Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Another Z owner goes down for insurance...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:33 PM
XuperXero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Z owner goes down for insurance...

Got a letter in mail today...

"We are sorry that we cannot continue this insurance policy."
Reason: some major moving violations...
170km/h in 100km/h zone
85 in 70 km/h zone.

Damn...

I have until Nov 19....
STATE FARM SUCKS

So what are my options right now? All I can think of now is:
1. Sell the car, buy an old cheap car and insure it under 1-way insurance (liability)
2. Look for another company that will insure.. (bad option since I'm having financial difficulties)

Not to mention, my mother's car is also uninsured as any car I am insured under is rejected.

Last edited by XuperXero; 09-22-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^dam!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:51 PM
PWRSTRK

You brought this on yourself man. Don't damn State Farm -- since it's a mutual I'm thankful they cut off people like you as I have them insuring seven vehicles for me. Drive safer. Insurance is... insurance, not an entitlement.

Last edited by PWRSTRK; 09-22-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:59 PM
pss350z

Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
You brought this on yourself man. Don't damn State Farm -- since it's a mutual I'm thankful they cut off people like you as I have them insuring seven vehicles for me. Drive more safely. Insurance is... insurance, not an entitlement.

I'm looking forward to mine, two Saturdays in a row.....42 over and 49 over . No other tickets in years if I recall correctly, sh!tty luck I guess. Or maybe good luck up until now.

I wouldn't say drive more safely, drive more carefully seems more appropriate. Mind you I don't know if you're doing 70 over in traffic or in open road.

" Insurance is... insurance, not an entitlement." But you can't drive without insurance
Old 09-22-2007, 03:20 PM
XuperXero

PWRSTRK, that's actually offensive coming from a sports car owner. Keep your negative **** and ***** driving to yourself. I'm asking for options, not negative attitude/comment. "You brought this on yourself" true, I did, but then I didn't do it for fun or joyride, I did it because I had to. So keep your morales in check too.

pss350z - FYI, it was on open stretch on 401. I believe if it was 70 over on traffic, it'd be considered as dangerous driving.
And good luck with yours... hopefully they wont void insurance. But I've had my fair share of good luck before any of this happened as well...
Old 09-22-2007, 04:02 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

curious to know if you originally fought these tickets? 70 and over is nothing to plead guilty to on the back of a ticket, even if you are. Im pretty sure that's what killed it for you. Its under the same category as racing.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Smasher

Well at least you have until Nov. 19 That's about when my car will be hibernating fir the winter. If you do the same you might be able to wait until spring to get full insurance and safe a few bucks.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:12 PM
ZlleH

70 over in a 100 zone and you are in Ontario? Aren't they starting to enforce the suspended license or $10,000K fine for anyone they catch doing 50km/h over the limit?
Old 09-22-2007, 06:32 PM
PWRSTRK

***** driving? My driving wasn't an issue here.

And actually part of what's offensive is your thinking that State Farm should continue to insure you given your infractions. But that's beside the point.

You did it because you had to? Can you explain?

Originally Posted by XuperXero
PWRSTRK, that's actually offensive coming from a sports car owner. Keep your negative **** and ***** driving to yourself. I'm asking for options, not negative attitude/comment. "You brought this on yourself" true, I did, but then I didn't do it for fun or joyride, I did it because I had to. So keep your morales in check too.

pss350z - FYI, it was on open stretch on 401. I believe if it was 70 over on traffic, it'd be considered as dangerous driving.
And good luck with yours... hopefully they wont void insurance. But I've had my fair share of good luck before any of this happened as well...
Old 09-22-2007, 06:36 PM
PWRSTRK

P.S. You did ask for options, and I did not offer any. For that I apologize.

