Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

WHERE to get good service in GTA??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:50 AM
sheck4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHERE to get good service in GTA??

Have to take the Z in to get its first service, but I keep hearing about all these poor dealerships.

On that note, whats with EVERY other car manufacturer building NEW state of the art dealerships, and Nissan has built 1 (yonge north of Elgin Mills) ??
Villiage Nissan is a DUMP !, its totally second rate, and for that matter the rest of them are'nt much better. Makes me...

So, anyone take their car up to the 'new' one Yonge st north, Rich-man hill ?

Thanks
Steve
Old 05-19-2007, 04:21 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo bro,

For my first service I took the Z into St,Clair nissan. They did excellent work and took very good care of the Z. (although it may be a little far for you.)

The service manager seemed like a good guy, almost trustworthy..

I have also heard very good things about Oakville and Dixie nissan.

Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers,
Church
Old 05-19-2007, 04:54 AM
locknut

Default St. Claire Nissan

+1 St. Claire Nissan where i had delt with prior to moving, also still reccomending Brampton North...they are great there.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Strife350z

Village isn't that bad... I use them for all my oil changes (for warranty purposes... wanted Nissan to have a record so they couldn't screw me on repairs - it came in handy when I needed a new tranny)

Village has great hours (open until 3 am) too. Their front desk is a little rude, and the mechanics are scruffy, but they're respectful of your car and they don't take it for one of their "test drives" for no reason

So if you're close to Village there's no reason to not use them for routine maintenance.

If you have any major repairs, I would personally recommend Dixie Nissan. Those guys are one of the best shops I have ever used, period. Dealership or otherwise.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:15 PM
XuperXero

Yonge north of Elgin Mills is Alta Nissan. Don't go to them. Service is not bad. But the mechanics are completely incompetent. Installed a couple of my parts wrong and screwed up my transmission shift guide and some other crap... They even take it for joyriding when I ****ing told them not to. A friend of mine is the witness since he lives next door to the dealership.

Alta can go screw themselves. I do everything myself now. Or at least a reputable shop like Simone Performance in Newmarket.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Strife350z

Damn... David just use Village... You're decently close... plus their hours match up with your lifestyle lol
Old 05-20-2007, 01:16 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Bad dealerships
===========

1. Willowdale Nissan (Yonge St., North of Steeles)

Bought my Z at this dealership and did most of my initial oil changes/warrenty work here. They scratched my rims putting on my wheel locks (apparently they got their kid lacky to put them on) and refused to even consider refinishing my rim over "minor" damage that THEY caused :@

In terms of warrenty work, I got them to fix my rear windshield nozzle (to this day it still leaks), both driver and passenger power window motors after they died and they scratched my driver side tints after the replacement. Their parking lot for service is also narrow and TINY and is susceptible to retarded people parking lot dinging your z (this happened to me once).

2. Alta Nissan (Yonge St., VERY VERY VERY North of the City)

I brought my Z here to have my rims refinished and brake serviced/pads replaced. The only reason why I went to this dealership (as opposed to Willowdale Nissan) was because it was one of those newly built ones and I wanted to see if it was good. Contrary to Xuper's experience, I had an "okay" one with them. Nothing bad happened but I don't know if they took my car out for a joyride and they did my brake job/pad replacement with no real issue. But I wouldn't go back, only because it's so damn far away.

Good Dealerships
============

1. Kingston Nissan

Super nice service consultants that know what they're talking about and they always did competent work. No complaints and no problems. They even took the time to find me replacement tires when they were feathering when I had my Z at ANOTHER dealership. They don't have a shuttle bus, so they PAY to have a taxi take you home. Sure it might not sound like a big deal, but it's these little things that give customers a good experience.

2. Barrie Nissan

Same as above, super nice service consultant (dude's name is Joe) and they did competent work with no problems.

3. Walkley Nissan (Ottawa on Bank St.)

Only been here once after I had a little boo boo (ie. crashing my z into a curb) and they did a full repair on my suspension. They did it quickly and competently. No real complaints as well as they took me off the street and fixed my z within 3 days of receiving a broken z randomly in the morning with no appointment. They apparently have a full service facility (including full bodyshop + paint booth) on site.

To be quite honest, going to dealerships for oil changes is unnecessary. Nissan only provides regular motor oil and Mobil 1 synthetic upon request. Mobil 1 isn't even a full synthetic motor oil (from what I hear) and for the price you pay for Mobil 1 at any of the dealerships, you can get Motul 8100 which is 100000x's better. So unless you need warrenty work done, I'd just go to a regular shop that carries Motul and get it done there. Any competent monkey can change oil without much fear of screwing up your Z, just make sure the shop isn't some sketchy place in Scarborough

Last edited by goneinsixtyseconds; 05-20-2007 at 01:19 AM.