Old 12-21-2005, 04:15 AM
Madelinot

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Has anyone done this before? Does the UPS station call long distance to inform you that it has arravied so you can go pick it up?
Yes to both questions. They'll charge you $5.