Originally Posted by XuperXero

Old 09-22-2007, 07:06 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Something here too that's not been mentioned. If it was a necessity, then the police better have/or should have noted it as in a positive way on the behalf of the driver. So if it does go to court it will help out. As to keeping morals to ones self, that I haven't heard anything about, but language should be kept in check also. Speed is speed, insurance is insurance (a privilege) and driver's license is also a "privilege". With a valid good reason for the speeding, take it to court, present the reasoning, and if necessary fight for a lesser fine, etc., even use a lawyer, if you need to. Whatever you do, if you can get the ticket reduced to a lower speed, if that's possible due to the reason maybe even get it removed, then that insurance company may redo their thinking as they won't have a leg to stand on, if there is not valid ticket or at least a lower speed. Good Luck for both of you on your tickets. Don't go down without a fight.
Now the reason I said that is: a) I was stopped for 125 mph in a 65 mph. The reason was good enough that the police actually led the way from that point. I was on the way to get morphine for my father who had cancer throughout his body and in terrible pain. They got me to the pharmacy and back to my parent's home in very fast time and no stops. Also the pharmacy was waiting with the prescription ready at the door when we arrived. This was around 12:30 am. I did not receive a ticket, although I did get a "little" enlightenment on making a 911 next time for assistance. I thank the officers very kindly and blessed them. I look at everything as a positive situation, even though my father passed away a few weeks later, at least it was peaceful. Oh yes, I also have state farm insurance and they're great to me.

So hand in there, and use your good reason to fight for your case, and good luck.

Last edited by WSchli1672; 09-22-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:24 PM
xdragus

damn first i wake your *** up early to help me...then you practically starve to death till 5pm and then i had to kick you outta my place to help my bro and now this =(

with that 1 main violation doubt any insurance company will take you unless the reason was life and death like WSchli1672. Wish i had some suggestions but you'd probably have to start driving like granny styles and save all that hunger for speed at the track.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:27 PM
mikhe

There's probably a couple of high risk insurance company that will still take you but insurance is gonna be sky high. I think Nordic insurance is a high risk insurance company.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:43 AM
XuperXero

bender - I had an expensive lawyer fight that ticket for me, I still lost and costed me 30 days license suspension. it was only a matter of time before the insurance found out on my driver's abstract...

Smasher - my Z's a daily driver, it goes through winters as well (although I intended to buy a winter car this year... not anymore now, money's going somewhere else)

PwRSTRK - I was actually involved in an accident a couple of months ago, insurance didnt do a full coverage, they I had to fork over an extra $2000 out of my own pockets to pay for the rest of the damage, so imo their claim ratings suck. Not only that, they stop my insurance because of ONE major infraction? I actually talked to my agent not too long ago. They said that they only stop insuring cars with a "dangerous driving" record. I'm pretty sure they also said that they still insure people with 50 over infraction. I guess that's changed now.

As for my reason for going that speed, it's personal and it's none of your business. But it was neccessary to go 160-220 pretty much the entire way from montreal to toronto. Although, I did explain it to the cop, he was pretty hardassed...

One more thing, I will apologize for my attitude, I did get a little too defensive.

Schli - unfortunately, it wasn't a life threatening situation or such, so the cop would not let me go. Keep in mind that this was in a small town where there's only 4 cops and one judge. They were all pretty hardassed...

Hock - not to mention only less than 3 hours of sleep! haha

Ced - that's for the insurance company name, I'll look it up. If it's high, I might just go for option #1 and insure one way on a crappier car.

Thanks for the input so far guys. Any more ideas would be appreciated. I'm glad there's this much support from the Z community.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:00 AM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

everyone has their reasons...insurance companies suck...you pay because you have too....so you can drive...and then when you need them, they get pissed.

i don't hate or love insurance companies...it's a necessary thing in order to drive (legally). it's their choice to cover or not cover you. can't really do anything about that.

going 170km/h in an 100 km/h zone...you knew you were going that fast and got caught. personal reasons aside, we all speed and if we get caught, it's our time to get caught. like karma....it comes around when you don't expect it...sometimes sooner or later....but it still comes around...

hope you find another carrier. good luck
Old 09-23-2007, 01:08 AM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

Originally Posted by PWRSTRK
You brought this on yourself man. Don't damn State Farm -- since it's a mutual I'm thankful they cut off people like you as I have them insuring seven vehicles for me. Drive safer. Insurance is... insurance, not an entitlement.
hey OP, i know it's hard to swallow, but you did go over the speed limit. pwr's just voicing his opinion, not trying to start a fight. any cop that sees you going 70km/h over the posted limit is going to tag you. insurance companies aren't the nicest or most honest entities to deal with, they'll find reasons to drop you.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Sea Bass

What possible reason could you have to justify going between 160-220 km/h between Montreal and Toronto? Somebody pregnant? Get 'em to the first hospital in between (And there's plenty!). Death in family? Well, as crass as this might sound, they're dead, they aren't going anywhere. Somebody sick and close to dying? If they're with you, get 'em to the nearest hospital, don't drive for 600 km! If they're IN Toronto... what are you going to do? Are you a doctor, and are you somehow better than all the staff at the hospital he/she is at? You say your reason are personal, that's fine, I don't care to know the specifics. My point is that there is no justifiable reason to go that speed over such a long distance. Think about it.

I'm not mocking you, man, but you have to realize, you brought this on all by yourself. You have to realize that if you're going that fast and you get caught, you have no one else to blame. Meanwhile, here you are asking us for sympathy, and calling a poster's comments "offensive" (lol, how is it offense?!) and referring him as a "*****", lol!

You're a young kid with a fast car. You got caught speeding big time, and you already admitted to having a previous motor vehicle history (the accident). Take it like a man, realize it's your own fault, and move on.

Last edited by Sea Bass; 09-23-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey XuperXero,
As you know I've recently run into insurance problems as well, they all started because I listed my Z as modified, that combined with three minor traffic vilolations spread out over 3 years made getting insurance very hard. My 350Z is moving over to "Facility" Insurance. It will be very expensive, but my Z will be on the roads in the spring. RiskyBiz suggested I give "EASYWAY" insurance brokers a call. They specialize in insuring "high risk drivers". Their number is 310 EWAY. They will find a company for you. As for the speeding, I really don't think anyone can talk about that. Let he without sin cast the first stone.
All of us are guilty of speeding at some point or another. Some of us have been caught and let go, some of us have been caught and punished to the full extent of the law. I have a buddy that was 115 km/h over the limit and was let go. My dental assistant has been pulled over 15 times and has only ever had to pay 1 ticket. I got pulled over 3 times for about 20 over and had my *** handed to me everytime.
Keep your head up, you might have to find a way to make a little more money, and drive extra disciplined for the next couple of years. I kind of enjoy getting tailgated everywhere I go now, it's dangerous, but pretty funny to watch others go insane.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Sea Bass

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
As for the speeding, I really don't think anyone can talk about that. Let he without sin cast the first stone.
For the record, I never said anything about the speeding itself, but doing it for a prolonged period of time, and getting caught. I'll freely admit to speeding in the z, but I rarely, if ever, go 60 km/h over the limit at any given time anymore... and I know if I DO get caught (and I have in the past, though for only minor violations), then it's my own fault.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM
XuperXero

"since it's a mutual I'm thankful they cut off people like you" that's the part I found most offensive. Just because someone gets one major infraction doesn't mean they shouldn't get a second chance. This is also very biased. Just because I get one major infraction does not mean I am a dangerous driver.

I do realized that I was speeding and I do realize that I got caught, I'm past that. What I'm not past is the fact that my insurance is going to be dropped and the fact that you guys are just picking on me speeding when I asked you for options on what I can do. I didn't ask for sympathy either. I just asked for opinions and what I can do to keep my car and drive it as I need transportation to get around. For this part, I'm sure age-bias comes into play.

Z Phil - at the time, it did seem urgent. now that I think about it. It wasn't really worth it. But you can't think logically when you are in shocked state.

2THPWR, thanks for the company name, but is it a 905 or 416 number?

Last edited by XuperXero; 09-23-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Z owner goes down for insurance...